HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Corbin Bags + Exhaust NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
bgchkn

Novice Class
posted May 19, 2008 03:58 PM        

K now the side shot.

Ignore this member   
FasterThanStink

Pro
posted May 19, 2008 06:51 PM        
With the clearance you have, they are going to melt. That's too close. The cats make the stock exhaust run HOT. Get a pair of slip -ons. Any will do the job.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit FasterThanStink's homepage. 
bgchkn

Novice Class
posted May 19, 2008 06:53 PM        
There does not appear to be a large price difference between slip on's and full. Is there a performance difference?
  Ignore this member   
bgchkn

Novice Class
posted May 19, 2008 07:50 PM        
I have kind of narrowed it down....Muzzy M10, Muzzy 4-2 CF, Yoshimura R77 or TRC (either in CF). Any advice or comments from anyone?
  Ignore this member   
NinjaNick

Needs a job
'08 ZX14 (Blue)
posted May 19, 2008 07:54 PM        
full pipe is a HUGE performance gain from just a slip-on bgchkn. Go with full system and PC for the win!
  Ignore this member   
bgchkn

Novice Class
posted May 19, 2008 07:59 PM        
I likely will not be pulling my flies (at least for a while) will it still make that much of a difference?
  Ignore this member   
stevewfl

posted May 19, 2008 08:12 PM        Edited By: stevewfl on 19 May 2008 20:12
quote:
I likely will not be pulling my flies (at least for a while) will it still make that much of a difference?

YES.

I ran mine forever with full system flies in before finally taking them out. Flies in or out only matters on the lower RPMs any way.
CBR600RR track bike

Ignore this member   
Sticks_n_Stones

Needs a job
posted May 20, 2008 09:40 AM        Edited By: Sticks_n_Stones on 20 May 2008 09:42
quote:
I really need to dump the Fender.

Yes, you do. Look at my avatar for the proper 14 rearend look. Need to update it though, got diff. mufflers now.

Damn those are some nice looking and matching bags. I'm afraid to ask, but how much did they cost you? From where?
Flies out K&N in!
bits n pieces...

Ignore this member   
vtxtc

Parking Attendant
posted May 20, 2008 01:08 PM        
You are so right this bike makes a great true sport tourer. I have installed the heli bar risers, replaced pegs with buell pegs lowering about 1 1/2 inches,corbin/sargent seat, mirror extenders,flip lip windscreen from MRA in germany, even installed kuryakyn iso cruiser grips, corbin hard bags and a tank bag. also installed a 6.5 inch spal fan with toggle switch to control temp in heavy traffic,and kawasaki factory center stand which makes everything easier and yes I kept the ugky rear fender as this bike rides through rain and snow here in norcal.. I have done numerous 12 hour runs and love this machine. Have a great time.
  Ignore this member   
bgchkn

Novice Class
posted May 20, 2008 05:51 PM        
Thanks Sticks, They look good on but I cant run the bike with out damaging the bags. They are now off the bike. The bags/seat came from Kawi dealer in Montana and the price was the same as the Corbin web site ($1,899.00 Bags). As for the cost....... seat and bags $2,777.00 + 130.00 in Gas + $450 Shopping (I took the wife, My portion was about $100.00) + 236.00 for duty and taxes = $3,593.00 + the exhaust melting the bags = PRICELESS. Sticks I got no money left for a Fender eliminator let alone new exhaust. It would now been just as cheap to have bought the Concours.
vtxtc is there any type of heat shield on the bottom of your Corbin bags? I cant believe I am the only one that has had this problem.
I stopped at a bike shop to discuss new exhaust and the dealer thought the blow back from the exhaust alone could warp the bags. This sounds unbelievable, the Corbin site shows the stock exhaust as working with the bags. With a different exhaust at the half way point of the bottom of the bag he felt the blow from the exhaust could cause a problem. It is becoming a little depressing.
I am still waiting to here from the dealer to see if they could resolve anything with Corbin. At this point I am leaving it up to them. I am not sure what the solution would be, I want the bags but I want them to work. Even if they took them back and refunded my money I would be out the Duty, Taxes and Gas. Best case (best of the worst)I spend even more money and get new exhaust that works with the bags or try to get the stock cans re-fabricated and dropped about and inch, save some money and buy new exhaust in the future.

Ignore this member   
bgchkn

Novice Class
posted May 20, 2008 05:58 PM        
vtxtc...any chance of a photo? Would love to see what you' ve done. I would also like to see the clearance between your bags and exhaust. PM would be fine if ok. Also, through snow.... you nuts. My first ride this year there was still a bit of snow, The roads looked fine and it was about +6 I came around my corner and hit ice. The back end went out from under me. Thank goodness for frame sliders, only minor damage. Never again.
  Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 2 pages long: 1  2   ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Corbin Bags + Exhaust NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2011 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.611257076263 seconds processing time