HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: I Crashed the Blue Beauty NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
zxfingyz

Expert Class
posted June 14, 2006 10:05 AM        
Totally sorry to see you had the mishap.
Great news that you are up and walking! Every day is bonus because of that helmet huh?
How much space would you say you had between you and the old ladys car?

Ignore this member   
dubious

Needs a life
Needs more time to ride!
posted June 14, 2006 03:46 PM        
Make sure the upper fairing brackets and all other little pieces like that are replaced... or you'll be wrestling with the plastic every time it comes off......see if you can geta new subframe out of them too.

Make sure its done completely right... or else replaced...
Its not worth the hassle dealing with them months later when you find issues...

Ignore this member   
FasterThanStink

Pro
posted June 14, 2006 05:00 PM        
quote:
Make sure the upper fairing brackets and all other little pieces like that are replaced... or you'll be wrestling with the plastic every time it comes off......see if you can geta new subframe out of them too.

Make sure its done completely right... or else replaced...
Its not worth the hassle dealing with them months later when you find issues...

Yup. The thing I worry about with this is if the bike is not replaced will it be fixed correctly? You would like to think so, but being a new bike, few if any, mechanics will have experience assembling things like the display, etc. I would feel better with a replacement bike if it would not kill me financially. I can not afford to put up another down payment at this time. I'm not familiar with how things are settled with a new bike that has a bank loan. I guess I'll find out soon.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit FasterThanStink's homepage. 
dubious

Needs a life
Needs more time to ride!
posted June 14, 2006 07:06 PM        
Insurance should pay book value at minimum, or even full replacement if you have good coverage........replacement of all damaged goodsand personal damages if the other party is deemed to be at fault... they usually want to settle out of court.... but can be lengthly.
Some settlements take up to 2 years.

was anyone charged....?

Ignore this member   
FasterThanStink

Pro
posted June 14, 2006 07:20 PM        
Many insurance companies have quietly gone to paying only book value, not replacement cost. They have found a new way to extract $$ from your wallet called gap insurance. If you drive a vehicle off of the lot it depreciates. They will pay only book value for the vehicle, not replacement value. Gap insurance guarantees full replacement value.
I looked up the ZX-14 NADA book value for a used 2006 and it is $11,499. List price, due to the fact that they are in demand and some have paid over list. If this was the case I would get a new bike minus the deductible. Which would be good. I just don't have total confidence in the local dealer putting this bike back together perfectly.
I'll be on pins and needles until I find out. Then I guess I'll be back to waiting for my 14. I have had plenty of practice at that.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit FasterThanStink's homepage. 
jimzx9r

Expert Class
posted June 14, 2006 08:02 PM        
Sorry to say it, but it's totalled. Looks like you smashed up every plastic piece on the bike, and that's enough right there. When you factor in the labor, you will easily hit $8k. Don't forget the 2 hours they will take to inspect the bike, and the cost to put the frame on a Computrak. The bike is done.

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 3 pages long: 1  2  3   ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: I Crashed the Blue Beauty NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2023 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.34758114814758 seconds processing time