HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: speed cell battery saved 10lb 5oz NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
northernkaw

Expert Class
posted June 01, 2009 06:00 PM        
speed cell battery saved 10lb 5oz

I installed a speed cell battery in my zx14. the speed cell superbike(2 row) weighed 1 lb 7oz.when I installed the battery you dont need the factory cables or the battery box.the parts I pulled out weighed 11lb 12oz loosing 10lb 5oz. the bike starts up the same and I have started it about 10 times without running it to charge. thats a lot to loose and not give anything up.

Ignore this member   
starchild

Expert Class
posted June 01, 2009 06:09 PM        
more details please-- need info never heard of this before very interested in this.set up.

Ignore this member   
northernkaw

Expert Class
posted June 01, 2009 06:51 PM        
they are a lithium ferras battery that is very light with lots of power. LYLE DUBIOUS is where I got them. they make 3 sizes ,the 3 row is what yamaha runs in there road race bike without a charging system. they fit in a zx14 perfect . get a hold of LYLE he will help you out.
  Ignore this member   
Flyboy

Pro
posted June 01, 2009 07:00 PM        
Lyle--

Enrich us please about this battery--

One fast red ZX-14,
Three World and four National Land Speed Records,
One faster red and white Cessna Turbo 210

Ignore this member    Click here to visit Flyboy's homepage. 
LandspeedLarry

Expert Class
posted June 01, 2009 07:34 PM        
http://www.motowheels.com/italian/myProducts.cfm?parentcategoryid=915%7CBatteries%20and%20Battery%20Accessories&productID=6814&showDetail=1&categoryID=915%7CBatteries%20and%20Battery%20Accessories&vendoridtodisplay=0&filterFor=&collection

Ignore this member   
MadMike

FEAR THE BLACK FLAG!!!!!!!!
posted June 01, 2009 08:37 PM        
if anyone has an old one of these I would be very interested is seeing how it is put together internally...
thanks
Mad Mike

Ignore this member    Click here to visit MadMike's homepage. 
Shane661

Needs a life
posted June 02, 2009 01:07 AM        Edited By: Shane661 on 2 Jun 2009 09:08
quote:
Lyle--

Enrich us please about this battery--

From My Build Thread:

quote:
I picked up one of these for testing:

A Speedcell SBK battery. I already have the Odyssey 310, which is 5 lbs lighter than stock. So, let's see how light the Speedcell is:

1 lb. 7 oz...very light. Over 4.5 lbs lighter than even the Odyssey.

I got the model with quick disconnects and hooked the leads to my existing stock leads for a quick test.

Test start:

Seems to start fine. My bike doesn't currently have any lighting, so that may be a factor. I'm also interested in testing to see how this battery holds up to a hot day at the track. I read somewher that these batteries might not like heat. I may relocate it to a cooler area of the bike. At this point I consider it a race-only part, until I can test it out further. Hopefully it works well, because it was not cheap.

I decided to give the battery a try because I may have to add some weight back to the front end to really get the 60 ft's down. With the BST, single rotor, lighter fender, and no headlight I have lost 20 lbs. off of the front end. The easiest way will be to add the headlights back, which are a whopping 7.5 lbs. Perhaps I can find enough over stuff to relocate to make up the difference...we'll see. If not, I will make the most of it and put some street miles on it with full lighting. I am formulating some creative lighting and ballast ideas...

Shane

Ignore this member   
dubious

Needs a life
Needs more time to ride!
posted June 02, 2009 08:11 PM        Edited By: dubious on 3 Jun 2009 04:14
This about sums it up:

SpeedCell SBK Battery
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Designed for: Engines 748 cc twins to 1400cc with stock stators as well as Triumph 675. The SBK battery is also recomended for modified engines under 750cc as well. Hard starting bikes with hi compression pistons will need the higher amp rating SBK battery. Bikes with minimal or non-existant (total Loss) charging system will need the higher amp hour rating as well.

The new incredible superlight Speedcell battery that produces 1.8 amps per gram of weight.

The SBK battery is a 240 Amp Battery, weighs 1.7 lbs.

It's durable: 1% total capacity loss with stop loss at 2% so it never drains down to zero.

No maintenance: The battery does not need to be on a trickle charger. If it ever needs re-charging, just use any 5amp or higher charger.

Safe: These packs are made using A123 cells. The constructions process is proprietary & these packs do not require balancing. The packs are built for motorcycle applications w/ cylindrical cells due to there robust construction & discharge properties. Each PACK is made to a DoD standard, capable of withstanding 100G load, operating temperatures of -50*C to 49*C (-58*F to 120*F).
It is important to understand that these packs are NOT RC hobby type packs & their internal construction as well as cell grade reflects this. Each cell is individually tested before it makes it to the construction phase. These packs are not Lithium ION construction. Speedcell uses Lithium Ferrous cells that are not volatile or unstable. They will not rupture when puncture nor produce an energy chain.

SUPERBIKE Specs:

- Pulse discharge @ 10 seconds = 240 Amps
- Continuous discharge (MAX) = 140 Amps
- Cycle Life (DoD spec) = 1,000 cycles

- Dimensions = 10.5cm (L) x 5cm (W) / 4.13" (L) x 1.96" (W)
- Weight = 766.57g / 1.69lbs
- Rating = 4.6Ah
- Applications = Engines 748 cc twins to 1400cc with stock stators as well as Triumph 675.

The SpeedCell SS Battery are designed for for 2 and 3-cylinder engines up to 600cc or 750cc 4-cylinder with original compression and stock stators.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am a dealer for Speedcell in Canada.
The 2 row SBK battery most suitable for our bikes or any 750-1500 cc stock compression engine.
They retail for $250 USD

I will be working on a group buy or zx14.com member price in the next few days.
I will notify everyone when I have a post in the backyard garage and special pricing worked out.

I have nothing but positive feedback from my customers, and personal experience.
I have ran them on my KTM 505, Vmax, a zx10, a busa, and sold some to others as well.
Supply has been back ordered recently so that will be a hurdle I hope to have addressed.

Thanks,

Lyle

Ignore this member   
northernkaw

Expert Class
posted June 09, 2009 05:44 PM        
ran the battery on my bike at the drags this weekend and it never missed a beat. it fires up the the plugs are not there.
  Ignore this member   
dubious

Needs a life
Needs more time to ride!
posted June 09, 2009 10:29 PM        
I think Harry meant it spins the motor over with ease, as if the plugs weren't even in it.

Ignore this member   
northernkaw

Expert Class
posted June 20, 2009 08:40 AM        
if you get a speed cell for the 14 I would not bother with the quick disconect. the length of wire with the ends on it fit on the zx14 perfect. the ground fits right to the frame and the postive to the starter relay. take the factory battery wire cut it off and leave the end there for 12 volts to the bike. its straight forward once you see it .
  Ignore this member   
dubious

Needs a life
Needs more time to ride!
posted June 20, 2009 08:46 AM        
Did you get the last 3 I sent you Harry?

Ignore this member   
northernkaw

Expert Class
posted June 22, 2009 02:43 PM        
got the batteries. thanks for the fast shipping.the hard part is telling them to just put it in and start the bike.they all want to charge the battery first.
  Ignore this member   
masszx14

Pro
A mind beside itself!
posted June 22, 2009 05:40 PM        
Lyle will let you guys in on a great deal.
10lbs. of weight savings for that money is just awesome

Ignore this member   
Rideharder

Zone Head
posted June 22, 2009 06:53 PM        Edited By: Rideharder on 23 Jun 2009 03:15
I'm thinking about purchasing one... if you have a PayPal account you can download this and it will help you generate PayPal buttons and should be able to paste them on this board... anybody that would like this program can download it for a limited time for free I have master resell rights...
The software download link is http://www.speedaholic.net/paypal_payment-maker/paypal.html

This link will expire on July the fifth 2009

Once downloaded and extracted you can click on SPPaymentLinker to be able to use the generator..

Any questions just post back..

Also this is what you're PayPal text button will look like...
Click Here to Pay!

PayPal protects your financial information with industry-leading security and fraud prevention systems. When you use PayPal, your financial information is not shared with the merchant. Once your payment is complete, you will be emailed a receipt for this transaction

Ignore this member    Click here to visit Rideharder's homepage. 
Rideharder

Zone Head
posted June 22, 2009 07:42 PM        Edited By: Rideharder on 23 Jun 2009 03:44
quote:
This about sums it up:

SpeedCell SBK Battery
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Designed for: Engines 748 cc twins to 1400cc with stock stators as well as Triumph 675. The SBK battery is also recomended for modified engines under 750cc as well. Hard starting bikes with hi compression pistons will need the higher amp rating SBK battery. Bikes with minimal or non-existant (total Loss) charging system will need the higher amp hour rating as well.

The new incredible superlight Speedcell battery that produces 1.8 amps per gram of weight.

The SBK battery is a 240 Amp Battery, weighs 1.7 lbs.

It's durable: 1% total capacity loss with stop loss at 2% so it never drains down to zero.

No maintenance: The battery does not need to be on a trickle charger. If it ever needs re-charging, just use any 5amp or higher charger.

Safe: These packs are made using A123 cells. The constructions process is proprietary & these packs do not require balancing. The packs are built for motorcycle applications w/ cylindrical cells due to there robust construction & discharge properties. Each PACK is made to a DoD standard, capable of withstanding 100G load, operating temperatures of -50*C to 49*C (-58*F to 120*F).
It is important to understand that these packs are NOT RC hobby type packs & their internal construction as well as cell grade reflects this. Each cell is individually tested before it makes it to the construction phase. These packs are not Lithium ION construction. Speedcell uses Lithium Ferrous cells that are not volatile or unstable. They will not rupture when puncture nor produce an energy chain.

SUPERBIKE Specs:

- Pulse discharge @ 10 seconds = 240 Amps
- Continuous discharge (MAX) = 140 Amps
- Cycle Life (DoD spec) = 1,000 cycles

- Dimensions = 10.5cm (L) x 5cm (W) / 4.13" (L) x 1.96" (W)
- Weight = 766.57g / 1.69lbs
- Rating = 4.6Ah
- Applications = Engines 748 cc twins to 1400cc with stock stators as well as Triumph 675.

The SpeedCell SS Battery are designed for for 2 and 3-cylinder engines up to 600cc or 750cc 4-cylinder with original compression and stock stators.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am a dealer for Speedcell in Canada.
The 2 row SBK battery most suitable for our bikes or any 750-1500 cc stock compression engine.
They retail for $250 USD

I will be working on a group buy or zx14.com member price in the next few days.
I will notify everyone when I have a post in the backyard garage and special pricing worked out.

I have nothing but positive feedback from my customers, and personal experience.
I have ran them on my KTM 505, Vmax, a zx10, a busa, and sold some to others as well.
Supply has been back ordered recently so that will be a hurdle I hope to have addressed.

Thanks,

Lyle

Cut Me A Deal!!

dubious

Needs a life
Needs more time to ride!
posted June 22, 2009 08:06 PM        Edited By: dubious on 23 Jun 2009 04:08
I am computer illiterate, and generally afraid of things I don't understand. or can't dissect.
Therfor aprehensive about using your payment linker.
Whats the advantages, and is there a way someone could gain access to my paypal account with it?

Check out the backyard garage forum for pricing.
Demand is high, I can't keep them instock even though I am preordering i am cleaned out AGAIN...

Should have more in 1-2 weeks.

Ignore this member   
Rideharder

Zone Head
posted June 22, 2009 09:07 PM        Edited By: Rideharder on 23 Jun 2009 05:10
quote:
I am computer illiterate, and generally afraid of things I don't understand. or can't dissect.
Whats the advantages, and is there a way someone could gain access to my paypal account with it?

Demand is high, I can't keep them instock even though I am preordering i am cleaned out AGAIN...

Is there a way someone gain access to my paypal account with it?

Nope... It just makes codes to link to Paypal ..

I got it off of eBay a while back.. I purchased it and got resell rights...

http://cgi.ebay.com/PAYMENT-LI-NKER-SOFTWARE-ON-CD-PAYPAL-AND-GET-PAID_W0QQitemZ140277934477QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item20a937698d&_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

I got this one too Generates Secure PayPal Buttons Right From Your PC
http://cgi.ebay.com/Generates-Secure-PayPal-Buttons-Right-From-Your-PC_W0QQitemZ390060415972QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Software?hash=item5ad1699be4&_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

Rideharder

Zone Head
posted June 22, 2009 09:16 PM        Edited By: Rideharder on 23 Jun 2009 05:19
Attention Bikeland.org Staff : I am an Authorized Reseller of this product and also the copyright holder or I have resale rights to this ebook or item. Full Resell Rights are Granted by the copyright owners to sell these E-books with Resell Rights or Master Resell Rights Granted! This ad complies with all Resell Rights rules and regulations
Rideharder

Zone Head
posted June 22, 2009 09:21 PM        
quote:

I will hit you up in 1-2 weeks..

madnessracing

Pro
Vmax and Busa Beater
posted June 23, 2009 04:28 PM        
What's the best deal we can get on this batteries shipped to cali!!

Ignore this member   
chavcat

Zone Head
posted July 03, 2009 05:14 PM        
Harry - you going to Cayuga tomorrow?
  Ignore this member   
northernkaw

Expert Class
posted July 05, 2009 08:53 AM        
I am going next week for the bike meet. I will bring the stuff minus the rotor. I think I might need it for my bike.
  Ignore this member   
chavcat

Zone Head
posted July 05, 2009 09:09 AM        
Harry - give me a call.
  Ignore this member   
gilberjj

Needs a job
Friend of Fast
posted July 05, 2009 04:08 PM        
Interested in group buy!
  Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 4 pages long: 1  2  3  4     Next» ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: speed cell battery saved 10lb 5oz NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2023 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.24127912521362 seconds processing time