HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Guess who got THE call today?!??!?!!? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
D

Needs a job
posted April 22, 2006 12:57 PM        
In reality, lower end torque is just a sprocket change away.
  Ignore this member   
nightmare

Pro
ACP Racing
posted April 22, 2006 04:41 PM        
Too much low end torque will be too hard to hold the bike down in drag racing right??????
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit nightmare's homepage. 
zerMATT

Pro
posted April 22, 2006 05:54 PM        
quote:
Can you tell me how much room there is under the seat for storage?
There is absolutely NO space under the seat. All the junk under there is FLAT with no gaps or pockets, except for the tool kit compartment. There is a *very* slight indentation in the under-side of the seat near the ECU, and as fish said in his review (if I remember correctly), you could probably fit a power commander or a single pack of cigarettes there, but THAT'S IT!

Bottom line - forget about storing ANYTHING under the seat. I don't even think a scrunched-up bungie net would fit in there.

Ignore this member   
fastestbusaaround

Needs a life
I eat Fish...
posted April 22, 2006 05:55 PM        
Fuck...go figger...

Ignore this member    Click here to visit FastestBusaAround's homepage. 
zerMATT

Pro
posted April 22, 2006 05:55 PM        
quote:
Now we dont have to see anymore of your posts!!!

Sorry Matt, gotcha mixed up with Drowland !!!...I hope he gets his ASAP, he needs to stop
Man... I don't even hold a candle to some of the bitchin' that's been going on here...

Ignore this member   
Drowland

Zone Head
posted April 22, 2006 06:00 PM        
Whats up with the storage with the new bikes?? Isn't none.. WTF? Something I like on one of my very old bikes 92 ZX11D was the neat little compartment for your wallet or something on the top side of the fairing close to the triple trees...
  Ignore this member    Click here to send Drowland an AIM message. 
CrotchRocket

Bracket Racing with Betsy
posted April 22, 2006 06:00 PM        
Sheesh, whats with putting stuff under the seat...Nobody puts stuff under the seat anymore!!!...Thats what back packs are for!!!

Matt, dont worry about the seat storage Howabout telling us how you feel about your 14 !!!

*****DragRacers do it better, because they dont cut Corners*****

Ignore this member    Click here to visit CrotchRocket's homepage. 
Ozzy

Needs a job
need guberment cheese
posted April 22, 2006 06:32 PM        
quote:
I don't think I've reved it over 7k rpms yet, but it pulls so hard from 4-7k, I can't imagine what it's going to be like once I open it up a bit. I took it up to about 130 or so on the way home tonight... DAMN it pulls like a freight train in 6th gear even!!

I've only got 70 or so miles on it so far, but I plan to put 300 or so on Sunday if I get my work done and get to ride with my buddies.

Already void your warrantee?

Ignore this member   
zerMATT

Pro
posted April 22, 2006 06:59 PM        
quote:
The warranty doesn't say anything about observing the manufacturer's recommended break-in...

I'll be breaking in my bike however *I* chose to.

Ignore this member   
Drowland

Zone Head
posted April 22, 2006 07:14 PM        
Ride it like a dirty ho
  Ignore this member    Click here to send Drowland an AIM message. 
VPN

Zone Head
posted April 22, 2006 07:41 PM        
quote:
Too much low end torque will be too hard to hold the bike down in drag racing right??????

You don't start that drag race that low - rather mid-range

Ignore this member   
VPN

Zone Head
posted April 22, 2006 07:42 PM        
quote:
In reality, lower end torque is just a sprocket change away.

Actually I was hoping for HUGE low end torque
so I could easily set the sprocket the other way around
Just to save some gasoline at high speed

Ignore this member   
Ozzy

Needs a job
need guberment cheese
posted April 23, 2006 05:39 AM        
quote:
quote:
The warranty doesn't say anything about observing the manufacturer's recommended break-in...

I'll be breaking in my bike however *I* chose to.

Just quoting from another thread "http://www.bikeland.org/board/viewthread.php?FID=27&TID=23078&set_time=1145777424"

I personally dont think the ecu does data logs rpms/miles so as to provide KMC info to deny a warrantee claim, or for any other purpose.

I dont believe that a Kawi is any different than a Honda in the area of metallurgy, or engineering.
The 929 Honda had NO specific breakin procedure in the owners manual and was/is a very reliable long life engine. Is this because Honda has better machining tolerances, better metalurgy, better engineering, better quality control? I dont think so.

I remember back a few years when Muzzy did the top speed runs with the ZX12R. Muzzy broke in the bikes on thier dyno. It only took a a few hours to accomplish this breakin, not 2000 miles as Kawi had recommended. Think Rob was trying to make the bikes dogs so they couldnt beat a 'busa? I dont think so. Think Rob was using a recognized procedure, that accomplished the breakin effectively in the shortest possible time? I think so.

As you said, its your bike, do as you wish. To each his own.

I wont be breaking in a new Kawi until the GTR1400 is in my garage.That most likely gives me a few more years to wait, seeing as Kawi hasnt extracted the last ounce of life outta the Connie yet.
BTW, my ST1100 has 200,000 miles on it and I have no idea how it was broken in!

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 2 pages long: 1  2   ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Guess who got THE call today?!??!?!!? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2011 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.65065407753 seconds processing time