HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Nice write up in Cycle World NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
street racer

Expert Class
posted February 27, 2009 01:55 PM        
Nice write up in Cycle World

Anyone read the write up on Cycle Worlds long term test on their 2006 ZX14 ?? They give it lots of compliments. They were lucky enough to get the faster red color !

Ignore this member   
faz

Parking Attendant
posted February 27, 2009 02:30 PM        
Yes, I just got my copy a couple of days ago and came across their long term evaluation. They start the article by saying something like "dollar for dollar, pound for pound, ... it is the best all around motorcycles they have ever tested, that is as good in quarter mile as it is in taking a trip across U.S."... or something like that.

This is the picture of the cover of the cycle world magazine that you should be looking for if you want to buy it:

Ignore this member   
Bluebyyou

Expert Class
Gettin My Curve On
posted February 27, 2009 04:38 PM        
Yeah I read it, high praises and $0 for repairs in two years. But it did leave me with one nagging question: How much more would they have gloated if they would have tested the ultimate 2007 Candy Blue Plasma ZX-14???? Everyone knows it's faster, dyno's with about 25 more hp, and is much better looking.

Ignore this member   
street racer

Expert Class
posted February 27, 2009 04:52 PM        
quote:
Yeah I read it, high praises and $0 for repairs in two years. But it did leave me with one nagging question: How much more would they have gloated if they would have tested the ultimate 2007 Candy Blue Plasma ZX-14???? Everyone knows it's faster, dyno's with about 25 more hp, and is much better looking.

Check your paint closely ! Its probably painted red underneath the blue top coat ! Thats the only reason it could be faster...ha !!!

Ignore this member   
MasterBlaster

Expert Class
posted February 27, 2009 04:58 PM        
Nah its the 06 Candy Thunder Blue thats the canadate for the MC hall of fame. The 07 Candy Blue Plasma is nice, but pales when side by side with the Thunder. Kaw has been trying, but just cant quite equall the first and mightiest ZX14. Each year it moves further away from perfection.
  Ignore this member   
kawasakijockey

Pro
posted February 27, 2009 05:03 PM        
You guys are delusioned if you think any color is faster than the black. Dont believe me? What color did they paint the engine???? HA!
9.03 @ 149mph
8.95 @153 small shot n2o
8.68 @160mph 5lbs boost

Ignore this member   
LAB3

Needs a job
posted February 27, 2009 05:08 PM        
quote:
You guys are delusioned if you think any color is faster than the black. Dont believe me? What color did they paint the engine???? HA!

+1

Ignore this member   
Rau

Parking Attendant
Love to ride not pose.
posted February 27, 2009 05:09 PM        
Come on now, we all know the matte finish flat spark red/black w/red wheels ZX-14 is the fastest bike on the planet!

Ignore this member   
kawasakijockey

Pro
posted February 27, 2009 05:15 PM        
quote:
Come on now, we all know the matte finish flat spark red/black w/red wheels ZX-14 is the fastest bike on the planet!
Maaaaan, thats a spray can job on that bike.LOL
9.03 @ 149mph
8.95 @153 small shot n2o
8.68 @160mph 5lbs boost

Ignore this member   
pazx14rider

Zone Head
posted February 27, 2009 05:15 PM        
Alright ill give you guys the fastest color, but all the hot chicks like the blue the best!!
  Ignore this member   
smokinZX14

Needs a life
posted February 27, 2009 06:44 PM        
06 red is is the fastest followed closely by my 09 green ... Want to race ?

Ignore this member   
smokinZX14

Needs a life
posted February 27, 2009 06:46 PM        
"dollar for dollar, pound for pound, ... it is the best all around motorcycles they have ever tested, that is as good in quarter mile as it is in taking a trip across U.S."...

Stuff that up your Busa tail pipe ...lol...

Ignore this member   
zixxer14

Pro
Damn that was Quick
posted February 27, 2009 07:33 PM        
Made me all tingly inside, but as you all know '06 black is really fastest !
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit zixxer14's homepage. 
street racer

Expert Class
posted February 27, 2009 07:52 PM        
quote:

I rest my case !! And women love that red color !! I did have one and only girl tell me that she thought blue was the best looking color. (she was a dyke)

Ignore this member   
pazx14rider

Zone Head
posted February 27, 2009 09:12 PM        
quote:
quote:

I rest my case !! And women love that red color !! I did have one and only girl tell me that she thought blue was the best looking color. (she was a dyke)

In all honesty, with these bikes it comes down to rider and the mods, So in Lees defense hes got a fast bike, good mods, and he can ride the hell out of it, but for others claiming they have the fastest bike, with a post signature, explaining what type of oil, antifreeze, custom exhaust? WTF is that, Air Foils? again WTF? you mean grills? ohh and stickers removed? Now thats fast!!?? And your right you have your opinion, but if its going to be negative or derogatory keep it to yourself! So if your so stuck on the color red and just want to bash other guys choice in color on bikes maybe you should go sit beside the CEO of Honda, hold his hand, and let the good times roll, and dont forget your gallon of water wetter!

Ignore this member   
street racer

Expert Class
posted February 28, 2009 06:02 AM        
quote:
quote:
quote:

In all honesty, with these bikes it comes down to rider and the mods, So in Lees defense hes got a fast bike, good mods, and he can ride the hell out of it, but for others claiming they have the fastest bike, with a post signature, explaining what type of oil, antifreeze, custom exhaust? WTF is that, Air Foils? again WTF? you mean grills? ohh and stickers removed? Now thats fast!!?? And your right you have your opinion, but if its going to be negative or derogatory keep it to yourself! So if your so stuck on the color red and just want to bash other guys choice in color on bikes maybe you should go sit beside the CEO of Honda, hold his hand, and let the good times roll, and dont forget your gallon of water wetter!

One thing for sure, the red riders have a sense of humor. Yours seems to be missing !

Ignore this member   
Rook

Pro
posted February 28, 2009 07:15 AM        
Somebody told me Midnight Saphire Blue was all the colors mixed together :-)

Rook

Ignore this member   
faz

Parking Attendant
posted February 28, 2009 07:55 AM        
ok, so here is the exact wording:

"Dollar for dollar, pound for pound, pony for pony, the Kawasaki ZX-14 is one of motorcycling's finest all-around streetbikes, with comfort, power and speed in spades. That is the consensus CW editors reached after living with the passion red 2006 model for the past two years."...

... "But as the back to back award-giving indicates, the ZX-14 is hiding more behind its full-coverage fairing and monocoque aluminum frame than just exhilarating get-up-and-go and eye-opening maximum velocity.... smooth engine, moderate ergonomics and sport touring capabilities... "

Ignore this member   
smokinZX14

Needs a life
posted February 28, 2009 08:05 AM        
quote:

"Dollar for dollar, pound for pound, pony for pony, the Kawasaki ZX-14 is one of motorcycling's finest all-around streetbikes, with comfort, power and speed in spades. That is the consensus CW editors reached after living with the passion red 2006 model for the past two years."...

... "But as the back to back award-giving indicates, the ZX-14 is hiding more behind its full-coverage fairing and monocoque aluminum frame than just exhilarating get-up-and-go and eye-opening maximum velocity.... smooth engine, moderate ergonomics and sport touring capabilities... "
Seems they reported what we zx14 owners have known since 2006...

Ignore this member   
Bawls

Needs a job
re-learning to ride
posted February 28, 2009 08:52 AM        
actually guys, my white zx14 a mix of all the colors, and though it may not be the fastest i'll put it up against anything mod for mod because I know that i can ride the piss out of it.

that being said.... pazx needs to stop being a little bitch lol. that's right... i said it lol.

Brockland Police Badge # 001

Ignore this member    Click here to visit Bawls's homepage. 
street racer

Expert Class
posted February 28, 2009 09:36 AM        
quote:
actually guys, my white zx14 a mix of all the colors, and though it may not be the fastest i'll put it up against anything mod for mod because I know that i can ride the piss out of it.

that being said.... pazx needs to stop being a little bitch lol. that's right... i said it lol.

You heading to the drags this weekend?

Ignore this member   
street racer

Expert Class
posted February 28, 2009 09:37 AM        
quote:

You heading to the drags this weekend? Too cold here...only going to be in the forties tomorrow. Thursday it was 73 and I got a nice ride in on my super slow 2006 RED bike. Warm weather is just around the corner though. May have to change back to the stock windscreen soon !

Ignore this member   
bigdtd

Needs a job
Interceptors
posted February 28, 2009 10:50 AM        
oh yeah!

quote:
quote:

Seems they reported what we zx14 owners have known since 2006...

+1 loving my black beautiful 06!
2006 Black ZX-14,6 inches over,16/42, flies out,BMC Street Filter,Brock's Street Meg,Brock's Radial Mount Strap,PClll with Race map,Dynojet LCD w/Techmount, ZX-14 fender eliminator,Pilot Power2CTs,Speedohealer,Pazzo Levers,Cox Radiator Guard, Garmin Nuvi 265WT

Ignore this member   
dbeadling

Zone Head
posted February 28, 2009 11:05 AM        
ive said saying it since day one...06 its a keeper

Ignore this member   
Bawls

Needs a job
re-learning to ride
posted February 28, 2009 11:56 AM        
quote:
quote:

You heading to the drags this weekend? Too cold here...only going to be in the forties tomorrow. Thursday it was 73 and I got a nice ride in on my super slow 2006 RED bike. Warm weather is just around the corner though. May have to change back to the stock windscreen soon !

Nah, not going back out until my leathers get here. I went last sunday, but didn't have much luck. Too many oildowns and. A 6500ft da were against me. I only had 2 runs that I didn't spin on and both of them I wheelied the entire track. I'd say that 6.43@116 on a horrible 1.66 60ft and carrying the front tire through 2nd isn't too bad. I pretty much matched my best run ever with the worst conditions and riding. I also trapped higher than I did with the horrible air than I have ever trapped there as well. With a little seat time I'll get my 60fts back down into the mid 1.5's. And hopefully go 6.20 or so which should put me in the high 5's when I take my bike back to texas and run in good air.

If it makes you northern guys feel any better, it's 83 and sunny in san diego right now and I left work early yesterday to go on a 150 mile ride through the canyons.

Brockland Police Badge # 001

Ignore this member    Click here to visit Bawls's homepage. 
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 2 pages long: 1  2     Next» ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Nice write up in Cycle World NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2023 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.21602082252502 seconds processing time