HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Pulled over the hard way! NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
lucky14

Pro
posted August 15, 2006 08:36 AM        
quote:
...hey I know CPR...remember: we can pace you from the front as well....it's probably not wise to follow us at any speed at any visible distance, ok?

Yes, they *can*, but don't in my part of the world, and.....................riddle me this batman, how can he go 80 in a 60 and not be on a call and without turning on the lights???
Oh, I forgot, they don't have to abide by the same laws that they enforce on others.
That reminds me - gotta meet some cop riders in the DFW area so that we will all have immunity on errr, uhhh, "spirited" rides.
I agree, not all cops are bad.

It's the bad 99% of cops that give the other 1% a bad name! j/k!!!

Ignore this member   
CrotchRocket

Bracket Racing with Betsy
posted August 15, 2006 08:36 AM        
New addition to the NYPD Highway Patrol...

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/03/31/charger-fitted-for-nypd-uniform/

*****DragRacers do it better, because they dont cut Corners*****

Ignore this member    Click here to visit CrotchRocket's homepage. 
nabrxx

Needs a job
posted August 15, 2006 08:50 AM        
If you cant DO...teach. If you cant teach....be a cop....Requirements: Pulse.

Ignore this member   
SoCal ZX-14 Rider

Expert Class
posted August 15, 2006 11:31 AM        
Hmmmmmmmm was there last weekend so it wasn't me, but looking foward to seeing you somewhere - sometime. Just lately both my parents had to go into the hospital and one son is moving in with me out of the military, got a lot going on. I still make time to ride thou.

Ignore this member   
Black14

Novice Class
posted August 15, 2006 12:14 PM        
quote:
quote:

I have a hard time with police. I truly appreciate the role that they play and how difficult it must be. When I am pulled over I am always polite and do the "yes sir, no sir" and as cooperative as I can be. However, it seems every time that I have been pulled over there is plenty of screaming and yelling from the guy.

True story: I was assisting a friend of mine repair his Suzuki Bandit 400. He had let it sit for a couple of years and the carburetors were gummed up. The only way to get it to roll down the road was in 1st gear full throttle then it would spit and sputter and then suddenly jerk forward. Of course that was time to let off.

We pulled the carbureters, sprayed them out with Gumout, and would take it out for another ride to see if we got them cleaned out. After a couple of tries both my friend and I took it out for a spin and did roll-ons to see if the carbs were fueling correctly. No speeding was being done, and there were very few neighbors. If you have seen some of the towns in Maine you would know the meaning of sparse.

Last ride out, nearly dark the bike is running really well. I get pulled over by a "Road Warrior" cop with the Camaro with light bar. He is screaming and yelling that he is sick and tire of kids tearing up his street on bikes. I am 35 at the time with 2 kids of my own. I politely try to explain that we are not speeding, but instead repairing the bike, while I am locating my license in my wallet.

"Shut up! You were speeding!" I calmly explain that both my friend and I were riding to repair the bike and that I know for sure that I was not speeding. Of course I don't have the registration and inspection since it is my friend's bike. I could come up with my license and my insurance card. I explained that my friend would have the registration at his house and that we should drive 1/4 mile to go get it.

When I drove to my friend's house there he was half in the left lane about three feet from the back of the bike almost daring me to bolt. At this point I am disliking the guy so I figured 10 mph would be just about right. After pulling into my friend's yard, he tells me that he is really angry because he clocked me at 29 mph hour and he knows that I was speeding because his daughter lives on the road and said she saw us speeding. It was a 35 zone with a 50 mph zone just 1/2 mile down the road. I'm not sure where his daughter lived, but there is a chance I could have gotten up to 55 in the 50 zone. Keep in mind that this is a 400 bandit, not surprisingly quick.

He tells me that he has all night and will be giving me a ticket tonight even if he has to go back to my youth record. After yelling at me, my friend and his wife for 45 minutes in their yard he declares it to be my lucky night, no ticket because he just got an emergency call. I didn't feel so lucky.

For any cops out there on this site, what do you think I did wrong here to have to endure this? Is there any recourse by going to the police chief with a complaint, or would I be harassed if I did?

...coudnt even begin to guess what was in the cop's head that day or everyday which caused or causes him to effect law enforcement his way...we weren't there and we only have your side of the story (gotta be fair here)

...somebody obviously had a problem with you and your friend testing the bike on a public roadway and called the cops...at any rate, it looked like it sucked being you, your friend, and his wife that day even if all of what you could've been charged with were simple infractions in most states...

...citizens have the right to complain and file a righteous complaint....if it is indeed a righteous complaint...just hope that your local law enforcement agency has lawful complaint system in place...good luck...

...I, too play devils advocate and try to balance out what the reality might be based upon both sides. I'm sure the policeman (Officer Stuart) would have a different story, but since he wasn't there and I didn't get a ticket when threatened with one no matter how far back he had to go I can only suspect that his day in court would have likely been unpleasant.

...In my original post I stated that his daughter had placed the call and therefore you are correct. His daughter had the problem with us. Since there were 2 drivers that day, I can only state that I was not speeding and my friend said he had not. Perhaps he was speeding. I wonder what kind of training that a cop's daughter gets to gauge speed? I know you police get a course in how to judge. At 10,000 rpms I believe a bandit will do roughly 35 mph. I'm sure it sounds impressive and for a well trained cop's daughter would seem to be speeding. Keep in mind that this thing was barely running and had to be revved significantly.

What infractions would apply in most states? Noise? It was stock exhaust. Revs too high? Don't know of any state laws against that. Repairing on a Saturday? Maybe...

...I wish now that I had filed a complaint. It seems there were 2 on a power trip, the cop and daughter. Playing devils advocate, though, I acknowledge that there have been many times in the past that I should have been caught and wasn't. Having kids and raising a family have changed my views. I have a clean record and haven't had a speeding ticket in over 10 years. Considering that I do well over 50,000 miles a year I think that is pretty cool.

This is just 1 true story that I've had to deal with from the police. In 1998 I got pulled out of a place of business by a local cop who was doing a favor for a softball team buddy. Yes this is true also. When threatened by the legal team of my company's HR dept he faded away. Long story and probably not believable fom some unknown internet freak so it won't be addressed here. After so many negative encounters even passive people get jaded...

Ignore this member   
3Boysand3Bikes

Expert Class
posted August 15, 2006 12:36 PM        
quote:

As I read the very wise and well thought out posts on here, (like the one above), I can only say that you are exactly right guys.... I really enjoy messing up the days of those people who are law abiding citizens... I only give tickets out to those that are following the rules. The murderers and drug dealers tend to follow the traffic laws and therefore I cannot do that which I adore which is to mess with people unless I pick on speeders. I wear the bullet proof vest for protection from those fast moving vehicles... not because when others are running away from gunfire, I am running towards it to try to save those law abiding citizens that choose to show their appreciation by complaining about me. Hey, let's face it, if something goes right... then that was 'my job' and who cares.. and if something goes bad, then you will critique after the fact based upon your limited experience and training. That is good for me... lose.. lose!! All for $40,000.00 a year. Oh yeah... and forget that I am trained as a Paramedic and a Firefighter also... that helps me when I CAUSE the high speed chases which result in burning crashes... This is all just so I can go 80 mph in the squad car to get to lunch on time and to give you all a hard time!!! You are so smart that you saw right through me. Oh, wait... I just checked... no Pulse... I guess I don't have the requirements. I hate getting all aggitated like this... but there are two sides to a coin... and I'll be darned if I am not going to show you my side. I have never screwed with anyone... and that is the truth. Right is right... and wrong is wrong. You have every right to talk crap about the officers you have dealt with, but don't just run your mouth trying to vent without realizing that some officers have lost their lives protecting people out there. No officer is God... (even though some act like it)... but (and the odds you will never deal with this) but if your life is on the line, you will be glad to see and hear the squads coming to your aid. I have had numerous speeding tickets.. and I still hit the brakes, or get all tense when I see a squad car... that is a fact of life. I have been mistreated by cops.. and I also have spoken to other officers about their approach... but I can tell you that there are some wonderful caring officers out there that may not be back after their next shift... But I will tell them before they risk their lives that they should read some of the posts here to feel good about themselves before they are gone!! I bit sarcastic and dramatic... yes... but hopefully it at least makes you think. (This post is for those people who have their mouths on crap talking... not on those that have posted specific complaints... becasue I agree with them... cops do, and always will make mistakes... just like everyone else!) Peace to all and I will rant no more. I have said my peace... and described just another opinion...

Ignore this member   
worm~hole

Needs a life
Miles to go before I sleep....
posted August 15, 2006 12:54 PM        

-George Orwell

Ignore this member   
Black14

Novice Class
posted August 15, 2006 01:01 PM        
quote:
quote:

As I read the very wise and well thought out posts on here, (like the one above), I can only say that you are exactly right guys.... I really enjoy messing up the days of those people who are law abiding citizens... I only give tickets out to those that are following the rules. The murderers and drug dealers tend to follow the traffic laws and therefore I cannot do that which I adore which is to mess with people unless I pick on speeders. I wear the bullet proof vest for protection from those fast moving vehicles... not because when others are running away from gunfire, I am running towards it to try to save those law abiding citizens that choose to show their appreciation by complaining about me. Hey, let's face it, if something goes right... then that was 'my job' and who cares.. and if something goes bad, then you will critique after the fact based upon your limited experience and training. That is good for me... lose.. lose!! All for $40,000.00 a year. Oh yeah... and forget that I am trained as a Paramedic and a Firefighter also... that helps me when I CAUSE the high speed chases which result in burning crashes... This is all just so I can go 80 mph in the squad car to get to lunch on time and to give you all a hard time!!! You are so smart that you saw right through me. Oh, wait... I just checked... no Pulse... I guess I don't have the requirements. I hate getting all aggitated like this... but there are two sides to a coin... and I'll be darned if I am not going to show you my side. I have never screwed with anyone... and that is the truth. Right is right... and wrong is wrong. You have every right to talk crap about the officers you have dealt with, but don't just run your mouth trying to vent without realizing that some officers have lost their lives protecting people out there. No officer is God... (even though some act like it)... but (and the odds you will never deal with this) but if your life is on the line, you will be glad to see and hear the squads coming to your aid. I have had numerous speeding tickets.. and I still hit the brakes, or get all tense when I see a squad car... that is a fact of life. I have been mistreated by cops.. and I also have spoken to other officers about their approach... but I can tell you that there are some wonderful caring officers out there that may not be back after their next shift... But I will tell them before they risk their lives that they should read some of the posts here to feel good about themselves before they are gone!! I bit sarcastic and dramatic... yes... but hopefully it at least makes you think. (This post is for those people who have their mouths on crap talking... not on those that have posted specific complaints... becasue I agree with them... cops do, and always will make mistakes... just like everyone else!) Peace to all and I will rant no more. I have said my peace... and described just another opinion...

I, for one truly appreciate the job being done by the police. I feel it is necessary and a very important service to the community. Without which the peace as we know would be gone. I believe they should earn 100,000 or more per year and be very selective to weed out the "bad" ones. My take is that if the police are not in it for the money they are either in it to do good or to exert power over others. Both are rewards, but one is good and one is bad. There was a large poaching operation that happened in my hometown that was carried out and/or allowed to happen largely by an individual policeman (Officer Boucher). He was caught and instead of being prosecuted was barred from police work forever. If you or I were caught there would be jail time. Last I heard he was selling police uniforms to officers and making more money than the officers in general. I truly feel sorry for the good ones when there are a few that mar the uniform in general.

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 3 pages long: 1  2  3   ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Pulled over the hard way! NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2015 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.24634099006653 seconds processing time