HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Brocks map / PCIII question NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
Beondwacko

Expert Class
posted August 10, 2009 04:59 AM        
Brocks map / PCIII question

My 08' 14 was already equiped with a PCIII and a brocks SS system with a 20" Ti can when I bought it from OldKawBoy.

I noticed something a bit odd a few months ago after I installed my HID's. One of the ballasts was almost pressed up against where the PCIII is mounted on the left intake tube. It may even have physically touched the buttons before I moved the ballast after the night time shake down run.

I noticed that on my shake down run that I had a part throttle "hicup" at around 4K rpm that sometimes is there but not always. My first thought is that maybe the ground on the PCIII was bad, then I thought that the Map (started off as a Brocks map, but then was tweaked a bit by a tuner near the last owners house via a dyno) may have been corrupted by the HID ballast leaning on the PCIII buttons.

I don't have much experience playing with PCIII's and maps. I'm very much a set it and forget it kinda person. I didn't get a map on disk from the previous owner so it's not like I can just reload the "tweaked" map. I don't think I can just call Brock and ask for a matching map for this pipe being that I wasn't the orig' purchaser of the pipe, the previous owner was.

Without going the full retune route(mainly because I don't know a shop I trust in the area with a dyno) does anyone have any ideas? I also forgot to mention that the bike was originally tuned at an altitude about 1500 ft higher than I am and the fuel mileage is a bit low with easy riding (around 33 mpg).

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Adam

Ignore this member   
BobC

Pro
posted August 10, 2009 07:36 AM        
If the map on your Power Commander has become corrupt the person who did the tuning will probably have the original on their PC.
I can't see any reason why they wouldn't send you a copy so you can reload it. If you don't have the Dynojet software it is available as a free download.

2012 ZZR1400 in Golden Blazed Green
Brock CT Full System. etc
Max: 203.1 in 1 mile (so far)

Ignore this member   
Beondwacko

Expert Class
posted August 10, 2009 08:58 AM        
I had been thinking that as well, but the shop that did the tuning is 3 states away and he has no clue to who I am. If I find the shop and call them maybe they'll work with me.

Power wise the bike is still (or was still the last time I was there 2+ months ago) making power at the track, but the last time I was there I was about -2.5 mph. I attributed that to the warmer temps and higher humidity along with the lack of a slight tail wind.

Ignore this member   
117 in a 30

Novice Class
posted August 10, 2009 09:22 AM        
Beondwacko, bought my bike used with brocks pipe pcIII already on it , long story short scrambled firmware, lost map! Cant call brocks and get a map , but if you go to his website , fill everything out for map support, he soesnt care that you did not purchase the pipe new if you have one on your bike , they will give you maps, Brocks customer service is second to none. Anybody with a brocks pipe will tell maps are not for sharing, and more than likely no-one will give you one but Brocks . They will fix you up.
  Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Brocks map / PCIII question NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2011 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.609976053238 seconds processing time