HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Pics of My ZX14 NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
zxhoya

Zone Head
posted December 12, 2006 01:37 PM        
Thanks WARBIRD.

Ignore this member   
zxhoya

Zone Head
posted December 12, 2006 01:41 PM        
I just realized that the lowers are color matched as well, nice. Again, looks like it belongs.

Ignore this member   
MAXIMUS

Needs a job
posted December 12, 2006 02:55 PM        
That red looks good with the bling, nice bike.
  Ignore this member   
vmaxwayne

Expert Class
posted December 12, 2006 03:41 PM        
Like those grills inside.

Any details of design or mounting would be nice.

Ignore this member   
jkyoung1

Parking Attendant
posted December 12, 2006 05:59 PM        
This is a link to the guy that did the work on my zx14. For those that like the bling!

www.polishedaccessories.com

Ignore this member   
crashtech

Zone Head
posted December 12, 2006 06:46 PM        
Looks good! I would have pulled the rubber plugs out of the mirrors though before paint. Looks more detailed (oem) and the paint will come off of the rubber soon. Love the color matching though, looks great!
  Ignore this member   
zxhoya

Zone Head
posted December 12, 2006 09:20 PM        
polishedaccessories.com

Ignore this member   
zxhoya

Zone Head
posted December 12, 2006 09:25 PM        

Ignore this member   
Brent Davis

Zone Head
posted December 29, 2006 04:53 AM        
Very, very clean 14 jyoung 1. What kind of grill mesh is that and where to get it?

Here's my 14 just waiting for spring time for seat time.

Ignore this member   
Phytrax

Zone Head
posted December 30, 2006 08:00 AM        Edited By: Phytrax on 30 Dec 2006 07:05
quote:
looks clean, i would have done the lower forks and calipers. one thing i have never understood are chromed kickstands. not really feeling the chopper style levers, grips or license plate, and the chrome frame plugs and mesh looks cheesey. get a vortex rear sprocket and nickel plated tsubaki chain too. id lose the mirrors and badging for a more streamlined look. BLING BLING :P

edit: and please paint your foreman grillz red! they stick out too much! money well spent on the chrome wheels though- theyve got great structure for stockers and came out nicely.

I have to disagree with most of that. I like the grips and levers, gotta spread out the chrome to make it look uniform, like it belongs. I could pass on the kickstand, black one is fine to me. No way I'd paint the grills red, or the lowers for that matter. I like the contrast, which is one of the reasons I got the red instead of the blue. I do like the chrome fins on the grills though, very nice. I like the chrome plugs too.

Which size hand grips would I need? Love the bar end helmet locks too on that site, very nice. It's hard to get to my helmet lock with the bags, and frequently I need 2.
RIP+ZX-14- Brock's Gen3, Heli Risers, Corbin Bags, Corbin Seat and Oval Backrest (Burgandy Snakeskin and black alligator), Muzzys Frame Sliders, flies out, 18t front sprocket, PC3, Puig Double Bubble, Pirelli Diablo Strada's
KX450F - kickstand
>>> MySpace --CLICK-- <<<

Ignore this member    Click here to visit Phytrax's homepage. 
worm~hole

Needs a life
Miles to go before I sleep....
posted December 30, 2006 02:07 PM        
...I'm curious: I can't imagine that the handling's any worse than a a mildly chopped big-bore twin, can it? Can any of your stretchers out there tell us how the bike handles and corners at moderate speeds (ie. not knee-dragging speeds, just mere mortal conering speeds) I imagine that it could be a comfortable Interstate superslab tourer...(dream sequence: an unemployed lone wolf travels state to state, chasing sunsets, booze, and bettys...supports his life-style with the occassional street-race, maybe even some head-up racing at a track...collects his winnings...then chases yet another dawn or sunset)...shades of Then Came Bronson...maybe we can call it There Goes Yamamoto....hmmmm...Yama-moto...maybe it should be a Warrior or a V-Max instead...but I'm hi-jacking my own post....sorry, guys...so anyway back to my original question: how does it handle at moderate cornering speeds?

...btw: nice looking scoot

-George Orwell

Ignore this member   
WARBIRD

Needs a job
posted December 31, 2006 08:34 AM        
quote:
Very, very clean 14 jyoung 1. What kind of grill mesh is that and where to get it?

Here's my 14 just waiting for spring time for seat time.

Wow Brent that REALLY looks nice.......... Could you tell me all the mods you did? And do you have any more pics............from the other side also?

Thanks..............Warbird

Ignore this member   
WARBIRD

Needs a job
posted December 31, 2006 08:39 AM        
I see you slid the fork tubes up in the clamps.......how far? And do you have lowering links? If so what kind and what position?

I gotta know everything you did........... That's real sharp.............might wanna try a lowered stretched 14 myself............and I would want it to look just like that!!!! up

Ignore this member   
brent davis

Zone Head
posted December 31, 2006 12:54 PM        Edited By: brent davis on 31 Dec 2006 11:55
WARBIRD, Thanks for the kind words man. I haven't done anything much different than anyone else other than lowered the bike just like Brock did. I went 1.25" up front using my caliper like they did and have Muzzy lowering links for the rear in the 3rd hole. My mods are the same as everyone elses as far as the Brock recommended parts and his maps. I only have this one photo of the pipe side but can take more if you need them. The painted froeman grills are from zx14.net I wanted to have the lines more bright silver kinda like chrome but that was the best they could come up with at the time other than sending the grills out to get chromed. I also cut foam out of the stock seat and had it re-covered so that I could sit lower in the pocket.

Thanks again.

Ignore this member   
Gary B

Expert Class
posted December 31, 2006 01:48 PM        
Brent...how did you match the paint for the side grills...or did you paint the whole bike over? Looks AWESOME!
  Ignore this member   
brent davis

Zone Head
posted December 31, 2006 02:11 PM        
The grills were painted with the same '06 paint code except with the silver lines which is just a silver paint. The rest of the bike is still stock paint.

Thanks for the words.

Ignore this member   
WARBIRD

Needs a job
posted December 31, 2006 06:00 PM        
Brent, you deserve all the praise you get with such a sharp looking ride.
What kind of swingarm extentions? Your rear sprocket is black..........did you paint it or change it? What gearing? Sorry for picking your brain........... Who chromed the wheels?

Ignore this member   
WARBIRD

Needs a job
posted December 31, 2006 06:02 PM        
How many links in that chain?
  Ignore this member   
brent davis

Zone Head
posted December 31, 2006 07:37 PM        
Thanks again.

The rear Sprocket is Vortec and I asked if they could get it in black and he did. The rear extensions are roaring toyz and I don't know the chain link count because I ordered everything together. The wheels took about 2.5 months to go from here to Cali and back but I had it done thru the dealer where I bought the bike from. They were $500 exchange.

Ignore this member   
WARBIRD

Needs a job
posted January 01, 2007 07:53 AM        
Thanks Brent.......................Happy New Year!!!!!!
  Ignore this member   
icetee

Expert Class
posted February 15, 2007 12:22 PM        
Your look-n goood.....But I favor the" BLUE".....

Ignore this member   
stevewfl

posted February 15, 2007 06:43 PM        
bling bling

CBR600RR track bike

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 2 pages long: 1  2   ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Pics of My ZX14 NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2011 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.664966821671 seconds processing time