HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Valve cover leak, fit it under warranty or leave it alone? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
boxcar

Novice Class
posted July 20, 2009 01:25 PM        
Valve cover leak, fit it under warranty or leave it alone?

Looking for advice, my valve cover has a very slight leak, more of a seep actually, maybe 1/4" of oil residue on front of valve cover in 10000 kms. My warranty is about to run out next week so should I get the leak fixed or leave it alone until I need to open her up for valve adjustment? The reason I'm asking is the so called "mechanics" at my local stealership don't have a damn clue and I half figure the bike will never run again if I let them touch it. Is this a problem that can be ignored as I with the amount of oil leaking it would be years before there would be enough to have a drip or should I get it looked at while under warranty? My appt. is tomorrow morning so help me decide please! Also closest other dealer is 400 miles from me so driving out there is not really feasible.

Ignore this member   
KawaBonzai

Zone Head
Leader of the Back.
posted July 20, 2009 02:09 PM        
This is about as close to "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." as you are gonna get.

That little oil in that many miles ??? Leave it alone, or fix it with Simply Green.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit KawaBonzai's homepage. 
bigtallguy

Novice Class
posted July 20, 2009 02:47 PM        
Mine had the same seepage just around the left hand corner, which was fairly common from what I read. I decided to leave it alone till the valve check, then I put washers under the valve cover bolts and re-used the gasket. Looks good since I did that on friday, time will tell...
  Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Valve cover leak, fit it under warranty or leave it alone? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2011 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.429610967636 seconds processing time