HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Guess who got THE call today?!??!?!!? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
zermatt

Pro
posted April 21, 2006 09:28 PM        Edited By: zermatt on 21 Apr 2006 21:38
Guess who got THE call today?!??!?!!?

Guess who got THE call today?!??!?!!?

Yup, it's here, and it's RED! I didn't want to pass on having this bike NOW, so I took the first one my dealer got. Sure, blue would have been nice, but this red really does look great in-the-flesh.

I picked it up this afternoon at 3:30pm, rode it back to work, worked till 10:45pm, then rode it home. Damn I wish this wasn't the weekend that I *chose* to work when we were planning this project 3 months ago... Oh well, if we're lucky, we'll be done by tomorrow and I'll get to ride on Sunday.

More pics later, but here's the proof:

Ignore this member   
zermatt

Pro
posted April 21, 2006 09:30 PM        
Oh - and I rode home in the dark tonight. These headlights are good, but my ZZR headlights were better.

Ignore this member   
Nixter

Expert Class
posted April 21, 2006 09:41 PM        
Congratulations!! Hopefully I will join the club within the week.
  Ignore this member   
zermatt

Pro
posted April 21, 2006 09:50 PM        Edited By: zermatt on 21 Apr 2006 21:53
I can confirm what others have said - this was worth the wait! The bike rides VERY nice - the engine is SOOOOOOO SMOOOOOOOTH, it's amazing. I don't think I've reved it over 7k rpms yet, but it pulls so hard from 4-7k, I can't imagine what it's going to be like once I open it up a bit. I took it up to about 130 or so on the way home tonight... DAMN it pulls like a freight train in 6th gear even!!

I've only got 70 or so miles on it so far, but I plan to put 300 or so on Sunday if I get my work done and get to ride with my buddies.

So far, what's left the biggest impression on me (other than the power!) is how SMOOTH and QUIET this bike is when you are just tooling around. It's slick as shit... like fluid in motion. I can't wait until I get used to the slightly different riding position (it's a tad more cramped than my ZZR) and try out the handling. This thing feels like a liter bike compared to my ZZR.... oh, and the brakes are like... NOW!!! Very nice!!

Ignore this member   
FasterThanStink

Pro
posted April 21, 2006 09:58 PM        
Youza! That is an attention getter! You were smart to take the first bike. Who knows when the rest will arrive. The red does look good. You'll have to get a new avatar. Should be a fun weekend for you. I bet the time at work will crawl with that beauty beckoning in the garage!

Ignore this member    Click here to visit FasterThanStink's homepage. 
zermatt

Pro
posted April 21, 2006 10:03 PM        
True.... but at least the weather is PERFECT this weekend, so I'll be riding it to and from work at least

Ignore this member   
Wideout

Expert Class
posted April 21, 2006 10:22 PM        
Congrats d00d
  Ignore this member   
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted April 21, 2006 11:12 PM        
photoshop!

Ignore this member    Click here to visit fish_antlers's homepage. 
ZREXER

Expert Class
posted April 21, 2006 11:13 PM        
I really don't mind the red either...........it's just all my gear is blue! I'll hang in for a blue one or possibly black if available.

It's getting more encouraging in the last few days seeing a few of these bikes going to good homes!

Ignore this member   
VPN

Zone Head
posted April 22, 2006 02:27 AM        
Can you get it going from full stop using 6th or 5th gear?
  Ignore this member   
Tool Man

Needs a job
posted April 22, 2006 04:32 AM        
Right on Zermatt. I too could not be happier. Put about 100 on yesterday. a few more load run to get the rings seated This bikes got nuts , BIG ONES. Have fun. going to be a good weekend for us, Ya think?

Ignore this member   
zx61114

Expert Class
posted April 22, 2006 04:44 AM        
VPN,
Please wait until all the parts are broken in before you start from 5 or 6th gear. I guess it's my ignorance but why would you want to do that anyway?
ZerMatt,
You answered my question (Red) from an earlier post. Glad to see the 14 is making it closer to Florida.
Rob

Ignore this member   
zermatt

Pro
posted April 22, 2006 04:50 AM        
VPN - I'm not sure I want to abuse the clutch that much on a brand-new bike. I'll wait till I've got a few hundred miles on it before I try something like that

I'm sure it'll do it though - it's got plenty of power and a sweet clutch. For that matter, my ZZR1200 would have done it too... the ZZR actually had more turque below 3k rpm just based on what I've experienced so far.

Ignore this member   
fastestbusaaround

Needs a life
Gunner's a FAG.
posted April 22, 2006 05:05 AM        
Your statement about more TQ on the ZZR1200 below 3K, suggests that it's not the low end TQ monster that the Busa is...I thought it would pull even harder than that...but I have heard that it is sick pull at 5K and higher. Can you tell me how much room there is under the seat for storage?

2008 ZX14 - stretched...PCIII, timing advance, etc...
2009 Concours 14 - AreaP exhaust, PCIII etc...
1999 HD Road King 120 RWHP/125 RWTQ...serious engine build.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit FastestBusaAround's homepage. 
ZZR

Novice Class
posted April 22, 2006 05:58 AM        
quote:
... the ZZR actually had more turque below 3k rpm just based on what I've experienced so far.

You seem to be right. It's the same experience as reported in the german magazine MOTORRAD last week.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit ZZR's homepage. 
CrotchRocket

Bracket Racing with Betsy
posted April 22, 2006 06:02 AM        Edited By: CrotchRocket on 22 Apr 2006 06:07
Thank God

Now we dont have to see anymore of your posts!!!

CONGRATS !!!

Sorry Matt, gotcha mixed up with Drowland !!!...I hope he gets his ASAP, he needs to stop

*****DragRacers do it better, because they dont cut Corners*****

Ignore this member    Click here to visit CrotchRocket's homepage. 
FearsomeK

Novice Class
posted April 22, 2006 06:55 AM        Edited By: FearsomeK on 22 Apr 2006 06:56
"""Your statement about more TQ on the ZZR1200 below 3K, suggests that it's not the low end TQ monster that the Busa is..""""

I had a ZZR12 as well.

It pulls harder low down than a Busa due to gearing.

In a "thrust" test done in one of the mags the ZZR12 had the most thrust of any of the big bikes due to gearing. It can pull off in 6th.

Ignore this member   
smokinZX14

Needs a life
posted April 22, 2006 07:21 AM        
Glad you got your 14 and happy it hear your reports .. Sounds just like what we have all been waiting for.... I can wait till my zx14 shows up !!!!! Untill mine shows up you and others will just have to put up with my crying and stomping of my feet like a 3 year old child , then i will return to the 50 year old happy grand pa ....lol.....

Ignore this member   
swft

Full throttle!
posted April 22, 2006 08:41 AM        
I remember how shocked Zhooligan was when I pulled him from the bottom when he was on a 1270 ZX12R...And me on my stock ZZR. That situation changed around 80 mph of course.
  Ignore this member   
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted April 22, 2006 09:23 AM        
let the guys break it in.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit fish_antlers's homepage. 
VPN

Zone Head
posted April 22, 2006 10:53 AM        
No low end torque?
I hope the dynos will show - after the break-in period
more than 98Nm @ 2000 rpm

Ignore this member   
D

Needs a job
posted April 22, 2006 11:06 AM        
Not "no" low end torque.

Everyhting I've read sez this thing is tuned for mid-range,

Ignore this member   
worm~hole

Needs a life
Miles to go before I sleep....
posted April 22, 2006 11:11 AM        
...all of a sudden the ZZR1200 doesn't look so strange afterall...its a matter of visual acclimation and acceptance, I suppose...could it be cheaper for Kawasaki to 'Concour-ize' the ZZR1200 instead of shafting the ZX-14?...bump the ZZR1200's displacement to 1300 and lets call it the Kawasaki "Conqueror" 1300...

-George Orwell

Ignore this member   
fastestbusaaround

Needs a life
Gunner's a FAG.
posted April 22, 2006 11:26 AM        
Not no-low end torque...shit -- my FJR1300 pulled harder than a Busa at 3K, but at 4...well that was another story...Busa took all

2008 ZX14 - stretched...PCIII, timing advance, etc...
2009 Concours 14 - AreaP exhaust, PCIII etc...
1999 HD Road King 120 RWHP/125 RWTQ...serious engine build.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit FastestBusaAround's homepage. 
VPN

Zone Head
posted April 22, 2006 12:46 PM        
quote:
Not "no" low end torque.

Everyhting I've read sez this thing is tuned for mid-range,

perhaps the 2007 GTR-1400 has super-low-end-torque
and option for HUGE hard & aerodynamically streamlined side-bags

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 2 pages long: 1  2     Next» ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Guess who got THE call today?!??!?!!? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2011 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.782540082932 seconds processing time