HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: 1/4 mile crash NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
Shane661

Needs a life
posted July 18, 2009 04:20 PM        Edited By: Shane661 on 19 Jul 2009 00:10
quote:
RideHarder
I sent you an email using the new email that you gave me and it kicked it back to me. Dont worry about the clutch lever though. I just put all the new parts on my bike on Thursday only thing left is the zx14 sticker and the ninja sticker. The new fairings come naked. Yes you did hear correct that I did not have an engine kill. (waste of money) The bike kills when it falls due to the tip sensor. Thanks for your generous offer though.

Beondwacko.......I will let you know if I head that way.

From my perspective, the kill is not a waste of money. If you fall off the bike, the bike will often keep going...at a high rate of speed. For example, if you come off the bike due to a tank slapper, it may keep going upright at 150 mph until the engine finally slows the bike down enough to fall over. If there is any mechanical issue holding the throttle, it may very well keep going at 150 mph until it hits someone or some thing. Or if the bike is in flames and you come off, the fuel pump could continue to run if you do not have a kill tether (flaming 150 mph missle). Think about it.

A lot of people underestimate the importance of a tether, imo. It is for the safety of you and others at the track. Damage to the bike is really a secondary concern.

Shane

Ignore this member   
14nooby

Zone Head
posted July 18, 2009 05:42 PM        
Well, waste of money was the wrong term. I am going to get one though.
  Ignore this member   
Rideharder

Zone Head
posted July 18, 2009 06:08 PM        Edited By: Rideharder on 19 Jul 2009 01:13
quote:
RideHarder
I sent you an email using the new email that you gave me and it kicked it back to me. Dont worry about the clutch lever though. I just put all the new parts on my bike on Thursday only thing left is the zx14 sticker and the ninja sticker. The new fairings come naked. Yes you did hear correct that I did not have an engine kill. (waste of money) The bike kills when it falls due to the tip sensor. Thanks for your generous offer though.

Beondwacko.......I will let you know if I head that way.

I was at the track and they told me about your kill switch I wasn't going to bring it up in this thread that's why I e-mailed you..

When I went Wednesday I was running 155.06 mph through the quarter-mile... my reaction time was terrible... I'm not even going to bring up my time.. But if it make you feel better all tell you..lol..My gearing was at 16/41

Well anyways I will e-mail you a link to purchase stickers that are very good quality and very affordable that way there you will have my e-mail in case you need something don't hesitate to e-mail me... I will find the link can also post it in this thread...

Ignore this member    Click here to visit Rideharder's homepage. 
14nooby

Zone Head
posted July 18, 2009 06:15 PM        
Nice mph....Your bike is making the HP, you must weigh 150 or so? Thats about what mine MPH with MR9 and my skinny ass.
  Ignore this member   
Rideharder

Zone Head
posted July 18, 2009 06:19 PM        Edited By: Rideharder on 19 Jul 2009 01:54
quote:
Nice mph....Your bike is making the HP, you must weigh 150 or so? Thats about what mine MPH with MR9 and my skinny ass.

My weight is approximately 225 pounds

I just e-mailed you again... here is the guy that I would recommend anybody to purchase their stickers off of.
http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Speed-Shop-Decals__W0QQ_armrsZ1

Let's Write it in Kanji!
The Kanji Symbols for Ninja

Ninja were people provided with special techniques in the art of war, and flourished in the Sengoku era (1467-1568). They are also known as shadow warriors. The Ninja were very spiritual people, and their beliefs became an essential part of Ninjutsu (the art of stealth).

Ninja could sneak into enemy territories and spy on the enemy's war tactics. They sometimes assassinated enemy leaders. Some of the Ninja techniques are walking on and submerging into water, scaling walls, walking without sound and disappearing suddenly without any trace.

Rideharder

Zone Head
posted July 18, 2009 06:31 PM        
I haven't weighed myself with all my leathers on but I know that shit is heavy..
Beondwacko

Expert Class
posted July 19, 2009 03:37 AM        
155 mph !!!! Wow , that's hauling bigtime, especially at 225 +/- lbs.

Ignore this member   
Rideharder

Zone Head
posted July 19, 2009 04:10 PM        
I'm no smokinZX14 but the motorcycle is deftly pushing some power... I would like to take it to the track and have smokinZX14 run it down the track a couple times if he would ever take me up on it.. I'll try to get up with him to see what he says..

Shane661

Needs a life
posted July 19, 2009 04:14 PM        
quote:
I'm no smokinZX14 but the motorcycle is deftly pushing some power... I would like to take it to the track and have smokinZX14 run it down the track a couple times if he would ever take me up on it.. I'll try to get up with him to see what he says..

How much are you spraying?

Ignore this member   
pazx14rider

Zone Head
posted July 19, 2009 04:34 PM        
quote:
quote:

+2

Ignore this member   
Bently

Needs a life
2012 14r In Blue and no Mods!
posted July 20, 2009 11:12 AM        
quote:
quote:
Shane,
I have the forks slid up 1" and then I strap it the rest of the way. I made no adjustments to the preload on the stock forks.

Stock profile front tire?

The reason I ask, is just to get an idea of what is really pushing it. My forks are slid up .5" with a .25" shorter tire. I back the preload off, then strap it, and then spin the preload down to tighten it up as much as possible.

I believe that when Bently broke his, he was slid up 3/4" with a stock drain bolt setup. Sorry if I'm mistaken, but that is what I recall.

Definitely something to watch out for. I think the short plug mod is worlds better than stock, especially for the street. But once you slide the forks up, you really change the equation.

Shane

Shane your right I was up 3/4 of an inch and strapped and wish everyone the drag races would get the shorter pan as someone is going to get hurt. The shorter bolt in my case would not have save my pan. clems is 125 exchange and for that price it's wort every penny.

Ignore this member   
BigBadZX14

Parking Attendant
posted July 20, 2009 02:51 PM        
Glad to hear that you are ok. The bike you can replace if needed. Last week I had a head on crash with another car in my lane, and lost my bike and almost my life. Keep the shiney side up. Shake it off, and continue to race.

Ignore this member   
Rideharder

Zone Head
posted July 21, 2009 12:27 PM        
quote:
quote:

I have a 40 shot..

All times are America/Va [ This thread is 2 pages long: 1  2   ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: 1/4 mile crash NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2011 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.629301071167 seconds processing time