HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: My results with Amsoil NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
Bently

Needs a life
2012 14r In Blue and no Mods!
posted August 02, 2009 12:20 PM        
My results with Amsoil

Well after hearing all the talk about Amsoil and it being recommended from cycle concepts where I buy my clutch pak i decided to give it a shot. first thing I noticed is My start up rattle is compltely gone which makes me feel good. shifts smoother as well. went to the track friday night and had the most 60fts in the 1.40's that I have ever had. with a best being 1.46 also made the most 9.20 runs in one night that I have ever ran and it was pretty hot and humid. i Would say it changed my clutch feel for me to the better and helped my launch. I don't feel I would have gained any et from the oil if not for the better 60ft. But to me it's worth the price for what it did for me. I get it for 8 bucks a quart so only about 10 dollars more for an oil chage and the start up rattle being gone is worth that to me. so now the test will be after alot of runs to see how the clutch looks.

Ignore this member   
AcadianaZX

Advertiser
posted August 02, 2009 04:37 PM        
Amsoil has the best longivity, you will like the long term outcome. Smokin is working on a long term test for us. He had simular results with the clutch grab. I'm glad your Impressed.

Keep Rollin
James
T & J Synthetics

Ignore this member   
LAB3

Needs a job
posted August 02, 2009 05:51 PM        
Bently
No CCT rattle on cold engine start? I found several dealers in Fort Worth but
it is over $10.00 a quart. It is worth that if it Really does cure the CCT rattle.
Louis

Ignore this member   
02zx12rbob

Expert Class
posted August 02, 2009 06:50 PM        
I've had good luck with mobil 1, but I found a guy I work with that said he'd gimme a good deal on some Amsoil if I'd give it a try, think I might if the price is reasonable.
  Ignore this member   
Bently

Needs a life
posted August 02, 2009 07:21 PM        
So far it's the only oil that took my rattle on start up away, it absolutly does not do it anymore.
  Ignore this member   
LAB3

Needs a job
posted August 02, 2009 07:32 PM        
I use Mobil 1 motorcycle 10w40 and my 14 always has the CCT rattle on cold start.
It only has 6500 miles and has been serviced every 2500 miles. It pisses me off
that Kawasaki does not have a fix for this. I am waiting on Bill to do his mod on a
ZX-12CCT so I don't have to listen to it. But I will try the Amsoil and see how if it
works on my 14 and for how long on fresh oil.
Thanks Bently

Louis

Ignore this member   
SteveWFL

posted August 02, 2009 08:42 PM        
I like mine!

CBR600RR track bike

Ignore this member   
SteveWFL

posted August 02, 2009 08:43 PM        
and if you get a case price from a rep, you'd be amazed how cheap it is shipped to your fromt door
CBR600RR track bike

Ignore this member   
Nelson Taylor

Zone Head
posted August 02, 2009 08:51 PM        
Thanks for giving the results Bently...
I ran also ran two years ago. The longevity is great but the price is crazy.....
I gotta find me a rep like SteveWFL suggest
6.02 @ 121mph
(Stock Wheelbase) 2006 ZX14

Ignore this member    Click here to visit Nelson Taylor's homepage. 
KawaBonzai

Zone Head
Leader of the Back.
posted August 02, 2009 08:59 PM        
quote:
I've had good luck with mobil 1, but I found a guy I work with that said he'd gimme a good deal on some Amsoil if I'd give it a try, think I might if the price is reasonable.

+1 on the Mobile 1. But I'm not brand loyal, I'll give the Amsoil a shot if it's "all that".

Ignore this member    Click here to visit KawaBonzai's homepage. 
dubious

Needs a life
Needs more time to ride!
posted August 02, 2009 09:11 PM        Edited By: dubious on 3 Aug 2009 04:27
Amsoil is all I run, in anything I own.
10 years now...

After seeing the oil analysis results on a 600 caterpillar engine in a log truck I was driving, I was sold.
The truck was driven 24-7 either idling or full throttle 35 psi plus boost, for hours on end dragging 145,000 lbs. ( both scenarios are the worst for an engine BTW) EGR and cylinder wash is very bad for diesels. At idle the fuel washes past the rings and duilutes the oil, under full load the egr valve recircs soot into the engine. The new EPA mandates EGR valves which function in this manner, to ensure hydrocarbons are burned, not blown out the tail pipe

We were able to run the oil at 12,000 mile intervals safely, instead of 5000 on the ragged edge with conevntional oil. This provided added protection, and less down time, and reduced oil services actually reduced our oil service costs as well. Less oil was consumed and the final result was savings every way.

If we can TRUST OUR LIVELY HOODS, and $40,000, 500,000 mile engines with it, its good for your toys!

Ignore this member   
1badzx12r

Needs a life
posted August 02, 2009 09:44 PM        Edited By: 1badzx12r on 3 Aug 2009 04:47
all thats fine dub.. but after 30 passes my oil is going into the dumpster .. at 22.00 a gal. i'm buying mobile 1 unless amsoil can match the price ...which they can't or won't ..

and for the rotella guys .. after 3 oil runs and changes with rotella .. my engine sounds alot quieter with the moblie 1 then the rotella ... also pick -up 400rpm on the oil change ..

that my moblie1 10w 40 vs 5w 40 rotella test ..

Ignore this member   
dubious

Needs a life
Needs more time to ride!
posted August 02, 2009 09:53 PM        
If it was amsoil, it wouldn't need to go to the dumpster, change the oil filter and run it 60 passes bro.
as long as the filter is getting all the clutch material, there isn't anything wrong with that oil.

Our trucks had a remote access fliter and we changed them every 6000 miles, and did the oil every 12,000 miles.

For sure use it in your street ridden turbo Rob. It really handles the heat of a hot turbo's much better than mobil or any orther oil tested. It doesn't coke as bad and your turbo bearings will last longer too.

The truck ran 1100f egt's all day long, and up to 1300f for intervals.

I am a skeptic too buddy, total pessimist.
I thought it was all snake oil and bullshit, but have seen the analysis results, and the owners of these trucks were completel;y anal.... its their livelihoods and business on the line.

Anyway, thats my 2 cents

Ignore this member   
1badzx12r

Needs a life
posted August 02, 2009 10:43 PM        Edited By: 1badzx12r on 3 Aug 2009 05:47
DUB . i've run amsoil before .. i found it to be no better than any other oil when used for drag-strip passes .. it was just as contaminated as any other oil after 30 passes .. the oil color change was not from oil wear but clutch contaminates that are to small for a filter to catch ..

on top of that i've got 1 of the biggest amsoil dealer nutts in the houston area that i ride with ..and amsoil will crawfish on a oil warranty just like the other brands .. we've had some longggggggggggggggggggggggg debates at breakfast over oils ..

Ignore this member   
Rideharder

Zone Head
posted August 02, 2009 11:18 PM        Edited By: Rideharder on 3 Aug 2009 06:21
MOTOREX Power Synt 4T Synthetic 4-Stroke Motor Oil, 10W50

Ignore this member    Click here to visit Rideharder's homepage. 
LAB3

Needs a job
posted August 03, 2009 03:03 AM        
quote:
DUB . i've run amsoil before .. i found it to be no better than any other oil when used for drag-strip passes .. it was just as contaminated as any other oil after 30 passes .. the oil color change was not from oil wear but clutch contaminates that are to small for a filter to catch ..

on top of that i've got 1 of the biggest amsoil dealer nutts in the houston area that i ride with ..and amsoil will crawfish on a oil warranty just like the other brands .. we've had some longggggggggggggggggggggggg debates at breakfast over oils ..

Were you riding a 14? If so did your CCT make a rattle on cold start? Bently got
lucky and his 14 is quiet.

Ignore this member   
1badzx12r

Needs a life
posted August 03, 2009 05:42 AM        Edited By: 1badzx12r on 3 Aug 2009 12:47
yes my CCT made noise at start-up .. but i can say that differant oils did make it less noticable .. the worst noise making was with the rotella on my bike ..

ive only used 3 brands of oil in my zx14

rotella
mobile 1
amsoil

Ignore this member   
billeason

Zone Head
posted August 03, 2009 12:37 PM        
I have tried amsoil to see if it made any diff, in start up rattle. A couple guys had told me about this so i figure what the hell. I put it in two different 14's and it did not make any noticeable diff, Maybe after a while but i didn't want to spend the money as customers were bitching about oil services pricing ! I use the 4t mobile at 6.50 a qt, it ain't cheap either but its always held up well. As for the tensioners Lab 3 i am at the mercy of the machinist as my dad has retired and closed his shop. I have found a very good machinist but very busy. Soon as i get them i will send them out shipping on me for the wait for the three guys i promised two weeks ago. Sorry guys i hate having to wait on someone else but i have no choice.......................Bill

Ignore this member   
LAB3

Needs a job
posted August 03, 2009 12:51 PM        
No problem Bill it's worth the wait.
  Ignore this member   
Bently

Needs a life
posted August 03, 2009 05:08 PM        
I must have got the magical amsoil as I'm not the only one the noticed my rattle is gone.
  Ignore this member   
masszx14

Pro
A mind beside itself!
posted August 03, 2009 05:16 PM        
I put this in my zx14 and like it a lot... but Amsoil is certainly going in during the next oil change- now I'm hooked and want to see for myself!

Ignore this member   
LAB3

Needs a job
posted August 03, 2009 05:43 PM        
Stan...Redline is good too. Use it in my Corvette. They make a GL4 and GL5 for
the ZF 6 speed and the rear gears. Hard to buy local had to order but for the tranny and
gears good for a couple of years. Mobil 1 5w30 for the LT4. Only Bently got his CCT
to be quiet so far. Not sure about $10.00 a quart for the 14 if it still rattles on cold start.
Louis

Ignore this member   
Bently

Needs a life
posted August 03, 2009 06:13 PM        
try it forself and find out.
  Ignore this member   
masszx14

Pro
A mind beside itself!
posted August 03, 2009 06:14 PM        
I could hear the rattle on every start- Kawi dyno on the first two changes and then two more changes with Red Line.
BTW Red Line is not cheaper and I always order online- nowhere to be found local.

Again- I'm going Amsoil with the next change. Will take the word of some trustworthy forum members anyday.

Ignore this member   
LAB3

Needs a job
posted August 03, 2009 06:29 PM        
quote:
I could hear the rattle on every start- Kawi dyno on the first two changes and then two more changes with Red Line.
BTW Red Line is not cheaper and I always order online- nowhere to be found local.

Again- I'm going Amsoil with the next change. Will take the word of some trustworthy forum members anyday.

Post what the results are. I just changed my oil and filter 200 miles ago. Mobil1 Racing
4T 10W40 and Kaw filter. I chage oil and filter every 2500 and I have Not lowered and Drag raced it .Yet :-) my 14 only has 6500 miles now.

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 2 pages long: 1  2     Next» ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: My results with Amsoil NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2011 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.73061299324 seconds processing time