HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: BADDAZZ ZX14 Paint NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
kawabunga

Expert Class
Cogswell Cogs Installed
posted May 19, 2008 03:56 PM        Edited By: kawabunga on 19 May 2008 17:29
BADDAZZ ZX14 Paint

Here are a few pics of the body work painted and the seat upholstered. There is a 2 quart fuel cell located in the stock battery location. There is 1 1/2" off close cell foam under the leather wrapping over the top of the frame. The body is one piece with 2 zues fasteners in the rear and one 6mm bolt where the front tank facia nomally bolts down. Off in less than 15 seconds. The sheet metal under the foam padding has 2 holes cut for the front stock tank mounts, that way it sits down flat and also keeps the body from wanting to slide forward or rearward. It is solid as a rock mounted. The ram air tube sumps have been removed and ABS welding to cover the hole after removal. This should promote better air flow. Round aluminum ram air setup is being built and should be finished soon. I will post as many pics tomorrow night on the website for those wanting a more in depth peek and explanation.

Our 128 lb. pilot wraps right around this thing. I will have a pic of him of the bike sitting still so you can see how perfectly it fits and the perfect riding position.

Comments...good..bad or indifferent welcome

Hope you guys like what I've done here.

i will take pics before friday of what's under the seat...lol

We're hittin the track friday night as long as it doesn't rain for the first test.

Ignore this member   
kikonzx14

Pro
Novice
posted May 19, 2008 04:33 PM        
Very Niiiice!
Feel the need for SPEED2007 ZX-14 Black with Red Flames (Helibars, Sliders, Yoshimura TRC Ti 4-2 Slip Ons, Fender Eliminator, Zero Gravity SR Windscreen, Custom Heel Guards , Speedohealer V4, Pazzo Levers -soon to come: Flies out / PCV w/A/T kit and later 16T sprocket)1990 Honda Steed (Japan model same as Shadow)1993 Kawasaki Vulcan EN 500 (gone as I trade it in for the ZX-14)Santiago, Chile, South America

Ignore this member   
countersteer

Needs a job
Didn't read the owners manual
posted May 19, 2008 05:00 PM        
LOL nice shelf in the last pic, i can see your shop is PRO!

Ignore this member    Click here to visit countersteer's homepage. 
kawabunga

Expert Class
Cogswell Cogs Installed
posted May 19, 2008 05:08 PM        
Nice to know you are more interested in the shelf than the bike....maybe you should join the shelf.com forum, they would be interested your profound thoughts.

You need to spit those sour grapes out sometime and say something nice and intelligent or keep the pie hole shut

Ignore this member   
countersteer

Needs a job
Didn't read the owners manual
posted May 19, 2008 05:18 PM        
i could give a fuck about the bike - standard bolt-on products are not impressive. youve been hyping this up like its hot shit, so post up some quarter mile time slips already.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit countersteer's homepage. 
kawabunga

Expert Class
Cogswell Cogs Installed
posted May 19, 2008 05:25 PM        
So you have been paying attention!!!...hmmmmmmm....If you couldn't give a crap about it, why are you wasting your valuable time reading about it and typing ignorant comments?

Speaking of impressive....you're not.

You just don't get it, do you?

Ignore this member   
smokinzx14

Needs a life
posted May 19, 2008 06:48 PM        
Looks cool ... Can't wait to see it in action ...!! Hey ever think about airbrushing on some headlites and taillites ?? I think that would look cool ..

Ignore this member   
zx14mike

Zone Head
posted May 19, 2008 06:55 PM        
Keep us posted Kawabunga, i'm really interested in the bukes times.

BTW, what do you plan to do to the motor eventually, werent you talking about doing a stroker?

Ignore this member   
ninja14

Pro
posted May 19, 2008 07:23 PM        
Damn.....I would fall asleep on that couch

I too got rid of the 14 body.......it was a lotta stuff..............

Ignore this member   
stevewfl

posted May 19, 2008 07:24 PM        
"Comments...good..bad or indifferent welcome"

its beautiful, but I can't understand all that work/time/money into the body and then put stickers all over it?
CBR600RR track bike

Ignore this member   
NinjaNick

Needs a job
'08 ZX14 (Blue)
posted May 19, 2008 10:41 PM        
quote:

its beautiful, but I can't understand all that work/time/money into the body and then put stickers all over it?

You must not know how sponsorship works.

Ignore this member   
stevewfl

posted May 20, 2008 02:58 AM        
quote:
quote:

You must not know how sponsorship works.

if you want to beleive that, OK.

the pro cars/bikes/boats etc I see usually have the sponcer named painted on when the pro paint jobs go on. If not, they seem to be clear coated over so they appear to be part of the scheme of things.

this bike looks as though someone went out of their way to make it look right (and it does), then put the decals on as an after-thought?
CBR600RR track bike

Ignore this member   
Burnoutzx14

Parking Attendant
Stretched/Lowered/NOS
posted May 20, 2008 04:56 AM        
NiCe! Looks fast just sitting there..

Ignore this member    Click here to visit Burnoutzx14's homepage. 
crashtech

Zone Head
posted May 20, 2008 06:13 AM        
Damn.....where is the badd azz paint? solid black? You want to get noticed put some color on that fucker. Small to no bodywork needs color to pop. Looks like a rolling chassis with no body. Not my thing but looks fast anyway.
  Ignore this member   
NinjaNick

Needs a job
'08 ZX14 (Blue)
posted May 20, 2008 07:31 AM        
quote:
where is the badd azz paint? .

http://www.baddazz.com/

Ignore this member   
Silver08

Expert Class
posted May 20, 2008 03:27 PM        
looks like its coming together Kawabunga, looks good.

Ignore this member   
kawabunga

Expert Class
Cogswell Cogs Installed
posted May 20, 2008 03:46 PM        
Appreciate the great comments as well as the constructive criticism. there is a method to the madness. This project was not to get noticed for bling but for the the absolute performance of the machine. As far as the stickers go, sponsorship requires that the sponsors name be displayed in a way that when the rider is in motion the sponsors name can be seen clearly. I was not looking for a flashy paint job...this bike is about all about taking care of business and that is what we will do...take care of business. The bike and pilot will speak for themselves at the track. That will be this friday night.

I did not expect this bike to appeal to everyone...it was conceptual in nature, with form and function as the primary reason for the way it looks.

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: BADDAZZ ZX14 Paint NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2023 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.20897793769836 seconds processing time