HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: ZX-14 a "big disappointment"??? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
lucky14

Pro
posted August 06, 2006 12:38 PM        
ZX-14 a "big disappointment"???

OK. Fess up now.

Apparently a lot of 14 owners aren't satisfied with the performance.
At least that's what I read on the hayabusa.org board.

From tedbiele, who is a legend in his own mind, sees all knows all, always has "inside information" on the "new" Busa that's still not here:

"The 14 has been a huge letdown.
My friend races the Texas Shootout and has been told by many a guy out there that bought them that they are a big disappointment.
Hahahahahaha...... its all good though..... Suzuki has been duped into changing our favorite bike in the world into something better!!!! LOL! I LOVE IT!!!!!! THANKS KAWASAKI!!!!!!! BWAAAAAAAAAA-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!"

I would like to go on record saying that I am NOT one of those many people he knows about!

This thread, if you care: "Dyno on stock 14"

http://www.hayabusa.org/cgi-bin/busa/ikonboard.cgi?s=d1835a996998aa872d26e2918a41ecc4;act=ST;f=6;t=57299;

Ignore this member   
fastestbusaaround

Needs a life
I eat Fish...
posted August 06, 2006 12:45 PM        
That site is full of idiots who believe the Busa is the only bike in the world...whatever they quote or say there, take with a grain of salt.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit FastestBusaAround's homepage. 
lucky14

Pro
posted August 06, 2006 12:59 PM        
quote:
That site is full of idiots who believe the Busa is the only bike in the world...whatever they quote or say there, take with a grain of salt.

Agreed!
I have been going there for the last couple of years.
It is a funny place!

In another thread, the question is "How fast is a stock busa in the drag strip?"

Not a single "my Busa runs x @ y mph."

Answers go like this:

"the ones ive seen run in the mid 120's"
"a good rider on a good track mid to low 9s at around 145"
"As I see it the busa will do 9-10 second runs at ~150 mph give or take"

Do any of those people actually OWN a Busa??? FUNNY GUYS!!!

Ignore this member   
smokinZX14

Needs a life
posted August 06, 2006 01:12 PM        
Them dipwads have no clue..........

Ignore this member   
stevewfl

posted August 06, 2006 01:15 PM        
I read through that 'busa thread...thanks for sharing...that crowd almost made me with all that sillyness lol

CBR600RR track bike

Ignore this member   
fastestbusaaround

Needs a life
I eat Fish...
posted August 06, 2006 01:15 PM        
When I had my last Busa, I posted there and I still have an active account there now...but got fed up with the one-sided annoying attitude of the Busa owners there. They are truly idiots...and they prop each other up. Busa is a great bike, but so was the 12R and these guys just hated it...mostly couldn't stand the fact that it was as good or better than a Busa. It made them cringe, so they would just say it was a POS instead.

stevewfl

posted August 06, 2006 01:21 PM        
Ya, glad we're not all one-sided against the 'busa. Actually I was considering purchasing one but waited on the ZX14. The most important reason being its something different. 'busas are everywhere. Suzuki was so successful with 'busa sales I read they put over 10,000 of them on the streets last year alone. Gotta' respect that kinda perforamance.

And as the "who can make the bomb-diggity bike" competition rages on, I may still yet own a 'busa when they come out with their next model
CBR600RR track bike

Ignore this member   
Bently

Needs a life
2012 14r In Blue and no Mods!
posted August 06, 2006 01:27 PM        Edited By: Bently on 6 Aug 2006 20:34
I still can't believe some of those guys bash a bike they have never rode, I have had two busas in the past and now the 14. They are both good bikes, just the 14 is a little better evey where if you spend any time on both machines, the busa feels old after spending any time on the 14
  Ignore this member   
fastestbusaaround

Needs a life
I eat Fish...
posted August 06, 2006 01:31 PM        
The Busa does feel old against the 14...to be expected after 8 years though...Busa was a great ride, till the 14 came along and gave us all something better.

countersteer

Needs a job
Didn't read the owners manual
posted August 06, 2006 01:32 PM        
it seems to me that most zx-14 riders are the disappointment, not the bike.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit countersteer's homepage. 
zxbob

Pro
posted August 06, 2006 01:38 PM        
quote:

A +

Ignore this member   
Bently

Needs a life
2012 14r In Blue and no Mods!
posted August 06, 2006 01:39 PM        
Seem's like a few good riders on this board. Some pretty good times have been posted.
  Ignore this member   
blueford

Needs a job
posted August 06, 2006 01:49 PM        
One of the rags had the busa better in the handling department, holy shit!
  Ignore this member   
stevewfl

posted August 06, 2006 01:52 PM        
Seems to be a lot of sport touring folks on here that could care less about 1/4 times too? But I fall in the "dissappointment" category when it comes to 1/4 mile times. I've never done the straight line thing, nor owned a big-bore bike, but I'm confident with practice I'll get quick sooner than later. Different world than the type riding I've done.
CBR600RR track bike

Ignore this member   
da blk 1

Novice Class
posted August 06, 2006 02:06 PM        
NOw now dude lets not forget a busa max power was suppose to be 156hp but most are in the mid 140's. Plus I have had a coulpe of busa's try a roll-on and get disappointed real fast
  Ignore this member   
lietoome

Needs a job
posted August 06, 2006 02:56 PM        
Read the whole thread that was posted, the crap about the avatar is a prime example why I don't visit.
  Ignore this member   
countersteer

Needs a job
Didn't read the owners manual
posted August 06, 2006 02:59 PM        
quote:
Read the whole thread that was posted, the crap about the avatar is a prime example why I don't visit.

exactly!~!@

Ignore this member    Click here to visit countersteer's homepage. 
dbeadling

Zone Head
posted August 06, 2006 03:15 PM        
its the best bike i have ever owned.....and i have had a lot of them......fun....fun and more fun
  Ignore this member   
htosado

Zone Head
posted August 06, 2006 03:44 PM        
I've owned both, and I feel the 14 has many advantages. I liked the Busa, and still do, but theres no comparing. I think the Busa is to the 14 what the 12 was to the Busa.
  Ignore this member   
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted August 06, 2006 03:58 PM        
tosado... . couldnt agree with you more...

Ignore this member    Click here to visit fish_antlers's homepage. 
Ninja14

Pro
posted August 06, 2006 04:23 PM        
quote:

You hit it on the head..............I had an MV Agusta try to "escape" on the twisties today..........I stayed close enough to throw my helmet at him at all times.........and he rides track 3 or 4 times a month so don't be sayin' I was following a slow squid.........

How does a bike that runs about the same (actually a hair faster) as their bike seem slow and disappointing?...........someone has issues over there.........

Most of the page was some BS about avatars..........very insightful.........

Are a lot of those people like that?..............I think I will check out that site to see what's up........

Ignore this member   
BobC

Pro
posted August 06, 2006 06:02 PM        
It doesn't come as a big surprise to hear that the people on a Hayabusa forum think their bike is better.
As for ZX14 owner's not being satisfied with the performance, apart from the odd Troll, I'd say they are mostly very satisfied with a bike that is quicker through the quarter, with a faster top speed and brakes that work without scaring you shitless. Add to that a decent fuel range, comfort and great instrumentation.
I speak as someone who has owned both, the Hayabusa is a great bike, Kawasaki's 14 is just that bit better and with half a decade's worth of development over the Suzuki you'd expect nothing less.

2012 ZZR1400 in Golden Blazed Green
Brock CT Full System. etc
Max: 203.1 in 1 mile (so far)

Ignore this member   
amo247

Parking Attendant
posted August 06, 2006 11:02 PM        
BUSA-ZX14

quote:
I still can't believe some of those guys bash a bike they have never rode, I have had two busas in the past and now the 14. They are both good bikes, just the 14 is a little better evey where if you spend any time on both machines, the busa feels old after spending any time on the 14

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I agree with you 100%. I rode a 2002 Busa until a few weeks after buying a
Ninja ZX-14. I sold the Busa, The ZX-14 is a lot better riding bike.
Happy riding, Bob

Ignore this member   
Jack69

Novice Class
posted August 07, 2006 12:06 AM        

Long story short, I bought the ZX-14 and didn't really know what to expect. I don't drag race but I do ride a lot of twisty stuff.

I had the long time loan of a 'Busa from a friend of mine and found it to be torquey but the RPM power felt about the same as my old ZZR1200. Probably the softer gearing on the 'Busa led to that.
I was able to modify the susp on the ZZR to work pretty well and it felt easier to get in and more planted while leaned over. But the 'Busa had better brakes.

I bought the ZX-14 and instantly noticed that the suspension was incredibly soft. Especially the rear.
I cranked up the preload ring (not the same size shock lock and adjustment ring as my other bikes) and had to use an auto front end idler arm removal fork to reach into the shock. It's a long way in there and I was bummed at no remote preload adjuster. The manual says to take it into the dealership for any adjustments .

Next I had to slide the forks up .250" just to get the thing to turn in without any resistance, or at least to the level that I felt it should have been.
That did the trick although an additional .100 might be in order.
With all of the suspension adjustments I was able to get the thing setup really well.
Now my buddies 'Busa handled OK but nowhere near as light and lively as the ZX-14 does now. Although the 'Busa had all stock suspension geometry/settings.
Now the ZX hangs with my '03 Mille in the tight stuff and has no chicken strips on the rear 190. Not an indication of a good rider, more of an indication that the bike now has the confidence to lean it over that far (I hang off a lot too).
Like I was saying, I don't drag race but the ZX-14 has turned out to be a good canyon bike.
Mods are:
Area P Slipons
PC III USB w/ Areap map
16 tooth front sprocket
Throttlemeister

The ZX-14 has turned out to be a great bike for me and I've really enjoyed it so far. I'd buy another if something were to happen to this one.

Ignore this member   
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted August 07, 2006 02:20 AM        
bigbore.... you don't need to PM me, you can post your questions to me here in public.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit fish_antlers's homepage. 
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 2 pages long: 1  2     Next» ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: ZX-14 a \"big disappointment\"??? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2015 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.39904499053955 seconds processing time