HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Not full but free! NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
Thread: Not full but free!
rich s

Not full but free!

Well, my insurance adjuster sent the check to the dealer and since money is tight with all the remodeling I am doing to the house I got the Short Meg slip-ons. They came to almost exactly the same as one stock can so I only had to pay a few bucks for it. I am confused however as some here refer to a SMEG. Is that the Short or Street Meg?

I also read about some passenger problems with the Short Meg. Not everyone has problems with heat on the passengers feet so any imput on how it is working for you would be appreciated.

I did not get the plug, does it make much of a difference? I am curious to how loud this will be since they are slip-ons and it is still a dula exhaust. Bike MIGHT be ready tomorrow but I doubt it. It sure will be nice to have my bike looking mint again and with a little more noise over stock

Ignore this member   
dubious

Needs a life
Needs more time to ride!
posted August 06, 2009 12:52 PM        
smeg is reference to street meg,
The shortmeg doesn't make it as far back on the bike, and therefor some have complained about the passenger getting more noise and exhaust fumes with a short meg.

The duals will be sweet!
Post pics!

Ignore this member   
Wheelie

Needs a life
Old Man
posted August 06, 2009 12:54 PM        
some have complained about burned leg when drag racing, lol like me.

wee

Ignore this member   
rich s

No drag racing for me but it might burn the tip of my shank if it falls out of the holster

I will post pics as soon as I get it. I wish it would have been a full system but just don't want to spend the extra money plus the needed PC. I will be pulling the flies next spring and will get the PC then.

Will Brocks give me a flies out map even though these are just slip-ons?

Ignore this member   
dubious

Needs a life
Needs more time to ride!
posted August 06, 2009 02:34 PM        
If he has mapped the bike in that configuration he will provide a map, all ya gotta do is ask him.
His service is very fast with the maps too.

post pics, but You can keep the shank pics to yourself !

Ignore this member   
pazx14rider

Zone Head
posted August 06, 2009 07:04 PM        
I called last week and talked to Steve I had a buddy interested in a slip on for his gixxer 1000, Steve said there is no power gain at all, and no pc3 needed, you would have to call and ask but i doubt they have a map for flies out and slip ons, but its worth checking on. And on the short meg i have burn my boot several times mainly drag racing when i rest my boot on top of the pipe missing the peg. Nothing easy off oven cleaner doesnt take off. And i dont think you will have many complaints from a passenger i haul my wife once in awhile no problems, Its a Brocks Its loud...enjoy it.
  Ignore this member   
rich s

Paz,

Do you have the plasma blue 14? If so can you post a good side shot of your bike so I can see what the exhaust will look like with that color scheme? I searched everywhere but could not find any. No call from the dealer and I doubt it will be done today. It is going to be a long weekend!!

Dub, I will definitely post up some pics and try to keep it in my pants.

Ignore this member   
pazx14rider

Zone Head
posted August 09, 2009 07:51 AM        
Hey rich sorry, havnt been on for awhile heres a pic any questions give a shout.

Ignore this member   
pazx14rider

Zone Head
posted August 09, 2009 07:52 AM        
The Badge is off in these pics i was in the process on intalling a new one brock sent me due to the paint peeling he stated they had a bad batch of them but sent me one free.

Ignore this member   
pazx14rider

Zone Head
posted August 09, 2009 07:54 AM        
video sound clip

Ignore this member   
rich s

Thanks bud! Your bike looks AWESOME. I love the painted grills. I am hoping the exhaust is in Monday. I am pretty confident I made the right pic with the shortmeg. My only worry is if it will be too loud.
  Ignore this member   
pazx14rider

Zone Head
posted August 10, 2009 12:12 PM        
Thanks Rich, www.colorrite.com get the paint you need , tape and some scotchbrite pads and your on your way for the grills. from what i ran across seeing other zx14s with brocks pipes in person, the short meg is a bit louder and has a slightly deeper tone than the s-meg. The alien head had a higher pitch and was deffinitly louder but not as deep as the short meg. I have yet to hear the new gen system, i think Bently has one and they are supposed to be the quietest. Anyhow have fun, enjoy, and try not to piss the neighbors off too bad!!
  Ignore this member   
rich s

I wonder if it will be louder with having the duals? Not as much exhaust going through them but who knows. I really wish my dealer would call!!
  Ignore this member   
pazx14rider

Zone Head
posted August 10, 2009 01:30 PM        
I bet the wait sucks, hey post up some pics when you get it done!
  Ignore this member   
All times are PST(US) < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Not full but free! NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

Copyright 2000-2011 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.226984977722 seconds processing time