HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: So what is everyone going to buy? Since the 14 is not showing? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
Drowland

Zone Head
posted April 07, 2006 02:09 PM        
So what is everyone going to buy? Since the 14 is not showing?

Whats everyone going to buy??

Ignore this member    Click here to send Drowland an AIM message. 
EVIL1

Novice Class
posted April 07, 2006 02:37 PM        
Im going to buy a boat!!!!!!!!!!

Ignore this member   
ZREXER

Expert Class
posted April 07, 2006 02:40 PM        Edited By: ZREXER on 7 Apr 2006 15:41
I'm going to hang in there and wait for the '14. There is nothing else out there that really appeals to me as much as the '14. The ergo's on the sport 1000's are not comfortable enough for the distance touring I plan to do on the '14. They are a bit cramped as well for my 6' 1 1/2" size.

Sport touring bikes the Yamaha FJ 1300 & Honda ST 1300 lean a little too heavy in 'touring' side and not enough on the sport side for my current tastes. The BMW K1200S is pretty nice (i rode one last year) but I'm not completely sold on it's front suspension set up...........feels a little weird. You don't have a good sense of what the front tire is doing........feels kind of isolated. Maybe you get use to it. It is also more $ than I want to spend on a bike right now. I don't really want a 'Busa............fast , but kind of dated in a lot of areas now.

It does suck waiting, but at least I have my SV 650 for tooling around on..................probably just means I will not lose my license as quickly this year since the '14 is delayed!

Ignore this member   
FasterThanStink

Pro
posted April 07, 2006 03:02 PM        Edited By: FasterThanStink on 7 Apr 2006 16:02
After reading the review in Cycle Week I'm hanging in there no matter what. They loved it BTW. Not even a single nit pick.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit FasterThanStink's homepage. 
fastestbusaaround

Needs a life
I eat Fish...
posted April 07, 2006 03:06 PM        
Mine's in next week...think I can wait...but to anwer ZREXER...I am 6'2" at 210 and have long legs and do like 600-800 KM/day on the 10 and the R1...I have seriously arthritic knees that need to be repaced, yet at the end of the day, I have no issues on the liter bikes...I came off a Busa and an FJ in the last year and though they are less aggressive, the liter bikes are comfy for long rides....I even travel for weeks on end with the 10 and do like 5K over 10-12 days. Took a few hundred miles to get used to them again...but no problem here. I bet if you spent real time on the 1000's you would feel differently...especially on a 04-5 10r (not the 06)

Ignore this member    Click here to visit FastestBusaAround's homepage. 
swft

Needs a life
Full throttle!
posted April 07, 2006 03:11 PM        
GTR1400
  Ignore this member   
ZX11D

Zone Head
Internet Police
posted April 07, 2006 03:34 PM        
quote:
GTR1400

Hope it will be called that when it hits our shores. It sounds better than Concours.

Ignore this member   
smokinZX14

Needs a life
posted April 07, 2006 03:51 PM        
Had a Gixxer, zx10 and two busas...I guess there is nothing left to do but wait ....

Ignore this member   
ZREXER

Expert Class
posted April 07, 2006 03:56 PM        
quote:
Mine's in next week...think I can wait...but to anwer ZREXER...I am 6'2" at 210 and have long legs and do like 600-800 KM/day on the 10 and the R1...I have seriously arthritic knees that need to be repaced, yet at the end of the day, I have no issues on the liter bikes...I came off a Busa and an FJ in the last year and though they are less aggressive, the liter bikes are comfy for long rides....I even travel for weeks on end with the 10 and do like 5K over 10-12 days. Took a few hundred miles to get used to them again...but no problem here. I bet if you spent real time on the 1000's you would feel differently...especially on a 04-5 10r (not the 06)

My wife likes to go for rides, the '14 looks to be a little more passenger friendly than any of the sport 1000's. Any of the sport 1000's are not too bad on the highway as the wind takes some of the pressure off your arms, but I don't find them very comfortable for around town when you are in cruise mode.

Ignore this member   
lizard

Pro
Modulator
posted April 07, 2006 04:30 PM        
Don't give up they will be here soon. Don't settle on a Busa
  Ignore this member   
Drowland

Zone Head
posted April 07, 2006 05:08 PM        
Loook at that fucking banner!!!!! Launching in March 06.. What the hell?? Are you going to let them lie to us? I need a bike now and I'm sick of their lies.. Fuck KMC!
  Ignore this member    Click here to send Drowland an AIM message. 
CrazyKenny

Novice Class
posted April 07, 2006 05:23 PM        
I must admit that if Kawasaki runs there developement program like there ad campain where all wasting our money and time. Dissapointed is an understatement!
  Ignore this member   
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted April 07, 2006 05:24 PM        
Like I said.. banner doesn't lie... apparently you weren't at the launch... super bad luck fer you!

Ignore this member    Click here to visit fish_antlers's homepage. 
fastestbusaaround

Needs a life
I eat Fish...
posted April 07, 2006 06:34 PM        
quote:
quote:

My wife likes to go for rides, the '14 looks to be a little more passenger friendly than any of the sport 1000's. Any of the sport 1000's are not too bad on the highway as the wind takes some of the pressure off your arms, but I don't find them very comfortable for around town when you are in cruise mode.

Oh...when you say wife, of course that changes everything...mine has her own ride (the R1 in my sig)...in that case, wait it out...matter of days now IMO...

worm~hole

Needs a life
Miles to go before I sleep....
posted April 07, 2006 07:28 PM        
....GTR1400....if not Concours, then how about Conquers: the ultimate GT bike that conquers all.....

-George Orwell

Ignore this member   
rudebwoy

Expert Class
posted April 07, 2006 09:10 PM        
quote:
Whats everyone going to buy??

the '07 "YOU-KNOW-WHAT"... no, no no! Not the R1.

Ignore this member   
deathpulse

Pro
posted April 07, 2006 09:39 PM        
I actually like one of the Buells - the one with the translucent orange tank. That thing it SCHWEEET.
  Ignore this member   
BobC

Pro
posted April 07, 2006 11:28 PM        
Going to keep my GSX-R and wait. If the Kawasaki turns out to be a lemon at least we in the UK will have some warning, as the USA is getting it first. Hopefully it will be worth the wait and as good as we have seen at the press launches etc. Anyway, if the Kawasaki is no-show or no-go for any reason I'll know from you guys before I have to hand over money so I can hang on another six months for the next Hayabusa.

2012 ZZR1400 in Golden Blazed Green
Brock CT Full System. etc
Max: 203.1 in 1 mile (so far)

Ignore this member   
ZZR

Novice Class
posted April 07, 2006 11:37 PM        
I began thinking about to take a 06 12R, because I could take it immediately from the showroom. Then waiting for the 07 model of the 14.

But damned.....I STILL WANT A 14.......NOW!!!!

Ignore this member    Click here to visit ZZR's homepage. 
fastestbusaaround

Needs a life
I eat Fish...
posted April 08, 2006 02:46 AM        
06 12R?

ZZR

Novice Class
posted April 08, 2006 03:34 AM        Edited By: ZZR on 8 Apr 2006 04:35
quote:
06 12R?

Yes! In Europe the ZX-12R is available as a model 06.
You can check it on kawasaki.de

fastestbusaaround

Needs a life
I eat Fish...
posted April 08, 2006 03:46 AM        
Was not aware...I wonder why they would do that...

ZZR

Novice Class
posted April 08, 2006 03:58 AM        
quote:
Was not aware...I wonder why they would do that...

Maybe for customers in my situation? Perhaps they knew more than they said.....
I hope this ist not really the reason.

fastestbusaaround

Needs a life
I eat Fish...
posted April 08, 2006 04:03 AM        
Somehow, I doubt that it is...possibly some markets are stronger than others, making it easier for them to move excess inventory where demand for certain machines is higher than in other markets, depite the introduction of replacement models.

ZZR

Novice Class
posted April 08, 2006 04:16 AM        
quote:
Somehow, I doubt that it is...possibly some markets are stronger than others, making it easier for them to move excess inventory where demand for certain machines is higher than in other markets, depite the introduction of replacement models.

Sounds like a good argument.

All times are America/Va [ This thread is 2 pages long: 1  2     Next» ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: So what is everyone going to buy? Since the 14 is not showing? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2014 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.765160083771 seconds processing time