HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Speedometer Faceplate NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
makennaellen

Novice Class
posted December 27, 2007 06:32 PM        Edited By: makennaellen on 27 Dec 2007 17:33
Speedometer Faceplate

I have been looking with no luck so I figured I would ask here.

I am looking to replace my speedometer gauge faceplate and here's the reason. I live in Canada so i need a speedo in KPH, but I also ride in the States and my current speedo doesn't have MPH on it. Does anyone know where I can purchase a replacement faceplate that shows both the MPH and KPH on it? I am looking for something resembling something like the photo below.

Ignore this member   
Ranast

Novice Class
posted December 27, 2007 07:23 PM        
I think all of the U.S. bikes come with gauges similar to the one you posted (only they have a white face plate).

I looked up OEM gauges and only found the entire gauge cluster for sale ($465.00) . You might want to check out a salvage yard to see if you can find the gauge set on a crashed bike.

I also looked around for after market gauges and found some on ebay but they don't list both MPH and KPH.

Ignore this member   
kc jr 54

Expert Class
Fat Guy
posted December 28, 2007 02:39 AM        
The black faces shown above are for the Concours14 and white ones are for the US14s. Personally i am going to go with the Concours face plates one day.

The ones you see on ebay can be completely customized. Just contact the seller and ask them. Color, text, everything.

Ignore this member   
jarhead

Expert Class
posted December 28, 2007 03:46 AM        
I agree, the Concours guages do look a bit better.
  Ignore this member   
port_angeles_ninja

Expert Class
posted December 28, 2007 03:02 PM        
If you go the used route, make sure it is from a low mile bike. The mileage goes with the meter unit.

Ignore this member   
makenna

Expert Class
posted March 20, 2008 05:58 PM        
I just received my face plates from Speedhut that I ordered, as was suggested. I have to say the workmanship is quite nice. If anyone else is thinking they need or want something like this I would go the route of getting aftermarket add ons like this.

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Speedometer Faceplate NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2011 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.627435922623 seconds processing time