HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: helibars risers NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
bawls

Needs a job
re-learning to ride
posted September 28, 2008 03:59 PM        
helibars risers

As you guys know, I bought my bike used and then went on deployment. While i was gone i bought a set of risers from Qwick and my dad put them on for me, but said that the bolts that kevin sent with them with bolts that were too short, so he got some good longer bolts and never thought twice about it. When i got done with my trip, i pulled them off and they've been sitting in my garage ever since.I was getting ready to go for a ride this morning so i figured that i would throw my risers back on my bike since i hadn't used them since i got back from my long trip. I pulled my handlebars off so that i could put the risers on and much to my surprise, realized that neither of us saw the set of helibars risers that were on there when i bought it lmfao. When he put them on, the rubber cover on my throtle cables would barely push the fairing at full lock, but we just thought that it was normal lol. What does all of this mean? You can safely run 2 sets of risers for 1.5" total lift on the bars. I'll take some pictures and video of what it does with them on if anyone would like. I always knew that my bike was really comfy lmfao.

Brockland Police Badge # 001

Ignore this member    Click here to visit Bawls's homepage. 
hoopie

Parking Attendant
posted September 29, 2008 06:49 AM        
Pics please. i wouldnt mind putting a second set on mine to lift it up more. I wouldnt think the cables would be long enough though.

Ignore this member   
Bigbluebeast

Parking Attendant
posted September 29, 2008 03:06 PM        
Mine has risers and I love it, makes the daily grind just a bit better.
  Ignore this member   
kikonzx14

Pro
Novice
posted September 29, 2008 03:41 PM        
quote:
Mine has risers and I love it, makes the daily grind just a bit better.

+1 But as far as I like to do track days on twisting tracks, driving position cannot be too high either, so with one pair of helibar raisers is good enough for me.
Feel the need for SPEED2007 ZX-14 Black with Red Flames (Helibars, Sliders, Yoshimura TRC Ti 4-2 Slip Ons, Fender Eliminator, Zero Gravity SR Windscreen, Custom Heel Guards , Speedohealer V4, Pazzo Levers -soon to come: Flies out / PCV w/A/T kit and later 16T sprocket)1990 Honda Steed (Japan model same as Shadow)1993 Kawasaki Vulcan EN 500 (gone as I trade it in for the ZX-14)Santiago, Chile, South America

Ignore this member   
Ninja_Knight

Zone Head
posted September 29, 2008 03:47 PM        
Despite the fact that I most likely would not use two sets of risers I think it is super cool that Bawls accidentally found out that you CAN use two sets without clearance issues. I have witnessed tons of heli riser posts (one initiated by yours truly), and everyone would talk about how little of a lift you get with the risers but how much nicer they are anyway. No one would have thought to put two set on there at once.
2009 B&O Special Edition, Brock's CF Gen 3 Exhaust, Dark Smoke ZG Double Bubble Windshield, PCIII, Muzzy Fan, Heli Risers, Throttlemeister Heavy, Nautilus Stebel Horn, Waiting on HID's and Tinted Signal Lens

Ignore this member   
phil

Expert Class
posted September 29, 2008 03:52 PM        
Would think the front brake line must really be stretched way to tight with two pairs of risers.

Ignore this member   
kawabonzai

Zone Head
Leader of the Back.
posted September 30, 2008 12:28 AM        
I think you can test clearance issues on either side by stacking both heli's on one side. then stack them on the other side. if all goes well order another set.

ace Hardware has nice 8x50 and longer black bolts.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit KawaBonzai's homepage. 
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: helibars risers NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2011 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.625615119934 seconds processing time