HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Kudos to Brock NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
EASY

Expert Class
posted July 15, 2006 02:57 AM        
Kudos to Brock

I ordered a Gen 3 system yesterday from Brock. Their website was first-rate and the process was very easy.
Even had a order update that my order was shipped the same day.
Nice to have a pro as part of our group-----now we will see about map support. I requested a map for my modifications and pipe and did not hear anything yet. I feel confident? that the support will be as good as the website.

Ignore this member    Click here to send EASY an AIM message. 
dubious

Needs a life
Needs more time to ride!
posted July 15, 2006 03:04 PM        
what mods you got?
He has maps for all his pipes, flies in or out, tre or not, drag (MR9 and A/F out) or street.

You won't be disssapointed.... no flies smag.... different ANIMAL altogether!

BEASTLY !!

Ignore this member   
raptor14

Expert Class
posted July 15, 2006 03:21 PM        
We posted a thread about the same time. I installed Brock's Gen 3 and PC today. Here's my thread if you haven't seen it http://www.bikeland.org/board/viewthread.php?FID=27&TID=25104&set_time=1153005333. Congrats. The system is first rate.
  Ignore this member   
raptor14

Expert Class
posted July 15, 2006 03:30 PM        
Oh yeah, I bought my PC from Brock and the correct map was preloaded. Brock also sent me an e-mail with every single one of his ZX-14 maps. You will also be granted access to his maps via the web, as well as his private forum. Customer support has been excellent. You will probably get an e-mail shortly. Took 3 days for the pipe to ship from Brock's in OH to my house in CT. I had the maps 1 day earlier.
  Ignore this member   
cls

Expert Class
posted July 15, 2006 06:01 PM        
I'll back 'em up again: You'll love it. I got the Gen. 3 Ti, PC, TRE, and maps. Awesome stuff!
  Ignore this member   
EASY

Expert Class
posted July 17, 2006 04:04 AM        
I appreciate all the feedback guys---just make me feel more comfortable on a grand purchase. Mine is stock except for secondarys removed, two up on the rear sprocket, Dynojet PC111usb and coming is the pipe. As I stated in an earlier post, with a lot of time on the dyno we finally got 169.2 sae with the stock pipes. I think that is about all it will do. Back to the dyno when pipe is installed, so I will have an accurate profile of the change.
Someone stated that Brock's map somewhat tamed the low rpm power----you guys know anything about that??

swiftkart

Expert Class
posted July 17, 2006 04:16 AM        
quote:
I'll back 'em up again: You'll love it. I got the Gen. 3 Ti, PC, TRE, and maps. Awesome stuff!

+1

Ignore this member   
EASY

Expert Class
posted July 18, 2006 09:11 AM        
Got a call today from a nice lady at Brock's that told me my pipe did not ship out last week as I thought. It seems that she was at a race for the last several days and she was the one that approved credit cards over a grand. I was starting into my whine, but she told me that because of the delay, that they were going to overnight it to me today. HUH ??
What great service----now if I can just get the maps.

dubious

Needs a life
Needs more time to ride!
posted July 18, 2006 09:41 AM        Edited By: dubious on 18 Jul 2006 14:05
I have the smeg system.
Brock can answer your questions better than any of us.
email brock directly ...brock@brockracing.com
for questions regarding his maps, and access to them.

oh and yes, the support is top notch!

Ignore this member   
bbirdxx2000

Expert Class
posted July 18, 2006 11:46 AM        
quote:
I appreciate all the feedback guys---just make me feel more comfortable on a grand purchase. Mine is stock except for secondarys removed, two up on the rear sprocket, Dynojet PC111usb and coming is the pipe. As I stated in an earlier post, with a lot of time on the dyno we finally got 169.2 sae with the stock pipes. I think that is about all it will do. Back to the dyno when pipe is installed, so I will have an accurate profile of the change.
Someone stated that Brock's map somewhat tamed the low rpm power----you guys know anything about that??

Congrates, You got 169.2, what was it before the PC111????

Ignore this member   
EASY

Expert Class
posted July 18, 2006 12:57 PM        
No, it was 164 something and after mapping we got 169.2. The 164 was run as a zero map so it was the same as stock.
Hopefully, will get the Brock's pipe this week and then to the same dyno this weekend to see what the differance will be.

cls

Expert Class
posted July 18, 2006 04:58 PM        
As far as "taming the low-end," mine gained notably after mods. However, I also added a TRE at the same time, so it's hard to say about just the pipe/PC change...I"m still hoping to get more w/whatever flies mod. they come up w/.
  Ignore this member   
dubious

Needs a life
Needs more time to ride!
posted July 18, 2006 11:19 PM        
the tre is almost the same as flies out, they open sooner with the tre.

Ignore this member   
cls

Expert Class
posted July 19, 2006 11:19 AM        
Yeh, but the flies give you more, sooner. It's not huge, but I really want all I can get, especially down low. I'll wait a while longer to see what the pros come up w/.
  Ignore this member   
EASY

Expert Class
posted July 21, 2006 05:23 AM        
Installed the Brock system yesterday and loaded the pc with his no secondarys map.
* Quality is first rate. A little tricksy geeting everything adjusted, but it came out fine.
* Clearance at the oil filter is tight but can be adjusted to let a cap wrench fit.
* Great sound---just right for me.
* Power----about what I expected----runs great.
* Dyno this weekednd----Brocks map is very, very close but I think it can be inproved on.
* Post differance next week---this will be apples to apples comparison as all that has been
changed is the pipe and map.

dubious

Needs a life
Needs more time to ride!
posted July 21, 2006 07:17 AM        
cls,
I was impliing its a waste to use the tre, if you pull the flies
I have been riding my bike for 6-8 weeks with no flies, and brocks pipe.

Ignore this member   
cls

Expert Class
posted July 21, 2006 07:41 AM        
Cool. I'm headed in that direction. Just waiting to see if a better option arises in the next couple of months...I take it you've experienced none of the driveability issues down low?
  Ignore this member   
dubious

Needs a life
Needs more time to ride!
posted July 21, 2006 11:24 AM        
I have some idle issues, but wiil never go back to stock ecm control of the secondaries though!

Guys concerned with the idle, are running the tre instead of flies out.
Seems to be a good compromise.

I like FULL POWER CAPTAIN! LOL
and I like my gear indicator!

Have you seen Brocks dynos. drag tests, and comparisons?
Good read!

Ignore this member   
cls

Expert Class
posted July 21, 2006 01:46 PM        
Yeh, I read it. The TRE does a nice job, but if I can have more power and my indicator, I'm all for that. As long as it's smooth and driveable. It's gotta' be "right" above all else. I do too much true street riding (Traffic, two-up, etc.) to have it glitchy. The change is coming. I just want to see what "they" come out w/before I spend money and time again.

Thanks for the feedback.

Ignore this member   
raptor14

Expert Class
posted July 21, 2006 03:08 PM        
My ultimate plan is to pull the flies. Seems like it provides more power than the TRE. However, since the bike is still under warrenty I wimped out and bought a TRE. I have Brocks StreetSmart and a PC installed also, with Brock's map for my setup. I decided on the TRE for one reason and one reason only, if the bike has a warrenty issue I can reverse every mod I've made to it without any good way for Kawi to know. I'm concerned that if I pulled the flies right now they might be able to tell upon close inspection that they were reinstalled. Yep, I agree, the odds of them checking the flies are small. I'm just cautious. The TRE will last until the warrenty expires. Then its TRE out, along with the flies.
  Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Kudos to Brock NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2023 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.22232103347778 seconds processing time