HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Dynojet Wideband 2 Disappointment NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
Shane661

Needs a life
posted February 11, 2009 09:34 AM        
Dynojet Wideband 2 Disappointment

I just called Dynojet and they said that the Wideband 2 cannot talk with the PC-V. I would have to get the Autotune accessory...which has no logging capability at this time.

Why don't they make their Logger capable of talking directly to the Power Commander? That would make for a nice plug and play operation. Maybe the next version...

Shane

Ignore this member   
06redzx14

Pro
posted February 11, 2009 10:00 AM        Edited By: 06redzx14 on 11 Feb 2009 17:00
shane does the PCV have any outputs like the hub? what had to be done to make it work with your bike?

Ignore this member   
Shane661

Needs a life
posted February 11, 2009 10:02 AM        Edited By: Shane661 on 11 Feb 2009 17:03
I am not using the PC-V....but I wanted to research it to see if there was something compelling about it. If it had interfaced with the Wideband 2 directly, that would have made it more appealing.

If I am going to have to cut wires, I'm going to use the best logger I can afford.

I am going to stick with my PCIII setup and Innovate DL-32.

Shane

Ignore this member   
dubious

Needs a life
Needs more time to ride!
posted February 11, 2009 10:11 AM        
Good call bro !
the guys I have spoken with who use microtech and other stand alone systems still swear by the Innovate products.
The sample rates and versatility of Innovate products proportedly make them superior.

Ignore this member   
1badzx12r

Needs a life
posted February 11, 2009 10:40 AM        
quote:
Good call bro !
The sample rates and versatility of Innovate products proportedly make them superior.

oh yeah ...then why does my LC1 show an a/f of 12.0 at idle and on a dyno sniffer its 13.5..

and of course its been calibrated
and i talk to innovate support ..
and still have no answer ... i was told by innovate that their product can not read wrong .. but

Ignore this member   
Shane661

Needs a life
posted February 11, 2009 10:44 AM        
quote:

oh yeah ...then why does my LC1 show an a/f of 12.0 at idle and on a dyno sniffer its 13.5..

and still have no answer ... i was told by innovate that their product can not read wrong .. but

Interesting. Any photos of how the dyno sniffer is situated?

Shane

Ignore this member   
1badzx12r

Needs a life
posted February 11, 2009 10:53 AM        
quote:
quote:

Shane

no sir ...but once we used the same bung port and the other times it was the copper tube rammed up the exhaust pipe ...same results .. but if i tune the idle to read 13.5 on the LC1 the bike idles like shit ...just street riding LC1 gauge jumps around from 9.5 to 13.5 ..and on WOT it hangs around 11.2 ... spark plugs tell a differant story ...i think i got a bad LC1 but innovate support said NO WAY

Ignore this member   
bruno nadeau

Expert Class
posted February 11, 2009 11:37 AM        Edited By: bruno nadeau on 11 Feb 2009 18:40
i think that your lc1 is bad. i got 2 lm2 and 1 lm1 and a motty afr tuner testing the 4 unit on my zx14 the worst ofset betwen the 4 unit was .06.PS i dont know why about everyone is not interesting in the motty afr tuner this thing work so well.removed my pc3 last summer and instal afr tuner i can see the+ in logwork with a ssi4 and a lm2. it is a pc3+wideband and a lot more.

Ignore this member   
dubious

Needs a life
Needs more time to ride!
posted February 11, 2009 12:47 PM        Edited By: dubious on 11 Feb 2009 20:14
error.

Ignore this member   
dubious

Needs a life
Needs more time to ride!
posted February 11, 2009 12:48 PM        
quote:
quote:
quote:

Shane

no sir ...but once we used the same bung port and the other times it was the copper tube rammed up the exhaust pipe ...same results .. but if i tune the idle to read 13.5 on the LC1 the bike idles like shit ...just street riding LC1 gauge jumps around from 9.5 to 13.5 ..and on WOT it hangs around 11.2 ... spark plugs tell a differant story ...i think i got a bad LC1 but innovate support said NO WAY

Probably the sensor bro...

Ignore this member   
bruno nadeau

Expert Class
posted February 11, 2009 01:43 PM        
can you explain error

Ignore this member   
dubious

Needs a life
Needs more time to ride!
posted February 11, 2009 03:04 PM        
yup, sent you a message, since PM 's are down, but realised it was wrong guy...
carry on..

Glad to see motty is making an afr tuner for ours.
back in 2006 when he was making them for the gsxr1000 i inquired.

Ignore this member   
Sticks_n_Stones

Needs a job
posted February 11, 2009 03:07 PM        
His brained fried trying to read your writing my friend. Seeing as how your english isn't that good, you might want to hold off on all the abreviations and such so that we don't have to try so hard to understand you. Which is why I second it:

"Error +1"

Flies out K&N in!
bits n pieces...

Ignore this member   
1badzx12r

Needs a life
posted February 11, 2009 03:47 PM        
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Shane

Probably the sensor bro...

nope the sensor been replaced twice ...same readings on gauge ... and recalibration was done by innovates directions ...try again

Ignore this member   
Shane661

Needs a life
posted February 11, 2009 03:51 PM        Edited By: Shane661 on 11 Feb 2009 22:52
quote:
nope the sensor been replaced twice ...same readings on gauge ... and recalibration was done by innovates directions ...try again

Oh well, tough luck...sucks to be you.

How's that?

Shane

Ignore this member   
1badzx12r

Needs a life
posted February 11, 2009 03:52 PM        
and before you say its th gauge ...i've hook my laptop to the LC1 and run logworks and get the same display thru the laptop software gauge

Ignore this member   
1badzx12r

Needs a life
posted February 11, 2009 03:54 PM        Edited By: 1badzx12r on 11 Feb 2009 23:19
quote:
quote:

Oh well, tough luck...sucks to be you.

How's that?

Shane

nope it suxs to be innovate cause i call the mutherfuckers as soon as i installed the shit they sold me ...

Ignore this member   
bruno nadeau

Expert Class
posted February 11, 2009 05:08 PM        Edited By: bruno nadeau on 12 Feb 2009 00:10
i know my english is not god but i try. there is no abreviations in my post i just think you dont know what i am talking about. lm1 lm2 ssi4 motty afr tuner are tuning device.

error- 100

Ignore this member   
bruno nadeau

Expert Class
posted February 11, 2009 05:33 PM        
got the same problem with afr reading ofset betwen 2 unit .we have to wait 5 minutes or more in free air before calibrate to give the sensor a chance to get is oprating temperature. this information come from motty afrtuner support not inovate,sorry i just forgot

Ignore this member   
1badzx12r

Needs a life
posted February 11, 2009 06:22 PM        
quote:
got the same problem with afr reading ofset betwen 2 unit .we have to wait 5 minutes or more in free air before calibrate to give the sensor a chance to get is oprating temperature. this information come from motty afrtuner support not inovate,sorry i just forgot

tryed that also ...only thing i have not tried is to stick the sensor at the end of an exhaust from a new car to get a reading ... i was told 15.0 or in that area and it will tell me if my LC1 is working properly ... it may just be a bad area on my install of bung ... i'm about 14 inches from exhaust port on a turbo in the 3 oclock postion

Ignore this member   
dubious

Needs a life
Needs more time to ride!
posted February 11, 2009 06:39 PM        
They make a heat sink for extreme temps, but i doubt thats your problem... ZXbob has his in the dump pipe and what looks to be less than 14" away from the turbo outlet.

Ignore this member   
1badzx12r

Needs a life
posted February 11, 2009 07:12 PM        
quote:
ZXbob has his in the dump pipe and what looks to be less than 14" away from the turbo outlet.

i ask bob 1st were his is located before i installed mine .. i still think its a bad LC1 and if i had used its a/f to tune by i would of had a blown motor ...

i'd like to have the wego you got 4 sale ...but my days of spending money on my bike is over ...it stays as is until boom ..so far 8k miles and 150 dragstrip passes ...if it works don't mess with it

Ignore this member   
Bad in Black

Expert Class
posted February 11, 2009 07:56 PM        
I was thinking about getting the wideband 2....but after comparing it with the original wideband I found out that the wideband 2 can't log data like the original I guess thats why the 2 is cheaper than the original. For the same price as the wide band 2 I can get an Innovate LM-1 which can data log, and has a built in gauge. To data log with the wideband 2 you need to get the lcd screen and a memory card...or pack along your laptop Nice marketing strategy I suppose
Thanks alot DJ......................

Ignore this member   
billeason

Zone Head
posted February 11, 2009 09:09 PM        
I log and tune like that,and like it. I have a w/b and a harness that attaches the lcd 100 and p/c to the w/b. I make a pass and watch play back on the return road or in the pits. You can change maps or better yet mod an existing map in seconds all without getting off the bike. Plus you get all the other toys the lcd has but i dont use.........Bill

Ignore this member   
bruno nadeau

Expert Class
posted February 12, 2009 05:10 PM        
quote:
His brained fried trying to read your writing my friend. Seeing as how your english isn't that good, you might want to hold off on all the abreviations and such so that we don't have to try so hard to understand you. Which is why I second it:

"Error +1"

maybe your englis is very perfect but you dont have the brain to answer me after 2 days what are my abreviation:ssi4 lm2....................FUCK is it english.bruno

PS IF YOU CANT READ ME DONT READ ME.

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 2 pages long: 1  2     Next» ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
Quick Reply:

Email Notification: Send all replies to your email address.
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Dynojet Wideband 2 Disappointment NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2011 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.873913049698 seconds processing time