HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Motty AFR Tuner NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
cycle junkie

Novice Class
posted July 03, 2009 11:49 AM        
Motty AFR Tuner

I installed the Motty AFR this week. So far, so good. You can now get it with a plug-n-play harness. It took me longer to uninstall the dynojet stuff than to install the motty. By the way, my dynojet stuff as well as my 2Bros. Carbon slip-ons are up for sale here - http://www.bikeland.org/board/viewthread.php?FID=3&TID=48295&set_time=. The only negative so far was some of the wiring could have been loomed better. And I had to remove the toolbox.

Motty's customer service is top notch. I sent numerous emails and was usually responded to within hours, sometimes minutes.

Bike has never run smoother. Injector Map contains 812 cells compared to DJ's 450. RPM's are every 200. And throttle position's are 0, 2, 4, 6, 8, 12, 16, 20, 28, 36, 52, 68, 84 & 100%. The software is very customizable. You can tell it when to map according to set parameters. You can also switch between 2 injector maps and 2 target afr maps.

I really like the data logging capabilities. RPM, AFR, Target AFR, Gear, Throttle Pos., Coolant Temp, Speed and an external o-5v input. Contains 4M of memory, enough for about 3 hrs.

More to follow as I play with it.

http://afrtuner-usa.com/index.html
http://www.mottyelectronics.com

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."
-Benjamin Franklin

Ignore this member    Click here to visit cycle junkie's homepage. 
WARBIRD

Needs a job
posted July 03, 2009 11:58 AM        
Very cool...........keep us updated..............

Ignore this member   
JDC

Zone Head
posted July 03, 2009 12:11 PM        
Cycle Junkie,

Very nice. With the AFR on unit, you set it up in software to the A/F you wish, ride around, comeback and 'check' the readings and apply them or not, or is it real time auto adjustment.

I really like the idea of having the extra cells and TP's. Smooooooth.

Ignore this member   
Shane661

Needs a life
posted July 03, 2009 12:15 PM        
This looks like a sweet product...
  Ignore this member   
cycle junkie

Novice Class
posted July 03, 2009 12:48 PM        
Real time.

"The AFR Tuner is operating with a 1ms cycle period. It carries out all tasks within this 1 millisecond using only a fraction of the computation power of its CPU. This means it measures all input signals, controls the wide band sensor, interpolates all the maps and reacts to changes in engine operation conditions within 1 ms. But for the self mapping it is averaging several measurement results before it makes an injector map modification."

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."
-Benjamin Franklin

JDC

Zone Head
posted July 03, 2009 01:42 PM        
So if you set it in your software, to say 13.1:1, you no longer have to set it again, the gadget will automatically control the A/F from there into the future, at 13.1:1?

of like the Bazzaz, you ride around after setting the A/F, and then choose whether to 'make those changes' or not?

Ignore this member   
bruno nadeau

Expert Class
posted July 03, 2009 02:58 PM        
quote:
So if you set it in your software, to say 13.1:1, you no longer have to set it again, the gadget will automatically control the A/F from there into the future, at 13.1:1?

of like the Bazzaz, you ride around after setting the A/F, and then choose whether to 'make those changes' or not?[/quote

it work like that.to keep the new afr map in memory you have to stop the engine by the kill switch instead of the switch and wait about 3 4 second before turning the main switch off and the map keep building each time you ride rhe bike.

Ignore this member   
bruno nadeau

Expert Class
posted July 03, 2009 03:13 PM        
what years is your bike.i use to have a motty afr tuner in my 06 it worked very well (use it for about 8000 KM).1 month ago i trade my 06(it was instaled by splicing and cutting wires still easy) for a 09 and keep my motty and order a plug and play .the plug and play did not work on my 09.the wires at the ECU are not exactly the same as my 06.i will get my 09 shop manual tonight i will see if my plug and play is defective or if the wires i need for the motty are not the same.

Ignore this member   
JDC

Zone Head
posted July 03, 2009 03:51 PM        Edited By: JDC on 3 Jul 2009 22:52
So if you set it in your software, to say 13.1:1, you no longer have to set it again, the gadget will automatically control the A/F from there into the future, at 13.1:1, about regardless of weather, any mod changes, pipes, etc?

as in fully auto AF?

Ignore this member   
dubious

Needs a life
Needs more time to ride!
posted July 03, 2009 04:51 PM        
If I was riding a naturaly aspirated bike, i'd own one.

Ignore this member   
JDC

Zone Head
posted July 03, 2009 05:09 PM        
Lyle,

I've been pretty happy with the Bazzaz since the turbo. In fact I like it more post turbo install, since the A/F seems less critical for spot on.

Pre-turbo the Bazzaz had to be dialed in like the PC III and be about spot on for good results, and that was dis-satisfying to me since I had hoped it was more precise.

I wonder about the A/F-pickup-read lag time on the Motty unit....

Cycle Junkie?

Ignore this member   
bruno nadeau

Expert Class
posted July 03, 2009 05:46 PM        
quote:
So if you set it in your software, to say 13.1:1, you no longer have to set it again, the gadget will automatically control the A/F from there into the future, at 13.1:1, about regardless of weather, any mod changes, pipes, etc?

as in fully auto AF?

yes it is like that.

Ignore this member   
dubious

Needs a life
Needs more time to ride!
posted July 03, 2009 06:10 PM        
is the processor capable of keeping up with a turbo?
What speed is the processor, and what is the sample rate for O2?

Ignore this member   
bruno nadeau

Expert Class
posted July 03, 2009 06:37 PM        
quote:

to mutch for me.e mail tamas at motty@afrtuner.com you will get fast answer.

Ignore this member   
cycle junkie

Novice Class
posted July 03, 2009 09:11 PM        

bruno nadeau,
I have an '07.

quote:

dubious,

Don't know what the processor speed is.
This was a direct quote from Tamas at Motty. Repeat of my post above.

"The AFR Tuner is operating with a 1ms cycle period. It carries out all tasks within this 1 milliseconds using only a fraction of the computation power of its CPU. This means it measures all input signal, controls the wideband sensor, interpolates all the maps and reacts to changes in engine operation conditions within 1 ms. But for the self mapping it is averaging several measurement results before it makes an injector map modification."

So, if this is true, the O2 sample rate would be every 1ms or 0.001 seconds.
That's 1000 times per second.
At 12K rpm's the engine is only does 100 cycles per second.
I don't see why it would need to be faster.
Of course this is all speculation, I have yet to prove this device for myself. But so far, seems a cut above anything else available at a reasonable price.

-Benjamin Franklin

dubious

Needs a life
Needs more time to ride!
posted July 03, 2009 09:51 PM        
hmmm, very intruiging...
I will have to ask about turbo and nitrous applications :P

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Motty AFR Tuner NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2011 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.835983037949 seconds processing time