HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: here is a vid of me getting beat by a car NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
01smokes

Needs a job
posted July 21, 2008 10:22 PM        Edited By: 01smokes on 21 Jul 2008 22:23
here is a vid of me getting beat by a car

on the 1st race he beat me by .01 than on the next race i tried to hard and spun

NEW TRMIN8R Video

Email, artvgl@yahoo.com

Ignore this member   
Stu64

Zone Head
posted July 22, 2008 04:06 AM        Edited By: Stu64 on 22 Jul 2008 04:07
I'm surprised,tracks around here won't let cars/bikes race side by side.
And you definitly need practice.

Ignore this member   
flatoutbu

Pro
posted July 22, 2008 05:36 AM        
Practice,practice,practice...that car should have been no problem for ya. good luck next time

Ignore this member   
Superman T

Pro
posted July 22, 2008 07:23 AM        
I was waiting to see a ZX14 but no go. You would need a car posting times better than 10s to beat a 14 anyway!
  Ignore this member   
Sticks_n_Stones

Needs a job
posted July 22, 2008 07:57 AM        
Thats a car a zx14 wouldnt want to run from a roll. His launches were pretty soft, but his big end was very impressive. I'm betting that thing must be pushing 800hp at least to the tires.

And was it me, or did it sound like he was running a 3spd tranny in dire need of a shift kit??? Must have been trying to keep from breaking stuff... those gear changes were painful to my ears. Bad ass Camaro though, and streetable too with those BFG Drag Radials.

Flies out K&N in!
bits n pieces...

Ignore this member   
1badzx12r

Needs a life
posted July 22, 2008 08:35 AM        
i think all you badazz bike riders need to come to texas and race some cars

you'll find out that most car guys got their shitt together and whip bike azz all nite long ...

face it cars are faster than bikes

Ignore this member   
CrotchRocket

Bracket Racing with Betsy
posted July 22, 2008 08:51 AM        
The big $$$ cars are faster...

The cars are easier to drag race, all you have to do is cut a light...Car racing is boring!!!

*****DragRacers do it better, because they dont cut Corners*****

Ignore this member    Click here to visit CrotchRocket's homepage. 
Superman T

Pro
posted July 22, 2008 08:53 AM        
"face it cars are faster than bikes "
Maybe so but this comment is very vague! I've seen cars pull 5-6 seconds in a 1/4 mile @ over 300mph. I still don't think THIS Camaro would beat a 14 in the 1/4 mile w/ a decent rider aboard.

Ignore this member   
Sticks_n_Stones

Needs a job
posted July 22, 2008 09:08 AM        
STREET CARS are not faster than STREET BIKES Crotchrocket. When the guy cant drive his car around town without overheating it, changing tires, recalibrating ignition and jetting, or fouling plugs, etc. its NOT a street car. And there are very very few street driven cars that can run in the 9's, and only then with alot of nitrous. Name me a single pump gas non nitrous car that can run high 8's like a mildly modded 14 or Busa can? Thats what I thought.

Unfortunately, the riders with the size and skill to run there bikes at that speed are about as rare as the 'street legal' cars themselves, so we'll call it a draw. And FYI, Texas probably has 50% of all the fastest cars in the USA. amazing what some of them guys do down there...
Flies out K&N in!
bits n pieces...

Ignore this member   
Wheelie

Needs a life
Old Man
posted July 22, 2008 09:33 AM        
quote:
i think all you badazz bike riders need to come to texas and race some cars

you'll find out that most car guys got their shitt together and whip bike azz all nite long ...

im in the Dallas area, lets race.

wee

Ignore this member   
Wheelie

Needs a life
Old Man
posted July 22, 2008 09:34 AM        
quote:
Thats a car a zx14 wouldnt want to run from a roll. His launches were pretty soft, but his big end was very impressive. I'm betting that thing must be pushing 800hp at least to the tires.

And was it me, or did it sound like he was running a 3spd tranny in dire need of a shift kit??? Must have been trying to keep from breaking stuff... those gear changes were painful to my ears. Bad ass Camaro though, and streetable too with those BFG Drag Radials.

800hp? not even close!

wee

Ignore this member   
stevewfl

posted July 22, 2008 09:34 AM        
quote:

bad attempt at trolling, but keep throwing the bait
CBR600RR track bike

Ignore this member   
flatoutbu

Pro
posted July 22, 2008 09:41 AM        
A stock busa,14 or a 1000 with bolt on's and a good rider will have 90% of the cars covered out there. It takes big money to get a car to run the kind of numbers a bike can. You can debate this all day, but dollar for dollar a bike is the cheapest way to go fast...

Ignore this member   
Wheelie

Needs a life
Old Man
posted July 22, 2008 09:42 AM        
quote:
quote:

I want to race him with my street bike! where in Texas?

wee

Ignore this member   
FastestBusaAround

Needs a life
Gunner's a FAG.
posted July 22, 2008 10:12 AM        
800 to the rear wheels on that car would be very low 9's with the right driver...not mid 10's. 10.61 on a ZX14 means you're in 600CC territory at those times. You'll get him soon enough though!

2008 ZX14 - stretched...PCIII, timing advance, etc...
2009 Concours 14 - AreaP exhaust, PCIII etc...
1999 HD Road King 120 RWHP/125 RWTQ...serious engine build.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit FastestBusaAround's homepage. 
smokehouse4444

Zone Head
XX to ZX
posted July 22, 2008 10:25 AM        
Yes, the "ultimate" cars are faster than the "ultimate" bikes. Funny cars and Top Fuelers will smoke the best bikes. But in the "regular" world, most stock 600's would stomp on almost any stock car. I have a good friend that has a supercharged w/nitrous Viper that makes around 750hp. He loves to race the big bikes, and its always very close IF he is rolling-on starting around 50mph. Even then he's had mixed results with stock and/or lightly modded Busa's and 14's. I love to give him a hard time telling him he's spent over $100,000 on a car that has mediocre/slim success against some $11,000 bikes. By the way, I hope the dude comes and finds you Wheelie. Hee!

Ignore this member   
stevewfl

posted July 22, 2008 10:37 AM        
this debate warrants a rebel flag, bag of chewing tobacco, 2 cans of bud light, and a woman from the local trailer park

CBR600RR track bike

Ignore this member   
Sticks_n_Stones

Needs a job
posted July 22, 2008 11:23 AM        
quote:
800 to the rear wheels on that car would be very low 9's with the right driver...not mid 10's. 10.61 on a ZX14 means you're in 600CC territory at those times. You'll get him soon enough though!

Facts: a SS Camaro with the cage he has will weigh in from 3200-3600 pounds. Having ridden in 9 and 10 second cars before, I can say with confidence that the car in that video could not be making less than 650 hp at the tires, and most likely 750-800. If he optimized it for launching, he could no doubt knock off a half second or more. Just insert about another $6K, or $10K with a new tranny...

I don't know the elevation or temp of the track in question, but I'm assuming it was high since the bike was only pulling those numbers even though it was launching OK, but you never know.

Watch some more videos or go to a track and pay attention to the fast cars, in comparison this guy was snowballing it off the line, obviously not his strong suite. In comparison to other legit 10 second cars that is...
Flies out K&N in!
bits n pieces...

Ignore this member   
1badzx12r

Needs a life
posted July 22, 2008 02:11 PM        
quote:
quote:
quote:

wee

i seen how you race at the hurricane alley races ...you gotta get pass the 1st round to win...and those were bike guys ...car guys will crush you ...

Ignore this member   
1badzx12r

Needs a life
posted July 22, 2008 02:13 PM        
quote:
this debate warrants a rebel flag, bag of chewing tobacco, 2 cans of bud light, and a woman from the local trailer park

you got that shitt right buddy

Ignore this member   
1badzx12r

Needs a life
posted July 22, 2008 02:17 PM        
quote:
quote:
never know.

Watch some more videos or go to a track and pay attention to the fast cars, in comparison this guy was snowballing it off the line, obviously not his strong suite. In comparison to other legit 10 second cars that is...

its call sandbagging

and who to say he wasn't peddalling on the big end ....

by the way he had that bike covered ....all you gotta do is put a wheel on them ....and never beat anybody more than you have too.....

Ignore this member   
Wheelie

Needs a life
Old Man
posted July 22, 2008 02:50 PM        Edited By: Wheelie on 22 Jul 2008 14:51
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

wee

i seen how you race at the hurricane alley races ...you gotta get pass the 1st round to win...and those were bike guys ...car guys will crush you ...
if you were watching me then you saw what happened. btw, lets here about your car. not car guys.

wee

Ignore this member   
1badzx12r

Needs a life
posted July 22, 2008 03:05 PM        
yeah you lost ... got piss off and loaded up and went home vowing never to return....thats what this thread is about ...car guys beating bikes ...

Ignore this member   
1badzx12r

Needs a life
posted July 22, 2008 03:06 PM        
ohhhhhhhhhh and i don't have a car but a truck ...and yes in a bracket race it just might beat you...,.

Ignore this member   
Wheelie

Needs a life
Old Man
posted July 22, 2008 03:09 PM        
quote:
yeah you lost ... got piss off and loaded up and went home vowing never to return....thats what this thread is about ...car guys beating bikes ...
wrong, yes I lost first round after driving 4 hours, was told no time trials will be run at a all day motorcycle event, maybe thats why I left. the owner of that San Antonio track is a jerk. im sure you saw my first pass? 9.30, will you car run faster than that? weeeeeeeeeeeeee

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 4 pages long: 1  2  3  4     Next» ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: here is a vid of me getting beat by a car NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2011 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.709451198578 seconds processing time