HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Brocks Smeg Vs Muzzy Sidewinder NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
Thread: Brocks Smeg Vs Muzzy Sidewinder [ This thread is 2 pages long: 1  2     Next» ]
smokinZX14

Needs a life
posted January 29, 2007 09:51 PM        Edited By: smokinZX14 on 29 Jan 2007 21:31
Brocks Smeg Vs Muzzy Sidewinder

This is not a test to see what pipe makes the most power. But i will let you all know what the bike does with the Sidewinder Vs the Smeg . I had to go to a sidewinder because i burnt my boot and pant leg of my leathers pretty bad with the Brocks Smeg . THIS IS NOT A Brocks pipe problem, This is because i'm having problems with my 51 year old legs and can't get them back on the pegs after i launch the bike ... My Leg and foot end up right behind the exhaust pipe and the exhaust has burnt my boot plus my leathers on that side of the bike .. So i got a killer deal on a Muzzy Sidewinder . My thinking is the sidewinder is so low that my foot will not even come close to the end of the exhaust ..
Brocks pipe is one of the best pipes i have ever owned and i hate to remove it but i don't need my foot turned to BBQ ...My hope is that the sidewinder make as much HP as the Smeg , i don't really care if the sidewinder makes more HP just as long as it makes the same HP i'll be fine with that ..
The Brocks pipe was so easy to install and just as easy to remove ....The Muzzy was the worst pipe i have ever installed, I have put on 100 sets 426 hemi headers over the years and hemi headers are the worst you would ever have to install in a car....The Sidewinder made the hemi headers look easy.... The fit of this header was just awful but i did get them installed and only lost a little blood doing so but i did use a few words that i have not used in awhile ..It would have been nice if Muzzy included a template with the header to cut the lower cowl ... The header bolts are a snap to get to on the Brocks pipe but on the Muzzy you better have pleanty of extra tools and very very small hands .. After it was all said and done it looks pretty good and sounds good to, a bit louder but that ok it's mostly a drag bike anyway.. I don't know but Brocks sidewinder maybe just as hard to install but i would hope the fit to be better ...
I'll be testing this Weds night and we will see what happens ..My best 1/8 passes with the Smeg was 5.70 @ 126 .Now i need to go look for some Bandaids...

Ignore this member   
SteddyTeddy

Pro
posted January 30, 2007 11:28 AM        
Your just trying to stay ahead of a certain other 14 that comes to the track. We'll see how it does tomorrow night.
  Ignore this member   
smokinZX14

Needs a life
posted January 30, 2007 01:53 PM        
quote:
Your just trying to stay ahead of a certain other 14 that comes to the track. We'll see how it does tomorrow night.
I guess you didn't hear>>> she put N20 on it..... And i'm not going to spray mine till you get a little closer and what will be awhile ...lol

Ignore this member   
SteddyTeddy

Pro
posted January 30, 2007 03:08 PM        
Didn't hear about that! You better start saving for a kit now.
  Ignore this member   
stevewfl

posted January 30, 2007 04:41 PM        
lmao @ ya'll.

And are you all talking about firestarter by chance.

Oh and Smokin' I'd rather resolve the problem by cutting my foot off rather than ever replacing my Brock's exhaust with a Muzzy hehehehe
CBR600RR track bike

Ignore this member   
brent davis

Zone Head
posted January 30, 2007 05:00 PM        
smokin', good luck tomorrow but if you have time, see if that girl will let you take a under shot picture of her air tank. LOL I hope that sounded right.

Ignore this member   
Nelson Taylor

Zone Head
posted January 30, 2007 08:14 PM        
You better go faster with that Sidewinder Smokin.
How much louder is the sidewinder over the SMEG?

Ignore this member    Click here to visit Nelson Taylor's homepage. 
smokinZX14

Needs a life
posted January 30, 2007 09:12 PM        
quote:
You better go faster with that Sidewinder Smokin.
How much louder is the sidewinder over the SMEG?
It's louder...It doesn't have the deep sweet sound of the Smeg ...It's a little more high pitched..It will ring your ears if you rev it up....It's not something i would want to run around town with...

Ignore this member   
smokinZX14

Needs a life
posted January 30, 2007 09:31 PM        
I might add this about the sidewiner it's a RACE pipe....It has a 4 to 1 collector and the pipes are not stepped like the Smeg ... You can tell from the looks and collector that this pipe was ment for Hi RPMs ...I'm sure it will have some low end loss at least below 5000 RPMs .But i'm never that low in the RPM band to worry about any loses... This pipe should pick up some HP in the Very Upper RPM band .. I noticed the Brockes Sidewinder is a 4 .2 .1 type like the Smeg and may not lose as much Lower RPM grunt .. The thing that i don't get is the Muzzy sidewinder has a smaller head pipe as well as a smaller Mid pipe .... The baffle is also a bit smaller ..Maybe with the smaller Head pipes it may not lose any bottom end power ...The only way to know is take it to the track and find out...I know of two bikes with a Muzzy sidewinder , one it a bit quicker than mine and the other runs the same as mine does with the Smeg ..That why i think there will be little or no gain over the Smeg ... I wish Muzzy would weigh in and tell us why the pipe is made the way it is ..and what was his focuse was while building this pipe ...

Ignore this member   
BlackMagic14

Needs a job
posted January 30, 2007 10:24 PM        
Smokin... Why didnt you get the Brocks Sidewinder!!!!!??
  Ignore this member   
smokinZX14

Needs a life
posted January 31, 2007 07:06 AM        
quote:
Smokin... Why didnt you get the Brocks Sidewinder!!!!!??
600 hundred reasons $

Ignore this member   
BlackMagic14

Needs a job
posted January 31, 2007 03:57 PM        
Like my old mechanic used to say when I would bitch that my 580 HP 87 silverado wouldnt run LOW 10's "Speed is a Matter of MONEY YOU CAN GO AS FAST AS YOU WANNA GO"
  Ignore this member   
bigdtd

Needs a job
Interceptors
posted January 31, 2007 08:37 PM        
you should lend the old meg end to steve so he can feel the power
2006 Black ZX-14,6 inches over,16/42, flies out,BMC Street Filter,Brock's Street Meg,Brock's Radial Mount Strap,PClll with Race map,Dynojet LCD w/Techmount, ZX-14 fender eliminator,Pilot Power2CTs,Speedohealer,Pazzo Levers,Cox Radiator Guard, Garmin Nuvi 265WT

Ignore this member   
smokinZX14

Needs a life
posted January 31, 2007 09:13 PM        Edited By: smokinZX14 on 31 Jan 2007 20:16
Upate .....Muzzy Sidewinder Vs Brocks Street Meg. My first run off the trailer with a very soft leave 5.69 @ 126.25. The Muzzy pipe has a very smooth power band with no peeky feelings.The Brocks Smeg really seems to hit hard around 7 grand but you don't feel that with the Muzzy pipe.. I'm pretty sure i know why >> All my faster runs with the Smeg were done with the air filter Removed and U4 fuel ...I had put the filter back in a few days ago and forgot i had done so... The Brocks map calls for filter out and mr9 or U4 fuel... Like i said my fastest runs were all done with filter out and you can feel the difference in power with the filter removed ...I ran 2 more times but spun hard both runs.. The track was not hooking very good and that happens alot at our 1/8 track ..My best pass at this 1/8 mile track was 5.82 @ 125 , so my 5.69 pass was my best ever at this 1/8 mile track.. But at our good 1/4 mile track i have run 5.70 @ 126 .. So even with the air filter in place on a bad track i still ran my fastest 1/8 pass ever.... I'm very happy that i didn't slow down with the pipe change and once i get down to our 1/4 mile track i should see a new best ET and MPH in both 1/8 and 1/4 mile numbers with the air filter removed ....Brocks pipe is second to none in my book and the fit and finish is top notch ...Muzzy fit and finish is not the best but makes great power ... I should note that comparing the two pipes is hard to do because the Muzzy is an all out race pipe while the Brocks Smeg is a street and strip pipe.... Brocks Sidewinder may match or even make more power but i don't have one to test.... I'll let you all know what it runs in the 1/4 mile as soon as i can get down there ...Smokin..

Ignore this member   
nightmare

Pro
ACP Racing
posted January 31, 2007 09:46 PM        
So my question is what are you doing with the smeg? Also are you airshifting automatically and the girl, is she from south Carolina cause there is one here with a blue 14 spraying and she is nothing to be playing with.
ACP Racing

Ignore this member    Click here to visit nightmare's homepage. 
smokinZX14

Needs a life
posted January 31, 2007 09:56 PM        
quote:
So my question is what are you doing with the smeg? Also are you airshifting automatically and the girl, is she from south Carolina cause there is one here with a blue 14 spraying and she is nothing to be playing with.
I'm holding the Smeg for another member that wants it ...I have an air shifter but it's not an auto yet ....And no she is from Tampa FL and you don't want to mess with her either....

Ignore this member   
stevewfl

posted January 31, 2007 11:01 PM        
quote:
And no she is from Tampa FL and you don't want to mess with her either....

She goes faster on her horse than i can make my 14 go.
CBR600RR track bike

Ignore this member   
Brent Davis

Zone Head
posted February 01, 2007 04:26 AM        
Although this is not a ZX-14, from Brock's site the 1397 Busa, the SMEG made 5 HP more than the Muzzy sidewinder but made the smae peak TQ. The Brock sidewinder made 6 HP more than the Muzzy sidewinder.

Smokin' man, great numbers again. The consistancy of getting faster and faster is great news to know, especially when you are shring that info as well as Brock. Thanks fo that.

Ignore this member   
ninjaboy311

Zone Head
posted February 11, 2007 10:53 AM        Edited By: ninjaboy311 on 11 Feb 2007 09:54
I love the power and sound from my Muzzys sidewinder. I admit is was a bitch to get the headers together, but it was worth it.

Here's my fastest pass ever to date with me on it weighing 207 unsuited, right lane #4023....

Naarden Speedlinks Sponsored Rider

Schnitz Racing Sponsored Rider

8.74 @ 152 on stock motor and MR9 (Muzzy Powered), 205 lbs suited

Ignore this member    Click here to visit ninjaboy311's homepage. 
brent davis

Zone Head
posted February 11, 2007 11:13 AM        
At only 149 MPH! Did you let out of it? Still a great pass and you haven't been in the motor right?

Ignore this member   
ninjaboy311

Zone Head
posted February 11, 2007 11:30 AM        
quote:
At only 149 MPH! Did you let out of it? Still a great pass and you haven't been in the motor right?

No, I didn't get out of the throttle. That's always been my MPH, I think because of my weight, because I let my boy ride it one time and he went 126 in the 1/8th and 154 in the 1/4, he weighs 150 lbs. Whereas I go 123 in the 1/8th and 149-150 in the 1/4 and I weigh 207.

BlackMagic14

Needs a job
posted February 12, 2007 08:34 PM        
Ninjaboy How long is your bike 68"
  Ignore this member   
stevewfl

posted February 12, 2007 10:16 PM        
quote:
you should lend the old meg end to steve so he can feel the power

lmao I just read this. ya, he should !
CBR600RR track bike

Ignore this member   
ninjaboy311

Zone Head
posted February 13, 2007 05:58 AM        
quote:
Ninjaboy How long is your bike 68"

69", and to answer Brent's question, No I have not been in the motor, not even to change the plugs yet nor the clutches.

lee

Novice Class
Dirt is fun too
posted February 13, 2007 09:53 AM        
That's one sharp lookin bike Ninjaboy!!!
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit Lee's homepage. 
All times are PST(US) [ This thread is 2 pages long: 1  2     Next» ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Brocks Smeg Vs Muzzy Sidewinder NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

Copyright 2000-2011 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.328274011612 seconds processing time