HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Feelings on my 09 zx14 NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
smokinzx14

Needs a life
posted December 06, 2008 02:29 PM        Edited By: smokinzx14 on 7 Dec 2008 06:30
Feelings on my 09 zx14

I said this in an post before that i felt the 09 was smoother , more refined feel ... It does seem to have more power out of the box than my 06 did and i'm sure the quicker opening flys help .. The top end hit seems to be stronger and the flys would have nothing to do with that ... I noticed Brock said about the 08 zx14 that he believes with the same mods it will make 4 to 5 hp over the 06 07 zx14 ..

Some if you remember Tonytooth , he had a 06 zx14 and swapped it in for a new Gixxer 1000 .... Tony and a few of my other friends came over to say hi and have a look at my new green zx14 ..Well i tossed Tony the keys to my 09 and told him to take a ride and tell me what he thinks .. He was gone for about 15 mins , as he pulled back in i could see he had a smile on his face ...I asked what he thought about it ..He said no way am i racing my Gixxer against that bike , i'll tell you right now that thing is to fast for my Gixxer ..He asked me what kawi had done to the bike Vs the 06 07 zx14 .. I told him that i really don't know other than faster flys and possible port changes but i can't prove that part .. Tony felt the same thing i did about how smooth the bike was Vs our 06 zx14s ... He even ask about the trans shifting better than his 06 .... After 350 miles on my 09 i'm starting to believe the 09 is more refined and not just new bike with low miles .. I think Tony may be in the market for a new zx14 ..

I'm getting Jesses Street Smeg off his zx14 Because jesse is changing over to a sidewinder ....I wanted to go with a Brocks Gen 3 pipe because it would not be as loud as the Smeg but beggers can't be to picky .... It's ok because i know what kind of power the Smeg makes and i'm fine with power even if it is a bit loud ... I'll be testing it with no P/C just to see what gains can be had without any tunning ... Seeing that the bike is mapped so rich from the factory i'm sure not having a P/C will not cause any problems ..

Smokin ...

Ignore this member   
kawboy81

Expert Class
Busa Eater
posted December 06, 2008 02:55 PM        
yea my partna copped him a lime green 09 the day the dealer got em..... all i can say is it looks very good in the sun.... awesome color, i loved that color ever since i seen it on the 01 zx9. we havent lined em up yet but in due time when its not 25 degrees outside.... he hasnt logged but 400 miles on his, i just jerked his flies out and helped with m10 and power commander install and velocity stacks...... should be close.... as we have the same mods. i know he better come with it because i think my 07 was built on a wednesday cuz it flat hauls... ive beat every other 14 ive lined up against including the new busa from a roll on and dead stop. ima hop on his to see if i notice any difference soon. nice write up.

Ignore this member   
bigdtd

Needs a job
Interceptors
posted December 06, 2008 09:58 PM        
i haven't seen tony for a while, glad to know he is keeping on riding. sounds like the 09 is sweet. it will be interesting as time goes on to see how it stacks up against the 06's. it sure has been nice riding weather, mid fifties on the way to work this morning.
2006 Black ZX-14,6 inches over,16/42, flies out,BMC Street Filter,Brock's Street Meg,Brock's Radial Mount Strap,PClll with Race map,Dynojet LCD w/Techmount, ZX-14 fender eliminator,Pilot Power2CTs,Speedohealer,Pazzo Levers,Cox Radiator Guard, Garmin Nuvi 265WT

Ignore this member   
SteveWFL

posted December 07, 2008 12:55 AM        
quote:
i haven't seen tony for a while, glad to know he is keeping on riding. sounds like the 09 is sweet. it will be interesting as time goes on to see how it stacks up against the 06's. it sure has been nice riding weather, mid fifties on the way to work this morning.

Dave you deserve to buy yourself an '09 too...look at the monster Edition to match that helmet!
CBR600RR track bike

Ignore this member   
bigdtd

Needs a job
Interceptors
posted December 07, 2008 01:30 AM        Edited By: bigdtd on 7 Dec 2008 17:31
hell mine's just getting broke on at 8700 miles plus i just won runner up at qsl the other night at bike night. this baby is bringin home the bacon!
2006 Black ZX-14,6 inches over,16/42, flies out,BMC Street Filter,Brock's Street Meg,Brock's Radial Mount Strap,PClll with Race map,Dynojet LCD w/Techmount, ZX-14 fender eliminator,Pilot Power2CTs,Speedohealer,Pazzo Levers,Cox Radiator Guard, Garmin Nuvi 265WT

Ignore this member   
drewzx-14

Zone Head
Andrew
posted December 07, 2008 09:01 AM        
i loved my 06. Ill get another one eventually. 09 def seems to be one sweet bike.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit drewzx-14's homepage. 
butta4hc

Expert Class
posted December 07, 2008 11:17 AM        
My pres is just sold his 2006 CBR 1000RR and is starstruck for the new Monster 14. He has been privately in love with my bike since the day I brought it to the clubhouse and maybe he is tired of me showing my tail lights to him on the highway, lol. The more I look at it the more I like it. The only drawback is that I am committed to certain gear while riding it like my Hopkins helmet and such. I also got so much money in my 06 that I can't justify swapping out. You know the story...I will definitely ride his after his break-in and mods to see if there is a difference however.
2006 Black ZX-14 - Recall Frame Swap, Full Muzzy GP Exhaust, PCIII, BMC Race Filter, Flies Out, Braided Front Brake & Cutch Lines, Muzzy's Radiator Fan, Engine Ice Coolant, Frame Sliders, SubFrame Sliders, Puig Dark Smoke Windscreen, Powerbronze Hugger, Cox Radiator Guard, Unswitched Powerlet Outlet under seat, Switched Powerlet Outlet On Right Duct Panel, Intergrated Tail Light, HID lights high and low beam, Blue corner marker lights, Eclipse License Plate Blackout Kit, Black Pazzo Levers, Scorpio Alarm, Lojack Theft Recovery System, Rapid Transit Triple Tree Bag, Cortech Tank, Tail & Saddle Bags and the bragging rights for being "The Fastest 14 In The Country" for a few weeks when the 14 made it's debut here in the states.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit butta4hc's homepage. 
MJ

Zone Head
posted December 07, 2008 12:13 PM        
quote:
I said this in an post before that i felt the 09 was smoother , more refined feel ... It does seem to have more power out of the box than my 06 did and i'm sure the quicker opening flys help .. The top end hit seems to be stronger and the flys would have nothing to do with that ... I noticed Brock said about the 08 zx14 that he believes with the same mods it will make 4 to 5 hp over the 06 07 zx14 ..

Some if you remember Tonytooth , he had a 06 zx14 and swapped it in for a new Gixxer 1000 .... Tony and a few of my other friends came over to say hi and have a look at my new green zx14 ..Well i tossed Tony the keys to my 09 and told him to take a ride and tell me what he thinks .. He was gone for about 15 mins , as he pulled back in i could see he had a smile on his face ...I asked what he thought about it ..He said no way am i racing my Gixxer against that bike , i'll tell you right now that thing is to fast for my Gixxer ..He asked me what kawi had done to the bike Vs the 06 07 zx14 .. I told him that i really don't know other than faster flys and possible port changes but i can't prove that part .. Tony felt the same thing i did about how smooth the bike was Vs our 06 zx14s ... He even ask about the trans shifting better than his 06 .... After 350 miles on my 09 i'm starting to believe the 09 is more refined and not just new bike with low miles .. I think Tony may be in the market for a new zx14 ..

I'm getting Jesses Street Smeg off his zx14 Because jesse is changing over to a sidewinder ....I wanted to go with a Brocks Gen 3 pipe because it would not be as loud as the Smeg but beggers can't be to picky .... It's ok because i know what kind of power the Smeg makes and i'm fine with power even if it is a bit loud ... I'll be testing it with no P/C just to see what gains can be had without any tunning ... Seeing that the bike is mapped so rich from the factory i'm sure not having a P/C will not cause any problems ..

Smokin ...

Thats good to hear Lee
In all my reading...lots and lots of mag articles, forums ect, in every test the 08's were down on power compared to the 06's. Never saw 1 article where it had more? I wonder if kawi did some behind the scene's stuff to get the power out of the 09's that the 08 should have had?

Ignore this member   
smokinzx14

Needs a life
posted December 07, 2008 12:35 PM        
quote:
quote:

Smokin ...

Thats good to hear Lee
In all my reading...lots and lots of mag articles, forums ect, in every test the 08's were down on power compared to the 06's. Never saw 1 article where it had more? I wonder if kawi did some behind the scene's stuff to get the power out of the 09's that the 08 should have had?
Well it is possible Kawi did a little tweeking on the the 09 ...Kawi has a history of doing little Adjustments from year to year ...It does seem that kawi is hearing what the owners are saying .. We know from the dyno sheets posted here shows the 08 to be very very fat in the top rpms so maybe kawi remapped the 09 a bit to fix that .. I'm pretty sure they did add HP to the 08 models to make up for the loss of HP caused by the new cat in the head pipes and the insides of the mufflers got some more baffeling to make less noise .. If that is the case the 08 and 09 should make more HP with an after market pipe and tune like Brock said .. We need more Data to be sure ... In time my 09 will end up with the same mods as my 06 and the ETs and MPH at the track will tell the hole story ....Till then it is just guessing on my part ....If it only runs as fast as my 06 that is fine also because owning two 8 seconds bikes is not all that bad ...

Ignore this member   
CrotchRocket

Bracket Racing with Betsy
posted December 07, 2008 12:42 PM        
Yep, 2 Hi 8 second ZX14s for $25,000.00

Compared to 1 9.30 second $30,000.00 V-Rod Destroyer

*****DragRacers do it better, because they dont cut Corners*****

Ignore this member    Click here to visit CrotchRocket's homepage. 
bawls

Needs a job
re-learning to ride
posted December 07, 2008 12:49 PM        
9.30 with a good rider lol... I've seen one go high 6's in the 1/8th lol.

Brockland Police Badge # 001

Ignore this member    Click here to visit Bawls's homepage. 
MJ

Zone Head
posted December 07, 2008 03:36 PM        
quote:
quote:
quote:

Smokin ...

Thats good to hear Lee
Well it is possible Kawi did a little tweeking on the the 09 ...Kawi has a history of doing little Adjustments from year to year ...It does seem that kawi is hearing what the owners are saying .. We know from the dyno sheets posted here shows the 08 to be very very fat in the top rpms so maybe kawi remapped the 09 a bit to fix that .. I'm pretty sure they did add HP to the 08 models to make up for the loss of HP caused by the new cat in the head pipes and the insides of the mufflers got some more baffeling to make less noise .. If that is the case the 08 and 09 should make more HP with an after market pipe and tune like Brock said .. We need more Data to be sure ... In time my 09 will end up with the same mods as my 06 and the ETs and MPH at the track will tell the hole story ....Till then it is just guessing on my part ....If it only runs as fast as my 06 that is fine also because owning two 8 seconds bikes is not all that bad ...

Kawi claimed more power with the porting changes and injector angle changes+improved exhaust. I think the only reason the 08's didn't show the power was the mapping. I have a sneaking suspicion that the 09's are stronger from better tuning. What Brock said about more power with the same mods goes with what kawi claimed. Your track work along with enough dyno runs starting to show up will tell the story

Ignore this member   
IMFASTTOO

Zone Head
posted December 09, 2008 01:24 AM        
YEP I rode TURBO MARKS 09 it does feel stronger than the o7 it also feels more refined very smooth clutch and gearbox and no engine vibes the brakes are awesome he installed a set of convertibars and that really makes a big improvement in the comfort level its much smoother than the 09 BUSA has better brakes , gearbox ,clutch and is more comfortable and its a looker in black and orange
  Ignore this member   
gilberjj

Needs a job
Friend of Fast
posted December 09, 2008 02:58 PM        
are you guys sure your 06s weren't just as smooth and refined when they were new???? It would make sense that the bikes become less refined when you get a bunch of miles and trips down the drag strip on them.
  Ignore this member   
bawls

Needs a job
re-learning to ride
posted December 09, 2008 10:09 PM        
Did the 07 that you rode still have the flies in fast? If so, that's probably why it feels stronger.

Swiftkart

Expert Class
posted December 09, 2008 11:09 PM        Edited By: Swiftkart on 10 Dec 2008 15:10
I emailed Brock about testing the 08 injectors on a 06 to see if they are better, does the 08 make more power than the 06 and after all Brock parts are installed and tuned, is the 08 better than a 06, he said they make the same hp, his reply is below.

No on testing individual injectors.

Yes on around 5 hp STOCK…..NO once equipped with our pipe/map etc.

BD

Ignore this member   
Rideharder

Zone Head
posted December 10, 2008 03:47 AM        Edited By: Rideharder on 10 Dec 2008 19:49
I would like to refined feel this bike.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit Rideharder's homepage. 
bawls

Needs a job
re-learning to ride
posted December 10, 2008 05:27 AM        
What a waste. I just want to puke everytime that I see a fast bike with a fat tire.

gilberjj

Needs a job
Friend of Fast
posted December 10, 2008 05:33 AM        
I feel like that ruins our image..... I really dislike that bike
  Ignore this member   
KZScott

Needs a life
high on speed
posted December 10, 2008 05:39 AM        
because the chopper guys try to be fast too..... the only 14 that should have a tire that wide is a top fueler, and a slick at that
00 ZX-12R street turbo 1: 227.9 1.5: 234.1 Loring AFB
00 ZX-12R LSR turbo 1: 263.1 1.5: 266.5 Loring AFB Worlds fastest ZX-12R
CMG Racing RCC Turbos

Ignore this member   
Big Ced

Expert Class
Soldier
posted December 10, 2008 07:56 AM        
quote:
I would like to refined feel this bike.

Different Strokes for Different folks. Not everyone is into going as fast but into styling I like the best of both. So I do appreciate all the work that is done on this bike.

Big Ced

Ignore this member    Click here to visit Big Ced's homepage. 
bawls

Needs a job
re-learning to ride
posted December 10, 2008 09:51 AM        
I would appreciate having the money that they wasted on that swingarm and tire to put into a set of BST wheels, brocks smeg, and a swingarm lol.

NINJA12

Needs a job
posted December 11, 2008 01:14 AM        Edited By: NINJA12 on 11 Dec 2008 17:18
Depends on the type of trophy you are chasing.
That bike will get you more cat than your back can handle.
Look at that nice little seat warmer.
Maybe some of you guys don't like cat.
Just keep running form the LEOs and chasing plastic trophys.
If that's fun for you enjoy, why piss on the next mans pleasure?
If I had all the money I "WASTED" on go fast in the last 5 years, I could
payoff my house and my truck. Would I do it all over again? Most of it, yes!

Ignore this member   
kimski2001

Expert Class
posted December 11, 2008 01:26 AM        
quote:
Depends on the type of trophy you are chasing.
That bike will get you more cat than your back can handle.
Look at that nice little seat warmer.
Maybe some of you guys don't like cat.
Just keep running form the LEOs and chasing plastic trophys.
If that's fun for you enjoy, why piss on the next mans pleasure?
If I had all the money I "WASTED" on go fast in the last 5 years, I could
payoff my house and my truck. Would I do it all over again? Most of it, yes!
could'nt agree more.

Ignore this member   
eklipse636

Needs a life
ZX-14
posted December 12, 2008 12:24 PM        
I agree as well... I pissed away more money in hydraulics and steros in my car back in the day and its not my thing anymore, but I don't regret it one bit!

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 2 pages long: 1  2     Next» ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Feelings on my 09 zx14 NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2015 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.53346085548401 seconds processing time