HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: My new 07 ZX-14 SE NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
Thread: My new 07 ZX-14 SE
lowcel

Expert Class
Happy on 2 wheels.
posted April 20, 2008 06:54 AM        
My new 07 ZX-14 SE

Hello everyone, I just discovered the forum and I have to say it seems like a cool place to hang out. Hopefully I will be around quite a bit in the future.

Anyway, here is my new toy. I picked it up on Friday, traded in an 07 ZX6R. I must say, this bike is everything I imagined and then some. I'm not sure what all I will be doing to it but a fender eliminator and a new windshield are in the very near future.

2007 Z14 SE - Yoshimura TRC full race exhaust w/ carbon can - PCiii w/ map from HPC - Flies removed - Pipercross air filter - Speedohealer - Puig Double Bubble - Fender Eliminator - GPR Steering Damper - Puig Frame Sliders - HID's - Halo's

Ignore this member   
jdzx14

Expert Class
posted April 20, 2008 06:57 AM        
Sweet bike man, i ride with a buddie with the same bike, he is on here all the time. I didnt like that bike at first, but once i seen it in person....wow...the pearl in the paint is beautifull. Do you plan on lowering it or streching it? It looks so good slammed and streched. Anyway welcome!!!!

Ignore this member   
lowcel

Expert Class
Happy on 2 wheels.
posted April 20, 2008 07:02 AM        
Thanks. I didn't think I would care for the paint but once I saw it in person I changed my mind. On top of that it was the last 07 they had in stock so that kind of sealed the deal. As of right now I don't plan on lowering or stretching it. I live in WV and we have a lot of curvey roads that I enjoy riding. Never know what the future holds though. Once I pay it off, hopefully by the end of summer, I may start playing around with it some. It will be easier to get the wifes permission then.
2007 Z14 SE - Yoshimura TRC full race exhaust w/ carbon can - PCiii w/ map from HPC - Flies removed - Pipercross air filter - Speedohealer - Puig Double Bubble - Fender Eliminator - GPR Steering Damper - Puig Frame Sliders - HID's - Halo's

Ignore this member   
lowcel

Expert Class
Happy on 2 wheels.
posted April 20, 2008 10:46 AM        
Has anyone else had a vibration (noise) between 4,200 and 5,000 rpms? It is somewhere in the cockpit but I haven't been able to track it down. It is extremely annoying.

Ignore this member   
bigdtd

Needs a job
Interceptors
posted April 20, 2008 11:17 AM        Edited By: bigdtd on 20 Apr 2008 11:20
it is the tipover sensor. they all rattle. if you take off the windsheild you will see and hear what i mean on the right side facing front above the tach. i have an aftermarket pipe(brocks smeg) that makes enough noise with the helmet on it is not noticeable. if it bugs you, you can wrap some dynamat or other insulation around it and tape it up to minimize the noise.
2006 Black ZX-14,6 inches over,16/42, flies out,BMC Street Filter,Brock's Street Meg,Brock's Radial Mount Strap,PClll with Race map,Dynojet LCD w/Techmount, ZX-14 fender eliminator,Pilot Power2CTs,Speedohealer,Pazzo Levers,Cox Radiator Guard, Garmin Nuvi 265WT

Ignore this member   
lowcel

Expert Class
Happy on 2 wheels.
posted April 20, 2008 11:38 AM        
Great, thank you! I plan on getting a new windscreen in a few days so I will take care of it then.

Ignore this member   
stevewfl

posted April 20, 2008 12:03 PM        
hi and congrats on the sweet ride!
CBR600RR track bike

Ignore this member   
billeason

Zone Head
posted April 20, 2008 02:15 PM        
I'M with jdzx14, when i first saw the 07 se i did not like it,but in person wow what a beauty. I was at jason millers this friday and there was a guy with one stretched and lowered for drag racing. Man that was a mean looking bike! I really like the red in the wheels'' and thats what i thought i disliked the most. Great bike man, welcome aboard.... Bill....

Ignore this member   
icetee

Expert Class
posted April 20, 2008 04:21 PM        
welcome lowcel...your bike looks great.....you will pick-up a lot of good info here....

Ignore this member   
All times are PST(US) < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: My new 07 ZX-14 SE NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

Copyright 2000-2011 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.215131998062 seconds processing time