HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: New PPs tire shop marked my rims NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
northmedic

Expert Class
posted August 16, 2006 03:41 AM        
New PPs tire shop marked my rims

So am i being a little anal the tire shop removed the Finish on the rim when they Re re'ed my tire. its Marked from the clamps holding the rim should i ask for compensation of some sort or just grumble to my self. 4 marks paints gone about an inch long each.

Ignore this member   
shawnski

Pro
posted August 16, 2006 03:48 AM        
quote:
So am i being a little anal the tire shop removed the Finish on the rim when they Re re'ed my tire. its Marked from the clamps holding the rim should i ask for compensation of some sort or just grumble to my self. 4 marks paints gone about an inch long each.

for some reason the paint on zx14 rims very easy to chip. i owned many bikes in past, never had problems with rock chips in rims. i have 1500 miles on mine and have a about 4 rock chips in front wheels and 3 in rear. i ride the bike as normal as i did before on my other bikes but obviously we have pretty cheap paint job on zx14 rims.

anyone has the same problems???

Ignore this member   
halvefast

Zone Head
posted August 16, 2006 03:49 AM        
Definitely make it known to them, at the very least they owe you a big favor down the road.
I wouldn't stand for it, what if that was a $1000 custom wheel?
Streetriders Shootout 2008 series Pro/ET Champ!
Streetriders Shootout 2007 Series Pro/ET Runner-up!

Ignore this member    Click here to visit Halvefast's homepage. 
northmedic

Expert Class
posted August 16, 2006 03:52 AM        
quote:
Definitely make it known to them, at the very least they owe you a big favor down the road.
I wouldn't stand for it, what if that was a $1000 custom wheel?

Isnt it already a $1000 custom wheel from Kawasaki

Ignore this member   
14black

Expert Class
posted August 16, 2006 04:38 AM        
On a related note...does Kawasaki have touch-up paint available for the stock rims? I assume they do, just never checked...I have a spot that needs touching on my front rim...
  Ignore this member   
northmedic

Expert Class
posted August 16, 2006 04:40 AM        
www.colorrite.com/CRPLfactoryColors.php?appID%5B%5D=2595&typeID=2&appYear=2006&appManuf=Kawasaki&IsStreet=1&IsDirt=&imageField.x=44&imageField.y=14

they have rim paint at color rite

Ignore this member   
FasterThanStink

Pro
posted August 16, 2006 05:06 AM        
colorrite.com/CRPLfactoryColors.php?appID%5B%5D=2595&typeID=2&appYear=2006&appManuf=Kawasaki&IsStreet=1&IsDirt=&imageField.x=44&imageField.y=1

Ignore this member    Click here to visit FasterThanStink's homepage. 
dubious

Needs a life
Needs more time to ride!
posted August 16, 2006 06:39 AM        
My dealer remounted new rubberand never left a mark.
It might depend on the tire machine... or it may depend on the operator.
4 marks 1 inch long each would piss me right off.

Well might be time to polish the lip like some have already done here, doubt any valuable or discernable compensation is likely to occur though.

Ignore this member   
zerMATT

Pro
posted August 16, 2006 08:43 AM        
This is exactly why I went in with 3 other riding buddies a few years ago and bought our own tire changer and balancer. We got a Coats rim-clamp manual tire changer for about $600, and a nice superfine ball-bearing balancer for about $150. With tax and shipping, it worked out to about $200 each. I've used it personally to mount more than 12 sets of tires, so it's WAY more than paid for itself.

We also use those little plastic rim protector strips when clamping it into the machine, that prevents any possible damage... a good bike shop would do the same thing if their machine was a metal-on-metal style and they cared about their customer's wheels.

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: New PPs tire shop marked my rims NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2015 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.4350221157074 seconds processing time