HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Pic of CF Brock/Hindle on my Red 14 NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
gtracing

Expert Class
posted June 19, 2006 03:33 PM        Edited By: gtracing on 19 Jun 2006 16:33
Pic of CF Brock/Hindle on my Red 14

Rain was crazy in Houston today, so couldn't make it to my dyno day. Hopefully will clear up ASAP!!

Ignore this member   
suicycle

Expert Class
posted June 19, 2006 03:41 PM        
Hey there...i just got done putting the same system on my zx-14 (same color bike too). Was just wondering do you know where to put that red plug, that comes with the pipe, for the air injection system? I dont want to have the tear the whole bike apart to find it.
Thanks,
Greg

Ignore this member   
gtracing

Expert Class
posted June 19, 2006 03:49 PM        
hmmm I didn't get any red plugs??I assume they are for the Kleen system
  Ignore this member   
thevak

Expert Class
posted June 19, 2006 03:50 PM        

Nice pipe I have the Muzzy Carbon Fiber because I like the sound. Even
though allot of people are saying wait for the Apropovic but I wanted to pipe
it and didn't want to wait. I like the muzzy. I am sure that Hindle sounds sweet.
We should have a sight where you can go and here different pipes on the 14
to decide what pipe you want......................

Ignore this member    Click here to visit thevak's homepage. 
Brock

Sponsor
posted June 19, 2006 04:02 PM        
The red plug is used to plug the emissions hose (and airbox) running up to the right hand side of the airbox from the valve cover....this prevents deceleration pop. It is a 3/4 inch black hose- you can't miss it. Remove the hose from the airbox-Cut the tip of the hose straight- install the red cap over the hose and then insert the hose/cap into the rubber grommet in the air box. A bit of WD-40 makes things insert a bit better.

You should have received color instructions?

E-mail ej@brockracing.com tomorrow and ask for a copy if they were not in your box.

I will be out tomorrow making maps for no secondary throttle plate maps......

Brock

Ignore this member    Click here to visit Brock's homepage. 
sands

Expert Class
posted June 19, 2006 04:06 PM        
Very nice pic and angle for the bike..Pipe looks really nice too...How about some more pics and a ride report when you get a chance ?

Ignore this member   
gtracing

Expert Class
posted June 19, 2006 04:06 PM        
do you mind shipping me out a set of instructions/plug?
Didn't see it in the box, oh I refused the second shippment of the exhaust today. Thanks again for the great service!

Ignore this member   
shawnski

Pro
posted June 19, 2006 04:15 PM        
looks great, let us know how it runs with no secondary valves. mine is a monster with no secondary valve and muzzy slip on. i got it to about 8000 rpm yesterday not full throttle, i had to hold on tight, the power is awsome.
  Ignore this member   
swft

Needs a life
Full throttle!
posted June 19, 2006 04:22 PM        
looking good!
  Ignore this member   
Ojref

Expert Class
posted June 19, 2006 06:22 PM        Edited By: Ojref on 19 Jun 2006 19:24
Looking awesome man. I see that "Allison II" kept you from the dyno - hopefully this system will blow the hell out of here soon.

How much was the pipe assembly?

Ignore this member   
serius blk

Zone Head
posted June 19, 2006 06:48 PM        
Looks good gt. How is everybody in Houston making it. With the rain and all it may be a few days before we'll be able to ride. I know with the exhaust its awesome to ride. Maybe after the rain you ll get to see what it will do.
  Ignore this member   
gtracing

Expert Class
posted June 19, 2006 08:12 PM        
Man, I fucking almost ran out of gas on the 45 feeder today in my truck, and had to go up on the grass.. (everyone was waiting b/c of a fucking lake on the feeder).... Well to make a long story short I got stuck in the mud for four hours untill I could actually get a friend with a 4x4 through the traffic to help me out.)couldn't go forward b/c of the water, couldn't go back b/c of the traffic) I actually helped push three or four idiots out of the water... Water was well past the hood of some of the cars... I wonder what these people were thinking when they saw diesel pickups stuck and still went for it.
After helpin those people, I politely asked a tow truck driver how much to pull me out.. Crook told me $100 b/c of gas prices(to push me 15 feet??) Then he told me be lucky your not stuck in the water ir it would have been $250.. I basically told him to get bent and waited.

Ignore this member   
gtracing

Expert Class
posted June 19, 2006 08:20 PM        Edited By: gtracing on 19 Jun 2006 21:22
pics

more pics

Ignore this member   
TJ

Zone Head
posted June 19, 2006 08:23 PM        
quote:
looks great, let us know how it runs with no secondary valves. mine is a monster with no secondary valve and muzzy slip on. i got it to about 8000 rpm yesterday not full throttle, i had to hold on tight, the power is awsome.

Aren't the secondary flies open anyway at 8K rpms?

Ignore this member   
hawkman

Zone Head
posted June 19, 2006 10:40 PM        
Lookin' awesome. Thanks for sharing! That's how I'd set my 14 up.
  Ignore this member   
zxlnt

Needs a job
Kawpuke Extraordinare
posted June 19, 2006 11:50 PM        
I definately like the carbon can. Looks hot. Cant wait to get that set up on my machine..

Ignore this member   
suicycle

Expert Class
posted June 20, 2006 02:38 AM        
Well I just got back in from riding my 14 all day after the pipe install (exact same Brock pipe and can as gtracing..on exact same color bike as gtracing). How do you like yours gt? I love mine..cant wait for the real zx14 power commander to come out. The sound is very deep and throaty and with the 2.25 diameter tailpipes and muffler core it sounds very much like the old school pipes...not super quiet and wimpy sounding like all the new pipes seem to be. In fact it sounds really really close to the old race only Yoshimura thats on my 1452 GSXR motor. I mean really close. There is a bit of a lean stumble right between 4 and 5k on the tach...and it does still pop from time to time on deceleration, all of which im sure will be cured when I can tune it with a P/C. My best friend and racing partner was gonna go Muzzy on his 14..until he heard and rode mine today with Gen 3 brock on it. I just wish that it had Brocks name in the big letters and Hindle in the little letters. I am going to use one of the Brock Performance stickers that came with my system to try and make this happen. By the way Brock thanks for the post on here about the Kleen valve block off. My pipe did come with color instructions but they made no mention of the block off plug or of where it went on the bike.
  Ignore this member   
maximus

Needs a job
posted June 20, 2006 07:42 AM        
Thats nice G,looks good.
  Ignore this member   
fullzx12r

Zone Head
French Guy
posted June 20, 2006 09:18 AM        
thanks look good
zzr 1400 12'

Ignore this member    Click here to visit fullzx12r's homepage. 
nightmare

Pro
ACP Racing
posted June 20, 2006 09:31 AM        
Hey man I'm from Houston! What part are you from!
ACP Racing

Ignore this member    Click here to visit nightmare's homepage. 
Wideout

Expert Class
posted June 20, 2006 12:31 PM        
Ton of Houston riders here.
  Ignore this member   
zerMATT

Pro
posted June 20, 2006 12:52 PM        
Looks great GT!!!

Ignore this member   
magzx12r

Expert Class
posted June 20, 2006 12:52 PM        
quote:
Ton of Houston riders here.

Yep.

Ignore this member   
gtracing

Expert Class
posted June 20, 2006 02:08 PM        
Thanks guys, I reside on the west side of town.
Sound is great, rev-matching on downshifts sounds incredible!
Still haven't got a chance to actually "ride" it, but will as soon as it clears up a little.. Most of the roads here are still a little wet.

Ignore this member   
shawnski

Pro
posted June 20, 2006 02:15 PM        
quote:
Thanks guys, I reside on the west side of town.
Sound is great, rev-matching on downshifts sounds incredible!
Still haven't got a chance to actually "ride" it, but will as soon as it clears up a little.. Most of the roads here are still a little wet.

i used to live few years ago in beltway 8 and westheimer, i miss that side of town, a lot of action in galleria area.
are the bikers still get together in coney island by galleria area. i use to go there sometimes on saturday nites.

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 2 pages long: 1  2     Next» ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Pic of CF Brock/Hindle on my Red 14 NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2023 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.24418592453003 seconds processing time