HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: rode all day and never took it over 55mph NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
dbeadling

Zone Head
posted July 03, 2006 08:31 PM        
rode all day and never took it over 55mph

had a blast...rode 300 miles of back roads and farms....nothing fast...just slow and easy.

Ignore this member   

Novice Class
posted July 03, 2006 09:02 PM        
Burned a tank full Sunday went on THE Sunday Morning Ride down Highway 1 north of SF to Point Reyes for breakfast then took one of the canyons back to Highway 101 to head home. Some say it's simply the best and most challenging motorcycle road.
The first part is owned by supermotard thumpers because it is so tight, then it opens up where HP rules. But they sometimes go a little faster than 55. A little sore today haven't road that hard that long in a while. I took it relatively easy, as I don't know the road like the riders that run it every Sunday. The 14 handled great even the tight stuff, great ride

Ignore this member   
dbeadling

Zone Head
posted July 03, 2006 09:40 PM        
this bike does it all...fast or slow
  Ignore this member   
CrotchRocket

Bracket Racing with Betsy
posted July 04, 2006 04:37 AM        Edited By: CrotchRocket on 4 Jul 2006 05:38
Riding all day at 55mph...I dont know how you did it, your a better man than me

I would have fell a

*****DragRacers do it better, because they dont cut Corners*****

Ignore this member    Click here to visit CrotchRocket's homepage. 
2toGo

Expert Class
posted July 04, 2006 05:37 AM        
Ditto
  Ignore this member   
swft

Needs a life
Full throttle!
posted July 04, 2006 05:48 AM        
I guess you guys aren't much into turns, eh?
  Ignore this member   
Tool Man

Needs a job
posted July 04, 2006 05:56 AM        
Went out Mon. morning to my favorite local twisty and found 3 young men on their 636, an R6 and a 1000RR that tried to tell me that "Ya a 14 may be fast at the drags but up here in the twistys 600s rule" I really like being a teacher I can see why thet work for so little pay

Ignore this member   
fastestbusaaround

Needs a life
I eat Fish...
posted July 04, 2006 06:50 AM        
14's can pretty well keep up and beat a 600 with the right rider...I agree with you...problem with a lot of those dudes on the 600's (especially the younger ones) is that they can stunt fine, but then you see the infamous brake lights come on in the turns in a panic...I love that...

Ignore this member    Click here to visit FastestBusaAround's homepage. 
TJ

Zone Head
posted July 04, 2006 07:12 AM        
quote:
problem with a lot of those dudes on the 600's (especially the younger ones) is that they can stunt fine, but then you see the infamous brake lights come on in the turns in a panic...I love that...

+1

Ignore this member   
HiMile14

Expert Class
posted July 04, 2006 08:37 AM        
I've done that for a couple hours, Blue Ridge Parkway comes to mind. There are a couple areas riding out to Deals Gap you can do 55-60 mph but for the most part getting past 45 mph is quite a challenge and yes I loved every min of it.
Rob

Ignore this member   
ZREXER

Expert Class
posted July 04, 2006 09:51 AM        
As the Sammy Hager tune goes.........I can't drive...................55!

I have to admit the bike does work well when you are in cruise mode though.

Ignore this member   
dbeadling

Zone Head
posted July 04, 2006 10:14 AM        
ive seen that panic light go right between the trees and into the woods...those kids will do anything to win or find a short cut.
  Ignore this member   
smokinZX14

Needs a life
posted July 04, 2006 10:32 AM        
quote:
had a blast...rode 300 miles of back roads and farms....nothing fast...just slow and easy.
I rode from Friday night till the sun came up Sat.... I never got under 55 ...lol and i got a ticket for 101 MPH in a 60 to boot ...

Ignore this member   
2toGo

Expert Class
posted July 04, 2006 10:42 AM        
Smoken,
How well does the bike respond with out a pc?

Ignore this member   
dbeadling

Zone Head
posted July 04, 2006 10:56 AM        
40 over....not good.....35 over in my state and they say goodbye lic. for at least a year
  Ignore this member   
Tool Man

Needs a job
posted July 04, 2006 10:59 AM        
Ya, these kids were a trip. They had no idea of proper lines through a corner, braking way too deep and scaring the crap out of themselves, nothing smooth about their riding. Kind of reminded me of me about 25 years ago :P

In 1978 on PCH Hwy 1 somewhere north of Crescent City Ca. two of my riding buddies and I were on a lap of the west vacation from Chicago. We ran into this old guy on a BMW R65, we all passed him on our CB750's and a brand new Kz650. I did not think much about it until he went passed us again in the middle of a sweeper with the occasional spark or two coming off the left cylinder head. I tried to catch him back but there was no way!! I could make up some space on the straights but in the next turn his entrance speed was way faster than I could deal with. We caught up with him at the next road house, he had been there for awhile, and it turns out he had just retired from CHP after 20 years on motors as he put it. I just could not believe how fast and smooth that old guy was, he taught me a valued lesson that day, one that I can only hope I passed on yesterday

Ignore this member   
RunningFree

Expert Class
posted July 04, 2006 11:03 AM        
quote:
14's can pretty well keep up and beat a 600 with the right rider...I agree with you...problem with a lot of those dudes on the 600's (especially the younger ones) is that they can stunt fine, but then you see the infamous brake lights come on in the turns in a panic...I love that...

+1

The best part of repentance is the sinning

Ignore this member   
fastestbusaaround

Needs a life
I eat Fish...
posted July 04, 2006 11:06 AM        
I get beat bad all the time by my riding instructor, who's 60, rides a GS and sparks fly off the bottom of his saddlebags when he enters the corners...but at least I don't use the damn brakes in a panic on the turns...so that's a good start...

Tool Man

Needs a job
posted July 04, 2006 11:10 AM        Edited By: Tool Man on 4 Jul 2006 12:11
quote:
I get beat bad all the time by my riding instructor, who's 60, rides a GS and sparks fly off the bottom of his saddlebags when he enters the corners...but at least I don't use the damn brakes in a panic on the turns...so that's a good start...

He uses the sparks to catch your attention. I used to put my knee in the dirt at Gratton all the time (to distract) if someone was trying to pass

Ignore this member   
fastestbusaaround

Needs a life
I eat Fish...
posted July 04, 2006 11:12 AM        
Well...it works...and it works well...

dbeadling

Zone Head
posted July 04, 2006 11:13 AM        
saddle bags .....gear shifters....sneakers....flip flops they all help to slow you down in a hurry...why burn out your brakes if you dont have too
  Ignore this member   
dbeadling

Zone Head
posted July 04, 2006 11:16 AM        
I usually just to straight for the rocks and take my chances
  Ignore this member   
sands

Expert Class
posted July 04, 2006 05:10 PM        Edited By: sands on 4 Jul 2006 18:13
quote:
Went out Mon. morning to my favorite local twisty and found 3 young men on their 636, an R6 and a 1000RR that tried to tell me that "Ya a 14 may be fast at the drags but up here in the twistys 600s rule" I really like being a teacher I can see why thet work for so little pay

I never undserstood why do people on slower bikes always feel like it's neccessary to try and throw out statements like that...Like you're totally unaware of the strengths of a 600..It' like they need to verbally mention something redeeming about what they ride to boost their own insecurity of having a less powerful bike.....That would be like you saying "yeah, those 600's may be good in twisties but they are slow compared to the 14 and busa at the drags"....It's like, what's the point ?

Ignore this member   
swft

Needs a life
Full throttle!
posted July 04, 2006 05:23 PM        
'zactly...

I just tell peeps to chill and enjoy what they got!
82 Gpz750, 84 Ninja 900, 2000 ZX12R (Muzzy Big Bore Kit), *another* 2000 ZX12R (Muzzy custom stroke crank 1341cc motor), 2004 ZZR1200, 2005 ZX10R, 2007 ZX14, 2008 Concours 14, 2014 Versys 650, 2014 Yamaha WR450F, 2015 Ninja H2

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: rode all day and never took it over 55mph NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2023 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.2205970287323 seconds processing time