HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Poll: ABS or not? North American Members only please! NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
ZX11D

Zone Head
Internet Police
posted March 13, 2006 06:36 PM        
You bet, swft !
  Ignore this member   
swft

Full throttle!
posted March 13, 2006 07:11 PM        
Here's a question for our esteemed suppliers and tuners. Can the ABS system be refitted to a North American ZX14?
  Ignore this member   
D

Needs a job
posted March 13, 2006 07:19 PM        
PITA - new rotors,speed sensor(s),calipers, junction block, brake lines and module(s).

Hardly cost effective even if ya could.

Ignore this member   
jimzx9r

Expert Class
posted March 13, 2006 07:23 PM        
I'm sure it could. Probably requires the ABS system and a euro spec computer...just need to find somebody willing to sell and ship. I didn't really look too hard at the system, I don't know if it uses the same calipers and rotors as the regular 14, but it probably does.

I have a feeling it will be stupid expensive, though. Kawi is going to know exactly what people are doing when they go to a dealer and try to special order all the ABS parts. They might actually refuse the order, or require the VIN of a bike with the ABS.

Ignore this member   
apehanger

Parking Attendant
posted April 08, 2006 08:24 PM        
Having driven both - for daily, routine riding, I can assuredly say that ABS is an excellent feature to have. Yes, on the track and extreme riding regardless of whether it's dry or wet, on the open road with full concentration, you can utilize non-ABS brakes to maximize late braking into a turn or modulate the rear to compensate for certain situations, but when communting in the wet city, especially on wet tar strips or leaves in the fall, ABS is welcome. I know professional racers who when street riding in the rain grabbed a bit of front and locked up the wheel on a wet tar strip only to fold the front and go down, and I know more that one who did that. Sometimes, you may be able to react quick enough to release and recover, but not always. If you're not ready for it, it only takes a split second. The other thing is rider's generally look ahead and may not notice a bit of water mixed with diesel on the ground too. So, when you're coming up to stop and your tires are nicely slimed, braking might not be so easy. With today's 32 or 64 bit cpu's in vehicles, good ABS is not a problem, and I say - keep 'em coming. It should be an option - should you not want it. Anyways, my 2 cents.
  Ignore this member   
swft

Full throttle!
posted April 08, 2006 09:12 PM        
Looks like us in the states will have to wait for the GTR1400. Or go shop outside the US, bypassing KMC's decision, support, etc...
  Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 3 pages long: 1  2  3   ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Poll: ABS or not? North American Members only please! NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2011 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.598582983017 seconds processing time