HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: WOW Almost Flipped it! NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
ny28av

Novice Class
posted August 12, 2006 11:25 PM        
WOW Almost Flipped it!

Hey Y'All just thought i'd share my scary experience w/ the group.
i was flying down the ny state thruway heading south from nanuet to nyack. there was traffic, but we were movin at 85 mph in the left lane. i was bookin. changed from center lane to left lane, i was lookin back at the center lane, but i had to wait to pass a car till i could get back in the center to advance on a car. i was crusin for a second or two ... looked to my right.... thinkin about makin my move.......(the guy ahead of me was lookin in his rearview at me)..........the car in the center was closing in on me, so i decided to play it cool and stay on the left.........all of a sudden i seen BRAKELIGHTS! I fuckin reacted like there was a snake in my pants!! the jerkoff in front of me locks up his brakes, i yanked real hard and felt the front wheel rip the asphault then i released, and re-applied, so i would'nt lock up and wipe out. thank god he pulled to the shoulder to give himself room, cause he gave me room also. i was pissin my pants afterwards.......... i almost dumped my baby....... lets not have that happen again.....

Ignore this member   
CrotchRocket

Bracket Racing with Betsy
posted August 13, 2006 04:06 AM        
That will sure wake you up!!!

Make sure you look ahead and not at the girl next to you

*****DragRacers do it better, because they dont cut Corners*****

Ignore this member    Click here to visit CrotchRocket's homepage. 
dbeadling

Zone Head
posted August 13, 2006 06:24 AM        
driving with the sheep pack cagers = death. stay way behind or way ahead of the sons of bit.......es
  Ignore this member   
lietoome

Needs a job
posted August 13, 2006 07:40 AM        
what db said. Give them space or create space.
  Ignore this member   
nightmare

Pro
ACP Racing
posted August 13, 2006 08:45 AM        
Holy shit son! Got's to be more careful! how did you notice things like the driver looking at you in the rearview but did not notice that traffic was stopping ahead of time.
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit nightmare's homepage. 
swft

Needs a life
Full throttle!
posted August 13, 2006 11:16 AM        
I classify most drivers about as intelligent as deer...
82 Gpz750, 84 Ninja 900, 2000 ZX12R (Muzzy Big Bore Kit), *another* 2000 ZX12R (Muzzy custom stroke crank 1341cc motor), 2004 ZZR1200, 2005 ZX10R, 2007 ZX14, 2008 Concours 14, 2014 Versys 650, 2014 Yamaha WR450F, 2015 Ninja H2

Ignore this member   
Schwebel

Parking Attendant
posted August 14, 2006 02:19 PM        
quote:
I classify most drivers about as intelligent as deer...

Ahahahah,...and if deer had cellphones,lipstick,70 button radios,newspapers and yelling kids, they would be just as dangerous as a cager.

Ignore this member   
TeamSpeed

Expert Class
posted August 14, 2006 05:31 PM        Edited By: TeamSpeed on 14 Aug 2006 18:31
Another forum member also found out how powerful the front brakes are, when he looped it. They are crazy how much speed they scrub off!
  Ignore this member   
SoCal ZX-14 Rider

Expert Class
posted August 14, 2006 05:48 PM        
The scariest heart pounding moments on my 14 are when I have to panic stop/slow down, not usually because I misjudge traffic but because I am flying way faster than it feels like I am. I don't even feel like i'm moving until I hit 70 mph. The engine is lugging below 4000 rpm in 6th and there's little wind noise. You hit it up to 120 - 130 and whoooooah someone changes lanes or traffic slows down to a crawl and you go shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit stooooooooooop! They come up fast when you are actually going faster than you feel you are.
Sometimes it seems like it takes longer to stop than it took to get up to that speed.
I wonder if anyone has done stopping vs. acceleration tests.

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: WOW Almost Flipped it! NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2023 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.21802616119385 seconds processing time