HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Black & Orange... Welcome Home NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
Ninja_Knight

Zone Head
posted December 27, 2008 11:11 PM        Edited By: Ninja_Knight on 28 Dec 2008 07:19
Black & Orange... Welcome Home

Today I happily had my new 2009 black and orange bike home. It feels good since it was a long time coming! Let me try my first picture post.

2009 B&O Special Edition, Brock's CF Gen 3 Exhaust, Dark Smoke ZG Double Bubble Windshield, PCIII, Muzzy Fan, Heli Risers, Throttlemeister Heavy, Nautilus Stebel Horn, Waiting on HID's and Tinted Signal Lens

Ignore this member   
Ninja_Knight

Zone Head
posted December 27, 2008 11:20 PM        
I will have better pictures to come as soon as I get some daylight.
2009 B&O Special Edition, Brock's CF Gen 3 Exhaust, Dark Smoke ZG Double Bubble Windshield, PCIII, Muzzy Fan, Heli Risers, Throttlemeister Heavy, Nautilus Stebel Horn, Waiting on HID's and Tinted Signal Lens

Ignore this member   
eklipse636

Needs a life
ZX-14
posted December 28, 2008 06:34 AM        
sweet!

Ignore this member   
Ninja_Knight

Zone Head
posted December 28, 2008 07:41 AM        
Here are a few things that I will be adding to my bike as soon as I get a chance. Brock's Gen III, PC, and fly removal coming soon.

Ignore this member   
Sgoaty

Novice Class
posted December 28, 2008 08:48 AM        
I really like that colour scheme it reminds me of the orange and purple on the ZZR1100 D1
  Ignore this member   
HiMile14

Expert Class
posted December 28, 2008 08:52 AM        

That's one beautiful bike. I was going to say it looks better in person but your picture pretty much told the story. You know that bike paint scheme ranks up there with my 1991 ZX-11 and 1993 ZX-6. There's one in Mt. Dora and if the Salesperson had started putting together a good deal I just might have considered. Great Pic.

Congrats
Hi-Mile
02 VFR 117,221 miles
07 VFR 24,799 miles

Ignore this member   
bigdtd

Needs a job
Interceptors
posted December 28, 2008 08:58 AM        
nice ride!
2006 Black ZX-14,6 inches over,16/42, flies out,BMC Street Filter,Brock's Street Meg,Brock's Radial Mount Strap,PClll with Race map,Dynojet LCD w/Techmount, ZX-14 fender eliminator,Pilot Power2CTs,Speedohealer,Pazzo Levers,Cox Radiator Guard, Garmin Nuvi 265WT

Ignore this member   
bawls

Needs a job
re-learning to ride
posted December 28, 2008 09:00 AM        
Did you see the pictures that brock sent me of the shorty systems installed on his bike? That would look bitchin with a CF shorty Gen3 on it. Congrats on the new bike and look out for the cagers

Brockland Police Badge # 001

Ignore this member    Click here to visit Bawls's homepage. 
dubious

Needs a life
Needs more time to ride!
posted December 28, 2008 10:48 AM        
I really like the 09 color options!

Ignore this member   
SteveWFL

posted December 28, 2008 11:15 AM        
congrats on the sweet new ride!
CBR600RR track bike

Ignore this member   
butta4hc

Expert Class
posted December 28, 2008 12:01 PM        
Congrats. You might wanna throw some frame sliders on there as well to protect them plastics. I couldn't tell if that was in your lil box of goodies. One of my buddies has the exact same bike and he put the race railz set up for sliders. Actually looked pretty good. Look into the grill guard from COX as well. Better yet, just read my signature just in case you miss something, lol. Thanks to this forum I'm broke, lol.
2006 Black ZX-14 - Recall Frame Swap, Full Muzzy GP Exhaust, PCIII, BMC Race Filter, Flies Out, Braided Front Brake & Cutch Lines, Muzzy's Radiator Fan, Engine Ice Coolant, Frame Sliders, SubFrame Sliders, Puig Dark Smoke Windscreen, Powerbronze Hugger, Cox Radiator Guard, Unswitched Powerlet Outlet under seat, Switched Powerlet Outlet On Right Duct Panel, Intergrated Tail Light, HID lights high and low beam, Blue corner marker lights, Eclipse License Plate Blackout Kit, Black Pazzo Levers, Scorpio Alarm, Lojack Theft Recovery System, Rapid Transit Triple Tree Bag, Cortech Tank, Tail & Saddle Bags and the bragging rights for being "The Fastest 14 In The Country" for a few weeks when the 14 made it's debut here in the states.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit butta4hc's homepage. 
Red1

Expert Class
posted December 28, 2008 02:35 PM        
Nice Bike NinjaKnight,

I like that color.

Ignore this member   
Shane661

Needs a life
posted December 28, 2008 04:22 PM        
Very nice!
  Ignore this member   
Flyboy

Pro
posted December 28, 2008 11:51 PM        
Very nice bike. Congratulations--

One fast red ZX-14,
Three World and four National Land Speed Records,
One faster red and white Cessna Turbo 210

Ignore this member    Click here to visit Flyboy's homepage. 
WindSwordNinja

Expert Class
posted December 29, 2008 12:42 PM        
Looks awesome! Looking forward to seeing more pics.
Can you give us a run down of the accessories you bought?
I don't know what some of them are just by their picture.

"Faster, faster! Faster would be better!" (Serenity)

Ignore this member   
Ninja_Knight

Zone Head
posted December 30, 2008 04:34 PM        
quote:
Looks awesome! Looking forward to seeing more pics.
Can you give us a run down of the accessories you bought?
I don't know what some of them are just by their picture.

Thanks everyone for the compliments! I am very glad I decided to wait for the black and orange bike and I promise to get some better pics of it in the sunlight this weekend. I have been riding a lot and have not even found time to put on the additions but I will snap shots when I am done with those too. To summarize what's in the pic Windsword I have: a double-bubble ZG dark smoke shield, heli risers (for my old man back), throttlemeister, Cortech tank bag (Thanks SteveWFL for your advice on this one! Best bag ever!), Johar foam grips (very cushy), Moto-Fab fender eliminator, Battery Tender Plus (keep that battery fresh), Scorpio Alarm w/SRi900 key fob, Abus 59 / 12 Extreme chain, adjustable kickstand, Grip*Lock throttle lock (the yellow thing), Stebel Nautilus horn (to blast cagers out your way), Xena disc alarm (to ward off intruders), Du*Pont cleaner (oooh, sparkly), tank protector, Techmount GPS holder for my Zumo 550 GPC (not shown cause it was in my car), The Quick Stand is in the black pouch at the upper left by the shield (for lubing the chain on the fly). I will be putting these goodies on this weekend. I put the ZG on already and it makes a noticeable difference.

Ignore this member   
kawboy81

Expert Class
Busa Eater
posted December 30, 2008 10:55 PM        
u bastard! lol.......... nice ride!

Ignore this member   
epd345

Pro
posted January 02, 2009 10:39 PM        
Sweet Bike!!!!....what is that a faux ostrich print in the seat cover material???

Ignore this member   
bawls

Needs a job
re-learning to ride
posted January 02, 2009 11:22 PM        
I've got about 8k on my johar street grooves extra thich grips so far, and couldn't be happier with them. Talk about helping my 1600 mile trip from texas to cali last summer.

Ninja_Knight

Zone Head
posted January 03, 2009 01:09 PM        
quote:
Sweet Bike!!!!....what is that a faux ostrich print in the seat cover material???
Yeah, that is ostrich print. It really does look nice. I will be putting on my Johar's this weekend, Bawls, but the weekend is just TOO NICE to spend working on the bike and not riding.

Ignore this member   
BIG BLUE_ZX14

Expert Class
posted January 23, 2009 11:19 PM        
Ninja_Knight - could you post some pics with your tank bag on the bike? How is the fit (and staying power) with half the "tank" being plastic? Any other comments on the tank bag? Is that the 10 or 14 liter?

Ignore this member   
bawls

Needs a job
re-learning to ride
posted January 24, 2009 05:28 AM        
I had an ogio tanker that got stolen and loved it. It had magnets, but also had a small strap at the front that you would run through the frame. It was rock solid at 170+ mph.

Ninja_Knight

Zone Head
posted January 24, 2009 05:35 PM        
quote:
Ninja_Knight - could you post some pics with your tank bag on the bike? How is the fit (and staying power) with half the "tank" being plastic? Any other comments on the tank bag? Is that the 10 or 14 liter?
Sure... I will take some pictures of it tomorrow for you. The fit is PERFECT! It holds a lot and does not interfere with any of my gauges, my GPS (using a center Techmount), or myself. The one I have is the 14 liter. I bought the 10 liter first but after I saw it I realized it was WAY too small to be of any use to me, and the 14 liter is perfect for the 14's big tank. The magnets are SUPER strong, and attach without ANY problem whatsoever, and the bottom is a soft felt that will not scratch up your tank. Another handy thing is that there are shoulder straps behind the felt (just discovered them today) so you can carry it like a back pack. I will photograph that for you tomorrow as well. Today I had a can of Plexus, my Xena disc lock, two cell phones, a wallet, two rags, my quick stand, a bottle of cologne, my car keys and my security keys, two DVD's from Blockbuster, and sunglasses, and I went 130MPH on the turnpike and the bag didn't budge.

Ignore this member   
Bawls

Needs a job
re-learning to ride
posted January 24, 2009 05:52 PM        
lol i'm surprised the bike would run 130 with an extra 3,764 lbs of junk in your tank bag ... j/k

BIG BLUE_ZX14

Expert Class
posted January 25, 2009 09:34 AM        
Cool, thanks NK!

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Black & Orange... Welcome Home NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2023 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.2072970867157 seconds processing time