HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: My weekend at Prostar NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
flatoutbu

Pro
posted August 13, 2006 05:07 AM        
My weekend at Prostar

We'll we tooka trip to IRP yesterday to watch qualifying for Prostar. Of course i was on the look out for any 14 that i could see. I was kind of disappointed to only see 3. Gadson had 2 there and another guy who looked like he rode off the street. I looked over Gadson's real well trying to get some ideals for my bike. I seen a few cool things and and got some good new ideals for mine. I seen him making 8.90's-8.80's passes with nitrous. The other guy was running 9.50's with no nitrous...both were stretched,pipes, ect ,ect. M.R.E now has a lock-up clutch, you have to send your old core in and they will send you a single or multi-stage depending on what you want. hmmm...what else? Gadson's bike had Marveck and Gal speed wheels if anybody is interested in that....all in all it was a fun day and i have to get back to tearing the bike apart.

Ignore this member   
Bently

Needs a life
2012 14r In Blue and no Mods!
posted August 13, 2006 05:15 AM        
Knock on wood I have 3800 street miles and 52 passes on my clutch and all is well.
  Ignore this member   
flatoutbu

Pro
posted August 13, 2006 11:00 PM        
D'oh..you'll need a new clutch now....if you ever do have to replace it..go with all big fibers..leave the large fiber in the bottom of the basket with the chatter rings and replace all the rest. Your stack hight will be a smidge tall but after a few pass's it will wear down to where it needs to be.

Ignore this member   
slates

Expert Class
posted August 14, 2006 04:40 AM        
I attended the IRP on Sat. Gadson also had a different oil pan and a relocated oil filter to run straighter pipes from the headers to the the side-winder on the nitrous bike. Gadson ran the bike over to the Dyno, but I got tired of waiting for Joe Morrasco from MPS to fire it up, so we didn't stick around to see the results.

If you've never seen a top fuel drag bike run, you are in for a real treat. I was expecting fast, but when McBride let it rip, the Earth shook and I could feel the pounding of those cylinders in my chest. All my pops and I could say was, "Holy Sh!#." He and his teammate were making passes just over 6 seconds flat at an approximate 230 mph.

I'd expect to see a lot more 14s in the AMA Prostar a year from now.

Ignore this member   
Bently

Needs a life
2012 14r In Blue and no Mods!
posted August 14, 2006 10:26 AM        
No new clutch for me yet flatoutbu! LOL Its still as good as new.
  Ignore this member   
flatoutbu

Pro
posted August 14, 2006 10:30 PM        
Yea i forgot about the oil filter re-locator on his bike. It looked like it bolted in place of the stock one then made a 45 to the outside of the bike where the oil filter stuck out. I thought it was so he could run the pipes closer to the block and move the radiator back that way he could also rake the frontend back. Did you notice he had a different radiator?..small than stock too but thicker. Yea top fuel is cool...the fastest i seen was a 6.02 but larry has been as fast as 5.84 i think. Did you Stotz bike?

Ignore this member   
halvefast

Zone Head
posted August 14, 2006 11:35 PM        
Stotz had the CBR1000 there? If so that boy has got it goin' on!
Streetriders Shootout 2008 series Pro/ET Champ!
Streetriders Shootout 2007 Series Pro/ET Runner-up!

Ignore this member    Click here to visit Halvefast's homepage. 
slates

Expert Class
posted August 15, 2006 03:41 AM        
Stotz was running the Blackbird, but had the 1000RR sitting outside of his trailer. That bike is slammed to the ground and seems so tiny compared to the 1300-1400cc bikes. There's a good article on this bike in the latest SuperStreetbike magazine.

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: My weekend at Prostar NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2015 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.23443603515625 seconds processing time