HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: sold the zx14 today. NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
shawnski

Pro
posted January 05, 2007 03:52 PM        Edited By: shawnski on 5 Jan 2007 18:27
sold the zx14 today.

well folks i just said goodby to my beautiful 06 blue zx14 today. it is sold, gone, .
getting black 07, put a deposit on it, it will be first week of Feb. everyone got the white one for the first shipment, hardly any black ones. one dealer has one ask alot for it. i guess with winter i can wait a month. i guess i sold mine pretty chip but they are alot of 06 new ones out there and thay are selling for 9900 . my rear tire was bad shape too.

the only thing i do different on my 07 will be brock megaphone instead of muzzy to see the difference.i would still have p/c 3 and no flies and 16/41 gear like the 06.

is it Feb. yet :P

Ignore this member   
1badzx12r

Needs a life
posted January 05, 2007 04:14 PM        
you must like throwing money away

Ignore this member   
fas550

Novice Class
posted January 05, 2007 04:31 PM        
Just curious why you didn't just get it painted.? Would have been cheaper and it probably would not affect the resale being black although myself I never consider resale as I prefer to enjoy the vehicle as I like it.
  Ignore this member   
shawnski

Pro
posted January 05, 2007 04:51 PM        
i really like the black 07 paint job and silver rims, i get a new bike every year, put 4000 miles on it and sell it. i have been doing it for a long time and believe me i am not rich but i get tired of same bike after a while and like to treat myself with a new one. i don't believe in painting the bike becuase i think it hurts resale value because people think it has been wrecked. i did not care much about brown rims either, so i have to get that painted too. excellent paint job is not cheap.
on top of that i sure like to try the brocks megaphone.
so bottomline i gave myself all kind of excuses so i can buy a new one.
this does not make sense to some of you guys but it does to me.
the good thing is i am buying another zx14, that is all matters.

Ignore this member   
TeamSpeed

Expert Class
posted January 05, 2007 04:56 PM        
So what is approx. trade on a one year old busa killer?
  Ignore this member   
Gary B

Expert Class
posted January 05, 2007 04:59 PM        
You may not be rich, but you sure do piss away a LOT of money!! Care to share with us how much you had invested in the 06 14 and how much you got for it? btw....good choice on going with the black!!!
  Ignore this member   
shawnski

Pro
posted January 05, 2007 05:04 PM        
i sold my for 8500 dollars, the retail is about 9000, my rear tire was gone. a little harder to sell around winter time. the guy who bought it could get a new 06 for 9900+ttl or get mine for 8500 with accessories. i am pretty sure he got a good deal.
  Ignore this member   
shawnski

Pro
posted January 05, 2007 05:13 PM        
quote:
You may not be rich, but you sure do piss away a LOT of money!! Care to share with us how much you had invested in the 06 14 and how much you got for it? btw....good choice on going with the black!!!

paid 11800 drive out including muzzy can. p/c3 no flies 16/41 sprocket. puts it at 12300.

sold for 8500. i guess you can figure the rest.

Ignore this member   
Bently

Needs a life
2012 14r In Blue and no Mods!
posted January 05, 2007 05:26 PM        
I can understanding wanting something new each year but your right ,makes no sense to me to get rid of one 14 and buy another 14, I could see getting a different bike each year I usally do as well.
  Ignore this member   
iflyzx14

Parking Attendant
posted January 05, 2007 05:31 PM        
quote:
i get a new bike every year, put 4000 miles on it and sell it

At 4K per bike I'd own 6 bikes a year lol

Ignore this member   
smokinZX14

Needs a life
posted January 05, 2007 07:38 PM        
I like to get a new bike every two years. Selling the old one is hard, they look great and have low miles but no one will buy from me because how i use them.. So i trade mine back to the dealer ...lol ...If a new Faster Busa comes in 08 i will get one...If the new Busa is just so so i will get a 08 zx14 ... Smokin

Ignore this member   
HiMile14

Expert Class
posted January 05, 2007 08:24 PM        
SKI,
Don't worry about what others think. I try to keep my bike for 4 years or so before getting rid of it.

Sometimes I do a quick Number check and figure I have a solid 30 years before I have to start looking at the scoots of the time. That comes to 7-8 more new bikes before then and I really like to bring that number up and hopefully I will.

Also your thinking does not work to good for me...I had almost 6000 miles on the 14 after the first 4 weeks....another reason to keep her no one wants to buy a bike with 80,000 miles plus on her.

Rob
ZX-17,148 miles
VFR 86,792 miles

2007 I will try to take it easy on the 14, still I'll bet she will see 12-15000 miles. The VFR will see the other 10,000 miles.

Ignore this member   
Tool man

Needs a job
posted January 05, 2007 08:48 PM        
I tend to keep mine 5 or more years, Just before I bought the 14 I sold my '90 ninja zx10
stiil in pretty good shape for a 16 year old bike.I had a Road King and a ZRX too so it did not hvae that many miles on it. The guy who bought it was amazed how nice it was, if you keep them long enough the price starts going back up :d LOL

Ignore this member   
stevewfl

posted January 05, 2007 11:06 PM        
quote:
I like to get a new bike every two years. Selling the old one is hard, they look great and have low miles but no one will buy from me because how i use them.. So i trade mine back to the dealer ...lol ...If a new Faster Busa comes in 08 i will get one...If the new Busa is just so so i will get a 08 zx14 ... Smokin

+1

smokin' a few more of us locally want the '08 bussa if its all that, we should get a great deal on trade ins!
CBR600RR track bike

Ignore this member   
stevewfl

posted January 05, 2007 11:11 PM        
quote:
i really like the black 07 paint job and silver rims, i get a new bike every year, put 4000 miles on it and sell it. i have been doing it for a long time and believe me i am not rich but i get tired of same bike after a while and like to treat myself with a new one. i don't believe in painting the bike becuase i think it hurts resale value because people think it has been wrecked. i did not care much about brown rims either, so i have to get that painted too. excellent paint job is not cheap.
on top of that i sure like to try the brocks megaphone.
so bottomline i gave myself all kind of excuses so i can buy a new one.
this does not make sense to some of you guys but it does to me.
the good thing is i am buying another zx14, that is all matters.

I agree 100%. I buy a bike for enjoyment and if it means taking a hit financially so be it. I've had my 14 for 7 months and already thinking about ditching it. Hopefully the new 'busa will put me over the edge. The R1 and 1098 is leaning on me hard too. I'm doing a track project bike thats keeping me super busy. I don't blame anyone for trading after a year.

CBR600RR track bike

Ignore this member   
stevewfl

posted January 05, 2007 11:13 PM        
and the puke brown rims on the '06 are enough reason to trade hehehe

CBR600RR track bike

Ignore this member   
phytrax

Zone Head
posted January 06, 2007 03:55 AM        Edited By: phytrax on 6 Jan 2007 02:56
I think it's nuts to sell a blue one for a black one too. The other mods would be a lot cheaper than a trade in. It's your money though. When I want a new bike I'll just buy a turbo for the 14. That should make it more of an adreneline rush than any stocker for the next few years. If the new Busa's are agile enough I might lean in that direction, but I doubt it.
RIP+ZX-14- Brock's Gen3, Heli Risers, Corbin Bags, Corbin Seat and Oval Backrest (Burgandy Snakeskin and black alligator), Muzzys Frame Sliders, flies out, 18t front sprocket, PC3, Puig Double Bubble, Pirelli Diablo Strada's
KX450F - kickstand
>>> MySpace --CLICK-- <<<

Ignore this member    Click here to visit Phytrax's homepage. 
shawnski

Pro
posted January 06, 2007 08:10 AM        
phytrax: have you seen the black 07 in person? you need to see it looks great. everyone has different taste and that is why they make different colors.
i agree probably not the best financial decision making but this the way i look at it:
i work very hard, make good money, no wife no kids, life is too short so i just get tired of the bike and buy a new one and that what makes me happy for now.
some put bunch of bling bling on them some paint them etc... there is nothing wrong with that, not me.

Ignore this member   
shawnski

Pro
posted January 06, 2007 08:14 AM        
quote:
SKI,
Don't worry about what others think. I try to keep my bike for 4 years or so before getting rid of it.

Sometimes I do a quick Number check and figure I have a solid 30 years before I have to start looking at the scoots of the time. That comes to 7-8 more new bikes before then and I really like to bring that number up and hopefully I will.

Also your thinking does not work to good for me...I had almost 6000 miles on the 14 after the first 4 weeks....another reason to keep her no one wants to buy a bike with 80,000 miles plus on her.

Rob
ZX-17,148 miles
VFR 86,792 miles

2007 I will try to take it easy on the 14, still I'll bet she will see 12-15000 miles. The VFR will see the other 10,000 miles.

damn, you might hang on to that bike that is alot of miles. my theory won't work for you. you need to buy a new bike every 3 weeks. that is where you got your nickname.

Ignore this member   
phytrax

Zone Head
posted January 06, 2007 08:56 AM        
Is the '07 black much different than the '06? The dealer I got mine from had all 3. I thought the black looked great, really, but I have a couple of issues with black:

1. Too hard to keep clean.
2. Got to dodge enough cars already, I prefer to be seen.

I really liked the blue color but I prefer the contrast of the red and black. I'd love to have a paint job like the blue/yellow '06 CBR's.
RIP+ZX-14- Brock's Gen3, Heli Risers, Corbin Bags, Corbin Seat and Oval Backrest (Burgandy Snakeskin and black alligator), Muzzys Frame Sliders, flies out, 18t front sprocket, PC3, Puig Double Bubble, Pirelli Diablo Strada's
KX450F - kickstand

shawnski

Pro
posted January 06, 2007 09:37 AM        
yab... black is hard to keep clean, i had a 02 LE busa in black, looked real good but bitch to keep clean. i had to wipe it alot to keep the damn dust out of it but when it was clean, got alot of compliment on it.
blue 07 looks good too but i already had a blue one.

Ignore this member   
stevewfl

posted January 06, 2007 10:02 AM        
quote:
I think it's nuts to sell a blue one for a black one too.

wow flame time for the dude that traded bikes huh

I think its NUTS to BUY a papasmurf blue one to begin with. But then again, some may not like red. Or black.

Some may thing its nuts to spend major bling on a slightly more comfortable seat and senior citizen hard luggage. I'd rather waste the money on a trade for a fresh bike then go that route too.

And I'm like dude here, I may change my mind about colors mid-stream, or find any other crazy reason to lose a few grand for a new bike

Why are we blasting someone for trading a bike, or making his business transactions our bizness

CBR600RR track bike

Ignore this member   
phytrax

Zone Head
posted January 06, 2007 10:10 AM        
quote:
quote:
I think it's nuts to sell a blue one for a black one too.

wow flame time for the dude that traded bikes huh

I think its NUTS to BUY a papasmurf blue one to begin with. But then again, some may not like red. Or black.

Wasn't intended as a flame. He posted for a reason, maybe just brag, but I assumed also to hear our opinion, so I gave mine. I didn't say he was a F*%#*%@ moron or anyhing, just said *I* think it's nuts. Maybe I'm just jealous I can't afford to throw money away like that. Don't get me wrong, I waste tons of money, I just can't afford it, heh.

And the blue one is not papa smurf blue. I thought so too but it only looks that way in pictures. It's actually a pretty dark blue.
KX450F - kickstand

shawnski

Pro
posted January 06, 2007 10:26 AM        
buying car or bike is not an investment, they do depreciate regardless of first year or second year or third year etc... so if i wanted not to waste any money, i won't buy any bikes and buy a 2000 dollar car for transportation because i sure don't keep them for 20 years.
  Ignore this member   
stevewfl

posted January 06, 2007 10:30 AM        
quote:
buying car or bike is not an investment, they do depreciate regardless of first year or second year or third year etc... so if i wanted not to waste any money, i won't buy any bikes and buy a 2000 dollar car for transportation because i sure don't keep them for 20 years.

+1
CBR600RR track bike

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 2 pages long: 1  2     Next» ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: sold the zx14 today. NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2011 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.734623193741 seconds processing time