HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: ZX-14 Wins CycleWorld's Best Open Streetbike for 2006 NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
blitzkrieg

Needs a job
Road kill = Free lunch.
posted June 25, 2006 03:24 PM        
ZX-14 Wins CycleWorld's Best Open Streetbike for 2006

I haven't ridden one yet, but it doesn't surprise me considering all the positive comments I've been hearing. Ironically they think the low speed restriction is a positive attribute.

From July CycleWorld:

"It may seem strange that a bike offering nearly 200 horsepower has taken this category in lieu of being named Best Superbike.

While the new flagship Ninja - capable of sprinting the quarter-mile quicker than any production bike we've ever tested - certainly meets the criteria of a landmark Superbike, it's this machine's more docile side that has made it our choice of best overall large-caliber streetbike of the year.

Through the magic of black-box mapping, the low-rev power delivery of this King Kong Kawi has been tamed to a level that even an average rider can command

And like King, the 14 is surprisingly agile within it's weight class, making it at ease in the urban jungle and on the open road.

All this and savage acceleration when there's a need to show teeth."

Ignore this member   
cls

Expert Class
posted June 25, 2006 04:06 PM        
No real surprise there. Great bike.

The low-end mess has pretty well been covered. For a mass-marketing scheme, it makes good sense. For me, roll-ons are too important, and fun, for street riding.

Love the bike, though.

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: ZX-14 Wins CycleWorld\'s Best Open Streetbike for 2006 NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2023 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.34218001365662 seconds processing time