HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Worst Drag Strip NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
Wheelie

Needs a life
Old Man
posted June 17, 2009 04:34 PM        
Worst Drag Strip

http://www.beyond.ca/worlds-crappiest-drag-strip/1836.html

wee

Ignore this member   
1badzx12r

Needs a life
posted June 17, 2009 04:39 PM        
just cause somebody can't drive ..don't give the track a bad rep.

Ignore this member   
14nooby

Zone Head
posted June 17, 2009 04:39 PM        
You have got to be kidding me. I would have packed up my shit and went home. But hey I bet they only run 700ft to compensate for the shitty track. That was a sick Mustang too.
  Ignore this member   
Shane661

Needs a life
posted June 17, 2009 04:42 PM        
That is pretty messed up. We have a couple of local 1/8 tracks with short, downhill, shut down areas. One of them has a bend and if you don't slow down you might crash into the line of cars coming in!

I pretty much avoid them. Last year Racheal had a spill on her Gixxer, and they kept sending bikes down the track. They couldn't see down the hill, I guess.

Ignore this member   
eklipse636

Needs a life
ZX-14
posted June 17, 2009 04:46 PM        
After my crash, I avoid shithole tracks. Its not worth it to me. Cost me a lot of money last time the track didn't hardly have ANY lights

Ignore this member   
1badzx12r

Needs a life
posted June 17, 2009 05:01 PM        Edited By: 1badzx12r on 18 Jun 2009 00:02
quote:
After my crash, I avoid shithole tracks. Its not worth it to me. Cost me a lot of money last time the track didn't hardly have ANY lights

i don't want to get into this with you .. but i race cars with my bike ..and i learnt a long time ago about exitting across track to the return road ..

Ignore this member   
dattaway2

Novice Class
Ninja's rule
posted June 17, 2009 06:17 PM        
Good find. That's worse than the streets in Kansas City that we try to get to work and back. I didn't know there was worse!
  Ignore this member     
zixxer14

Pro
Damn that was Quick
posted June 17, 2009 09:36 PM        
shoulda gone straight, it would of hurt less!
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit zixxer14's homepage. 
ZXLNT

Needs a job
Kawpuke Extraordinare
posted June 18, 2009 05:28 AM        
Little late on the chute...
  Ignore this member   
zxbob

posted June 18, 2009 07:47 AM        
Worst shut down ever .... Terminal Island, Long Beach ! (long ago)

Bob

Ignore this member   
iflyems

Expert Class
posted June 18, 2009 08:25 AM        Edited By: iflyems on 18 Jun 2009 15:26
Bob, was that the one that ended in the ocean??
How about Eunice, La. The shut down area turns from two lanes to one just after the finish line. The pot holes are huge, and of course you have the grass growing all over the end of the track along with the gravel. Luckily, they shoo the cows off the track most of the time, before you make your run. On the return road, the trees and shrubs are so thick, you have to duck to keep from getting whacked.

http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h300/iflyphi/?action=view&current=drags.flv

Ignore this member   
14nooby

Zone Head
posted June 18, 2009 04:28 PM        
DUDE! Are you serious? That is a death trap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  Ignore this member   
iflyems

Expert Class
posted June 18, 2009 04:37 PM        
quote:
DUDE! Are you serious? That is a death trap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Which one?
Bob, you ever race up at Oroville Dragstrip before they closed it?? Was at the airport on some old runway, and the shutoff area was a gravel road. I kid you not. Immediately after the speed trap, it turned to gravel....I only made one run down that on my 86 Ninja 1000, and went home. Scared the crap out of me.

Ignore this member   
14nooby

Zone Head
posted June 18, 2009 04:42 PM        
Who ever was video taping that pass via onboard camera. You are crazy.
  Ignore this member   
kaw-rick

Pro
posted June 18, 2009 04:43 PM        
I went to a old outlaw track a while back. Had potholes and grass growing up . I almost tore my oil pan off. I didnt even know it happened till i saw the asphalt stuck to my pan. Ill never go back.
  Ignore this member   
bigdtd

Needs a job
Interceptors
posted June 18, 2009 07:17 PM        
if you walked any of them by the light of day it might surprise you. sunshine is in poor shape by the light of day.
2006 Black ZX-14,6 inches over,16/42, flies out,BMC Street Filter,Brock's Street Meg,Brock's Radial Mount Strap,PClll with Race map,Dynojet LCD w/Techmount, ZX-14 fender eliminator,Pilot Power2CTs,Speedohealer,Pazzo Levers,Cox Radiator Guard, Garmin Nuvi 265WT

Ignore this member   
kawasakijockey

Pro
posted June 18, 2009 07:17 PM        
quote:
How about Eunice, La. The shut down area turns from two lanes to one just after the finish line. The pot holes are huge, and of course you have the grass growing all over the end of the track along with the gravel. Luckily, they shoo the cows off the track most of the time, before you make your run. On the return road, the trees and shrubs are so thick, you have to duck to keep from getting whacked.

http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h300/iflyphi/?action=view¤t=drags.flv
Eunice is shut down now. Has been for a little while.
9.03 @ 149mph
8.95 @153 small shot n2o
8.68 @160mph 5lbs boost

Ignore this member   
tnt

Expert Class
posted June 18, 2009 07:46 PM        
Hey Wheelie remember the cracks at the starting line ,and the hump about the 60 at PDS here at Paris? The last time I ran out there 2 deer walked in front of me right past the finish line! Luckily I was on the 109 ,and it only trapped at 92mph so I had plenty of time to dodge them! HellI remember when that track was 1/4 mile ! Them poor Busas woulda never got shut down before hitting the drop off at the end ,then the trees! The world is flat ,and you can drop off the end you know!

Ignore this member   
Wheelie

Needs a life
Old Man
posted June 18, 2009 09:44 PM        
quote:
Hey Wheelie remember the cracks at the starting line ,and the hump about the 60 at PDS here at Paris? The last time I ran out there 2 deer walked in front of me right past the finish line! Luckily I was on the 109 ,and it only trapped at 92mph so I had plenty of time to dodge them! HellI remember when that track was 1/4 mile ! Them poor Busas woulda never got shut down before hitting the drop off at the end ,then the trees! The world is flat ,and you can drop off the end you know!

last time I was at Paris it was about like Yello Belly, lol

wee

Ignore this member   
smokinZX14

Needs a life
posted June 18, 2009 10:24 PM        
Back when i raced at Seven Points it was pretty bad , kind of a short shut down too ....Ask me how i know ...lol... I cleared a hole in the bob wire fence and allmost took out a few cows in my 69 big block Nova... Not my best day ...

Ignore this member   
iflyems

Expert Class
posted June 19, 2009 08:02 AM        
quote:
quote:

http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h300/iflyphi/?action=view¤t=drags.flv
Eunice is shut down now. Has been for a little while.

Yea, I know. The last two times I raced there during grudge races, I won. Each time it was like $35 or $40 in winnings, and I had to practically chase the former owner(who was a school bus driver by trade) around the stands to get my money.

Don't ever turn on the lights when you used the restroom. That crunching sound was the millions of Cockroaches scurrying about in there.

It was a nice enough place because it was close to Lafayette, where I used to live. But, State Capitol was much better, and only about another 30 minute drive.

What I really like about Eunice was I could get a bunch of runs, and really practice launching the bike. It was stock back then, so usually traction wasn't too much of a problem.

Oh, and I got a flat on the return road once. A drill bit in the tire!!!! Some nice guys in the pits helped me with a plug, since I had to ride the thing home.

Ignore this member   
iflyems

Expert Class
posted June 19, 2009 08:03 AM        
quote:
Who ever was video taping that pass via onboard camera. You are crazy.

That was me. The camera was mounted to the gas tank. I had to stay up a little higher in the wind than I liked too because the camera was in the way. You can see that the camera tilts back a bit on the run. That's me trying to lay down on top of it because of the wind blast.

Ignore this member   
Bawls

Needs a job
re-learning to ride
posted June 19, 2009 08:37 AM        
Qualcomm raceway in san diego California is pretty shitty too. They claim to be a reputable track, but i got banned for trapping over 115 mph. it's an 1/8th mile track with 1/8th mile shutdown in the qualcomm stadium parking lot. if you go 1/7.9th of a mile past the finish line you'll hit a fucking concrete barier that is there to stop you from hitting the traffic that's coming in the gate. It's a great place to go watch all of the fart can sporting imports race each other while the commentator smack talks the entire time. Every once in a while i'll go hang out and ride a couple of other peoples bikes and it's just as scary on a 600 or a 1000 as it is on a busa or a 14. The funny thing is that people will pay the same price to run there as they would to go to our really nice track Barona. They just refuse to race where all the fast cars go.

racelegal.com

Brockland Police Badge # 001

Ignore this member    Click here to visit Bawls's homepage. 
GHOSTMAN

Expert Class
posted June 19, 2009 08:49 AM        
I'm still trying to figure out why he even ran on a track in that condition in the first place.

Ignore this member   
iflyems

Expert Class
posted June 19, 2009 09:17 AM        
If that's all you got, you have no choice. There are some places in other countries, and here, where there is only one track for 100's of miles, and you have no choice.
  Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 2 pages long: 1  2     Next» ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Worst Drag Strip NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2011 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.736792087555 seconds processing time