HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: UNBELIEVABLE DEAL may be wifes next bike NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
BlackMagic14

Needs a job
posted February 07, 2008 09:59 PM        
UNBELIEVABLE DEAL may be wifes next bike

Ok guys just a little tidbit of info. Last week or so I have been planning on getting my wife a new ducatti 848 for her VERY OWN bike. but today I found a buddy of mine who is like 50 something is selling his bike. It is a 2001 GSXR 1000 with 7500 miles SUPER CLEAN!!!! all service records never raced never been down. here is the good part though Bike has a brand new set of Mareschini (sp) magnesium wheels AND a brand new set of SATO rearsets a full micron exhaust power commander OHLINS front forks and rear shock. Brand new pilot power 2ct's AND an extra complete motor in fine working order.

THE BEST PART THE MAN ONLY WANTS 4500 DOLLARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I almost fell out of my chair so I am going this weekend to look at the bike taking CASH and the best part is all the stock parts are included so my plan is to put the bike back to stock sell the wheels the rearsets the motor and the forks and rear shock and have a super clean 01 1000 for practically nothing so if anyone wants some wheels or forks or anything for a GSXR let me know.

AND NO I AINT GIVING NO ONE HIS PHONE NUMBER THIS DEAL IS MINE

Ignore this member   
Tool Man

Needs a job
posted February 08, 2008 01:20 AM        
Wake up...

Ignore this member   
duncan

Expert Class
posted February 08, 2008 05:14 AM        
That deal sounds to good to be true. Are you sure it's lagit? If so jump on it.
  Ignore this member   
dubious

Needs a life
Needs more time to ride!
posted February 08, 2008 07:24 AM        
You shouldn't advertise what you paid for all that!
Everyone will want a part of your margin!

Ignore this member   
Sticks_n_Stones

Needs a job
posted February 08, 2008 07:41 AM        
quote:
You shouldn't advertise what you paid for all that!
Everyone will want a part of your margin!

Exactly my thought too. NEVER talk about a deal like that until after you have completed it/sold the parts off. Sucks to not be able to tell you friends about it, but I've learned that lesson...
Flies out K&N in!
bits n pieces...

Ignore this member   
Ojref

Expert Class
posted February 08, 2008 08:00 AM        
Some Nigerian is about to 0wn you hard brosier.

Ignore this member   
Tool Man

Needs a job
posted February 08, 2008 08:37 AM        
quote:
Some Nigerian is about to 0wn you hard brosier.

True dat

Ignore this member   
stevewfl

posted February 08, 2008 09:11 AM        
Nigerian Parrot scam in forum "Sport Bike Chat", and fish has several scammers on the hook he's playing:

http://www.bikeland.org/board/viewthread.php?FID=24&TID=36798&set_time=
CBR600RR track bike

Ignore this member   
Tool Man

Needs a job
posted February 08, 2008 12:20 PM        Edited By: Tool Man on 8 Feb 2008 12:21
Dear BM... I also have a wonderfull bike for sale.

It is a 2001 GSXR 1000 with 7500 miles SUPER CLEAN!!!! all service records never raced never been down. here is the good part though Bike has a brand new set of Mareschini (sp) magnesium wheels AND a brand new set of SATO rearsets a full micron exhaust power commander OHLINS front forks and rear shock. Brand new pilot power 2ct's AND an extra complete motor in fine working order.
THE BEST PART THE I DA TOOLMAN ONLY WANT 4500 DOLLARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I live in Arizona, because of the discounted rate I will need the money up front so I can pay for the FREE SHIPPING as well..

Please send the money order or cashiers check payable to Tool man at Suckerborneverysecond@bigcox.com :d

Please hurry as many people also want this bike, it is first come first to lose. :P

Ignore this member   
BlackMagic14

Needs a job
posted February 08, 2008 02:00 PM        
LMAO I aint worried about posting on here how many of you guys are gonna buy any old gsxr parts LOL and I aint worried about someone stealing the deal cause the bike is only for sale to local people the man doesnt want to sell the bike to anyone but people he knows. As far as people getting in on my margin GOOD LUCK! I am super excited about this, If I didnt know the guy and wouldnt want to go shady on him I would buy it part it out then sell the bike for 4500 stock and make me a few thousand for my trouble but I aint gonna do that. I may sell the bike when the 848 is released though I think that will be fair. Anyone want to buy a set of GSXR Marreschini wheels? 1000 plus shipping with tires there yours!!!
  Ignore this member   
Sticks_n_Stones

Needs a job
posted February 08, 2008 02:06 PM        
damn man, if I still had my TLR i would take those wheels off you! You're 2 weeks too late. You might want to try PNWRiders, and Craigslist. And charging at least $1200. Trust me, guys are getting ready for riding season right about now. Nice timing.
Flies out K&N in!
bits n pieces...

Ignore this member   
BlackMagic14

Needs a job
posted February 08, 2008 02:23 PM        
My wife just called me she just picked up the bike. She is Stopping off at a guy I knows house to drop off the wheels he offered me 1300 cash so as of right now before I got the bike home I own a clean 01 GSXR 1000 with an extra motor and ohlins suspension all around for 3200 bucks. I am picking up the motor tommorrow from the mans house I talked to a buddy of mine a few minutes ago when my wife called he wants the motor for 800 I am taking it to his house tommorrow so that will mean i will own the bike for 2400 anybody have any ideas as to what a fair price for the ohlins suspension and the rearsets would be?? had a guy tell me he would give me 500 for the rear shock(that seemed a little low?)this is a full roadrace shock with external controls and all not a drag shock it is tuned for a 200lb rider. I was thik 200 for the rearsets does that sound like a fair price?
  Ignore this member   
stevewfl

posted February 08, 2008 02:57 PM        
how much you want for the front forks?
CBR600RR track bike

Ignore this member   
BlackMagic14

Needs a job
posted February 08, 2008 03:23 PM        
Steve if they are for you tell me what is fair if for someone you know tell me what you think they will pay...
  Ignore this member   
warbird

Needs a job
posted February 08, 2008 04:27 PM        
What kind of Ohlins forks? R/T's? And what year are they? Do they have Radial caliper mounts? Those things will affect the value. Looks like you made a good deal............that's for sure. The reach to the handlebars will be the most important factor whether or not your wife will be comfortable on the bike. 01/02 GSXR1000's have a LONG reach to the bars............my wifes only complaint when she bought her's new in 2001.

Ignore this member   
stevewfl

posted February 08, 2008 04:38 PM        
quote:
Steve if they are for you tell me what is fair if for someone you know tell me what you think they will pay...

I really wouldn't know what to offer. give me the model # or size tubes and such and I'll see if the gix Ohlins are compatible with mine.

suspension/weight/brakes is where its at on a litre bike, can't believe you want to part with those suspension parts and sweet wheels
CBR600RR track bike

Ignore this member   
BlackMagic14

Needs a job
posted February 08, 2008 06:53 PM        
EVERYTHING IS SOLD!!!! sold the forks and shock to a guy a little while ago for 1800 for both. I have 600 in the bike now may keep the rearsets. Steve this bike will never touch the track and my wife will prolly only ride it once a week (she is so busy) there is no need to have all that high dollar eqipment on the bike. Bike for sale. 3800 NICE CLEAN GSXR 1000 anyone interested.
  Ignore this member   
BlackMagic14

Needs a job
posted February 08, 2008 06:55 PM        
JUST KIDDING keeping the bike for a while lol
  Ignore this member   
bigwillie3236

Expert Class
posted February 09, 2008 01:13 PM        
If everything checks out you got a great deal! Do you have any pics of the bike?
  Ignore this member   
BlackMagic14

Needs a job
posted February 09, 2008 06:17 PM        
Dropped off the motor today so now everything is sold. I will get some pics tommorow if I remember my wife was parking lot riding all day practicing I set up some cones and had her doing slow U-turns and slaloms all day she is getting better. She has ridden my ZX10 a couple of times for short burst SO I thought I would take her out and let her get in some good practice
  Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: UNBELIEVABLE DEAL may be wifes next bike NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2014 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.836639881134 seconds processing time