HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: sprocket change NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
icetee

Expert Class
posted January 26, 2007 10:45 AM        
sprocket change

I've been reading the forum it has been very helpful, question where do you hook-up the speedohealer after you change the front sprocket?

Ignore this member   
shawnski

Pro
posted January 26, 2007 10:50 AM        Edited By: shawnski on 26 Jan 2007 10:50
someone here mentioned it recently that you can hook it up any place you want, it has long cable. i think he put his under seat area.
what did you change it to? i did put 16/42 on mine. it was a beast.

Ignore this member   
ninja14

Pro
posted January 26, 2007 10:52 AM        
It goes in line between the front gear sensor and ECU.......very simple. Then you ride and calibrate until you get it how you want it. One the 14 the ODO and speedo have diff error percentages. The speedo is off about 8% and the ODO is almost perfect.
  Ignore this member   
ninja14

Pro
posted January 26, 2007 10:54 AM        
I do believe 16/42 (or the ratio it gives) is about the limit if you want the gear position indicator to work properly. I have 16/43 and the correction % throws the indicator off in gears 4/5/6.
  Ignore this member   
icetee

Expert Class
posted January 26, 2007 11:16 AM        
sprocket

right now I'm changing the front to a 16 tooth, I've noticed that a lot of other riders have also raised the rear two teeth. Does that make the bike harder to launch? It already is a BEAST..

Ignore this member   
ninja14

Pro
posted January 26, 2007 11:24 AM        Edited By: ninja14 on 26 Jan 2007 11:26
Stick w/ the 16 for now. Moving up in the back makes it crazy........bad news if you don't have good throttle control. ....and will affect you runs on the big end of the track if you drag race.
  Ignore this member   
icetee

Expert Class
posted January 26, 2007 11:29 AM        
What pipe do recomend for the 14? Some of my racing friends swear by the brock pipe, others say stick with the muzzy, any ideas?

Ignore this member   
ninja14

Pro
posted January 26, 2007 12:19 PM        
The truth about pipes is that you will most likely never be able to tell the diff for most street riding.

Buy what you like by price, looks and sound.......

Ignore this member   
MasterBlaster

Expert Class
posted January 26, 2007 01:30 PM        
I mounted mine right in front of the triple below the guages. Out of the way and easy to reach the button....TB
  Ignore this member   
ninja14

Pro
posted January 26, 2007 02:12 PM        
I have the "yellow-box" type...no button

Ignore this member   
ZXGRIFF

Expert Class
posted January 26, 2007 11:16 PM        
What is with the metal bracket behind the tank support? My bike does not have that..
  Ignore this member   
ninja14

Pro
posted January 27, 2007 12:15 AM        Edited By: ninja14 on 27 Jan 2007 00:15
CA model - the evap canister used to be there, but a lot of stuff changed for the tubro install - which includes an electronic boost controller, water injection controller, water injection flow safety control box, timing retard box and a wide band......plus other goodies...
  Ignore this member   
ZXGRIFF

Expert Class
posted January 27, 2007 08:01 AM        
Nice!...By the way, what kind of shoe horn are you using to get all that under there? Wish I had the funds for that kind of project.....I'm on a bit of a budget so I'm thinking N2O.
  Ignore this member   
ninja14

Pro
posted January 27, 2007 01:10 PM        
quote:
Nice!...By the way, what kind of shoe horn are you using to get all that under there? Wish I had the funds for that kind of project.....I'm on a bit of a budget so I'm thinking N2O.

The stuff is spread out all over the bike - not under the seat only - that would be a trick....

My basic kit providing about 200RWHP should come in under $3500........still working on it.

Ignore this member   
ZXGRIFF

Expert Class
posted January 28, 2007 06:00 PM        Edited By: ZXGRIFF on 28 Jan 2007 18:03
200HP? Turbo? I thought it would be much more HP.
  Ignore this member   
phytrax

Zone Head
posted February 16, 2007 08:48 AM        
I still say go UP one tooth on the front will be a better choice for most people. Maybe you need lower gears if you're extending the swingarm, but with 18t on the front, you correct the speedo, gear indicator works, and I can throttle the front wheel up in 2nd gear (with some effort), which is pretty good since I'm 240 suited. Sure, the 16t is going to make the bike "feel" more powerful, but if you just drive one gear lower than normal you get the same effect on the street, and then some. I know a lot of people will disagree with me, but I'm very happy with the performance and driveability of the 18t sprocket.
RIP+ZX-14- Brock's Gen3, Heli Risers, Corbin Bags, Corbin Seat and Oval Backrest (Burgandy Snakeskin and black alligator), Muzzys Frame Sliders, flies out, 18t front sprocket, PC3, Puig Double Bubble, Pirelli Diablo Strada's
KX450F - kickstand
>>> MySpace --CLICK-- <<<

Ignore this member    Click here to visit Phytrax's homepage. 
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: sprocket change NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2023 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.21197819709778 seconds processing time