HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Black out screws and guards! with pics! NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
htosado

Zone Head
posted August 15, 2006 03:43 PM        
Black out screws and guards! with pics!

I removed my screws several at a time, then I proceeded to put them through a piece of cardboard. I prepped them with acetone and primer first. Then I painted my guards and bolts with black gloss paint. Take a look!!!
Screws in box

Bolts on windscreen

first coat of paint on guards

More black

Last photo
I'll show photos when it's all complete.

What do you think?

Ignore this member   
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted August 15, 2006 03:45 PM        
nice!

Ignore this member    Click here to visit fish_antlers's homepage. 
htosado

Zone Head
posted August 15, 2006 03:51 PM        
Thanks fish! I'm going all black, no shine. Including pipes
  Ignore this member   
lietoome

Needs a job
posted August 15, 2006 11:19 PM        
Ht, first chance you get, take the heel guards to get powdercoated. They will look great being painted for awhile, but eventually they will chip and look like hell. Not sure where you're at, but if you have a nice long winter, have the pegs, brake lever and shift linkage powdered. I wanted to get mine powdered like my 12, but I just dont want to have the 14 parked for a week.
  Ignore this member   
flatoutbu

Pro
posted August 16, 2006 01:07 AM        
i seen carbon fiber heel guards on ebay if your interested in those...alot of different colors too

Ignore this member   
htosado

Zone Head
posted August 16, 2006 06:28 AM        
How much for the carbon fiber guards?
  Ignore this member   
zxlnt

Needs a job
Kawpuke Extraordinare
posted August 16, 2006 06:35 AM        
I think they were 60 bucks. Someone said the 12R heel guards fit the 14 as well. If I can find my old one, they are going on...

Ignore this member   
htosado

Zone Head
posted August 16, 2006 06:48 AM        
Thanks, how did you find them on ebay? what was the search?
  Ignore this member   
14black

Expert Class
posted August 16, 2006 06:57 AM        Edited By: 14black on 16 Aug 2006 14:06
quote:
Thanks, how did you find them on ebay? what was the search?

h, http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?cgiurl=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.com%2Fws%2F&fkr=1&from=R8&satitle=zx14&category0=

...not sure if there are any on ebay currently...

I painted my right one black and totally removed my left one, but, as said above, the paint will likely chip in the future...

Ignore this member   
suicycle

Expert Class
posted August 16, 2006 07:03 AM        
I already ordered a set of the Carbon heel guards. In fact they should be here today or tomorrow. I didnt want to say anything until I had them in hand so that I could comment on their quality. They are made by a company called Carbon Fiber Works. They are the same company that is selling them on Ebay. Here is their Address

http://www.carbonfiberworks.com/

Now I just want a set of the George Foreman grills....only smooth..in carbon fiber.

Ignore this member   
14black

Expert Class
posted August 16, 2006 07:07 AM        Edited By: 14black on 16 Aug 2006 14:09
quote:
I already ordered a set of the Carbon heel guards. In fact they should be here today or tomorrow. I didnt want to say anything until I had them in hand so that I could comment on their quality. They are made by a company called Carbon Fiber Works. They are the same company that is selling them on Ebay. Here is their Address

http://www.carbonfiberworks.com/

Now I just want a set of the George Foreman grills....only smooth..in carbon fiber.

http://www.carbonfiberworks.com/productCat51495.ctlg

please post pics after mounting...

Ignore this member   
lietoome

Needs a job
posted August 16, 2006 08:17 AM        
I'm using my 12 heelguards on the 14. Just don't care for the shape of the 14's. And for the paint, I did everything imaginable to ensure it stuck...cleaned, prepped, primed, painted 3 coats, and sealed. Still looked like crap after awhile. All the effort I put into painting them would have been better spent having them dropped off at the Powder shop and picked up a week later.

FYI--I installed my passenger pegs, heelguards, pegs from the 12 on my 14....it looks much better now. When I have time I will have the rear brake lever, shifter, guards, and pegs powdercoated. Right now these pegs have about 20K miles on them and still look good.

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Black out screws and guards! with pics! NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2015 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.25189995765686 seconds processing time