HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: ZX-14 a "big disappointment"??? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
mokaw

Expert Class
posted August 07, 2006 09:41 AM        
I post over there once in a while, too. Just for the simple reason that I know the Busa is a good bike and I respect it. I posted over there a couple of days ago saying that "you guys ride Busa's because you like them. I ride a 12R and a 14 because I like them. Can you respect that?" Of course they come back with smart remarks right away. There's a few cool guys there, but most of them act like a bunch of grade school kids. I think they're really threatened by the 14 so they bash it just to amuse each other.

Ignore this member   
fastestbusaaround

Needs a life
I eat Fish...
posted August 07, 2006 10:26 AM        
They're threatened by any bike...they'd bash a Vespa...they suffer from "SmallPecker"disease.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit FastestBusaAround's homepage. 
nightmare

Pro
ACP Racing
posted August 07, 2006 12:54 PM        
Just give it up! DAMN!
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit nightmare's homepage. 
fastestbusaaround

Needs a life
I eat Fish...
posted August 07, 2006 01:04 PM        
Did long ago! have a total of 74 posts in 2 years there...what does that tell ya?

Ignore this member    Click here to visit FastestBusaAround's homepage. 
bayou boy

Expert Class
posted August 09, 2006 07:17 AM        
busa guys are taking the 14 hard fellas, i 'm killin busa's bonestock, an these busa's have pipes, pc, airfitlers
  Ignore this member   
mugsymd

Expert Class
posted August 14, 2006 09:22 PM        
You know, there's nothing like flying Mach 1.4 at 50 above the ground, i.e. with your HAIR ON FIRE! So, doing a 186 mph does NOT do much for me. (Mach 1.4 is 840 knots - about 1000 mph, roughly). Bottom Line, I LOVE the ZX-14 and all the bikes I have ever owned (although I have never owned a Suzuki - sorry, never liked Suzuki).
2004 VROD
2005 K1200S
2006 ZX-14 - Red

Ignore this member   
dbeadling

Zone Head
posted August 14, 2006 10:05 PM        
watch for barbed wire
  Ignore this member   
SoCal ZX-14 Rider

Expert Class
posted August 15, 2006 12:34 AM        
I am getting tired of all these dyno slips with different numbers from different sources!
Didn't Motorcyclist magazine (July 2006) do a review on the 14 and dynoed it at 175.7 RWHP and 106.2 RWTQ? And thats just one more source.
Anywhere you go someone has different numbers, just pick the ones that suit your argument and use them, Jeez.

I don't hear anyone from here slamming the Busa. I personally will probably buy one as my next bike, I like em. It would be nice to own both. I cant wait to see what Suzuki offers in responce to the 14 and then again what Kawi does next to repond back, its all good for us.
Everytime I go to Busa forums its almost automatic the Busa "kids" are slamming the 14.

How short sighted, closed minded, uninformed, tunnel visioned, backward thinking, blindly prejudiced, mentally challenged, socially retarded and obnoxiously annoying can you get?!!

Ignore this member   
countersteer

Needs a job
Didn't read the owners manual
posted August 15, 2006 07:43 AM        
quote:
You know, there's nothing like flying Mach 1.4 at 50 above the ground, i.e. with your HAIR ON FIRE! So, doing a 186 mph does NOT do much for me. (Mach 1.4 is 840 knots - about 1000 mph, roughly). Bottom Line, I LOVE the ZX-14 and all the bikes I have ever owned (although I have never owned a Suzuki - sorry, never liked Suzuki).

well, if you wanna get technical, you are harnessed into the jet, in an enclosed cockpit with a parachute, and you dont have to worry about cops, trees, animals, cagers, bumps, potholes, turns, or running out of room. i comfortably cruise at 160, and i have winded out and redlined both zx-14 and zx-12 at rev limiter. the speed didnt bother me, but the limitations of roadways did. not everyone is lucky enough to do 1000mph in a tax-payer funded fighter jet. for now, 186 on my own streetbikes is good enough for me.
of note is that (i believe) the human brain can not process information accurately or fast enough, or comprehend (to say the least) anything over like 60 or 80mph?

Ignore this member    Click here to visit countersteer's homepage. 
lietoome

Needs a job
posted August 15, 2006 08:36 AM        
I beg to differ, you Do have to worry about trees when flying a jet 50ft above the ground.
  Ignore this member   
countersteer

Needs a job
posted August 15, 2006 08:47 AM        
and you really think he has the skills to avoid a collision at that speed? i dont think any human being does. but a computer can.

lietoome

Needs a job
posted August 15, 2006 09:38 AM        
I know the UH-60's play hell on trees...they move a tad faster than a bike too.
  Ignore this member   
countersteer

Needs a job
posted August 15, 2006 10:06 AM        
quote:
I know the UH-60's play hell on trees...they move a tad faster than a bike too.

im sure that there are many things which move faster than your bike
futhermore, the UH-60 is a helicopter, fool.

countersteer

Needs a job
posted August 15, 2006 10:15 AM        
also, maximum v (velocity) speed on a Sikorsky UH-60 BLACKHAWK helicopter is 222mph, but can be hazardously pressed slightly more... again, my reply was about him piloting a jet @ around 1000mph. dont be a noob, lietoome.

SoCal ZX-14 Rider

Expert Class
posted August 15, 2006 10:29 AM        
OK, so that pretty well sums it up for the "ZX-14 big disappointment" topic and the annoying busa board link.

lol

Ignore this member   
lietoome

Needs a job
posted August 15, 2006 11:13 AM        
Noob? You're pretty friggin' arrogant aren't you? So besides the 14 being a disappointment, and UH-60's being a (really?)Rotor-wing...what's your point?

Forgive me for not net-ettiquetting with the LOL's and Grinning happy faces....it was a simple joke. Please refrain from acting like the guys on the Busa forums. "wink"

Ignore this member   
SoCal ZX-14 Rider

Expert Class
posted August 15, 2006 11:33 AM        
Who said you can't learn about helicopters in this forum?

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 2 pages long: 1  2   ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: ZX-14 a \"big disappointment\"??? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2015 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.44757604598999 seconds processing time