HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: When is Kawi going to update their website? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
Thread: When is Kawi going to update their website?
Ozzy

Needs a job
need guberment cheese
posted January 21, 2006 03:05 PM        
When is Kawi going to update their website?

Click on the ZX14 stuff and it is all na.
what is up with this?
Dont they have any idea that the public is wanting to know this stuff ? Only lies and half truths from stealership employees is being distributed, which we all know can not be believed.
Is the bike so far from production that these numbers are not as yet set in stone?
And what about the accessories?
When will the hard bags be available? What will they look like? Will they have them available by spring of this year? Or will it be one of those we never got around to it things?
How in the hell can I make any kind of decision based on "pig in a poke" advertising?

Getting impatient waiting.

Ignore this member   
Drowland

Zone Head
posted January 21, 2006 04:04 PM        
No shit! I think everybody on this forum would agree with you. Kawasaki needs to quit playing games or they are going to loose die hard Kaw customers......
  Ignore this member    Click here to send Drowland an AIM message. 
MadMike

FEAR THE BLACK FLAG!!!!!!!!
posted January 21, 2006 05:53 PM        
I did see the TB are only 44mm instead of the 46mm that the 12 came with. I wonder if it is a direct swap???
MM

Ignore this member    Click here to visit MadMike's homepage. 
Drowland

Zone Head
posted January 21, 2006 06:02 PM        
I saw that too and what I saw I didn't like was the wheelbase is supposely 2" longer than the 12's.
  Ignore this member    Click here to send Drowland an AIM message. 
trenace

Needs a job
posted January 21, 2006 07:37 PM        Edited By: trenace on 21 Jan 2006 23:37
Unfortunately, experience likely has taught Kawasaki a bitter lesson on that, which is hurting us now (except those who are totally drag-oriented.)

Remember the big Busa vs 12R dragstrip shootout one of the mags did, brought in Shine to do the runs?

The results were actually a coin toss, with the 12R beating the Busa almost as often as the Busa beat the 12. There's no way to know that if more runs had been done, the reverse conclusion might not have been obtained. But rather than the magazine admitting that they were so close that that number of runs couldn't resolve for sure which one averaged faster, they declared the Busa the winner by a couple hundredths of a second or something.

And, the 12R was operating with a two inch or so wheelbase disadvantage.

Nowhere did the mags say, well damn, when the bikes are essentially equal, at most an average difference of hundredths of a second but even that might have been luck, with the Twelve running two inches shorter, those who are going to drag race these things will often do it at longer wheelbase or same wheelbase each bike, e.g. 60 inches, so the 12 must have the more potential. We declare the ZX-12R the winner!

Hardly!

The magazines are not going to give any credit for being shorter wheelbase.

If Kawasaki wants the PR of the fastest quarter mile bike, running a short wheelbase just isn't going to help them in that goal. It would be stupid from that perspective to lose to the '07 Busa on account of being shorter wheelbase, AGAIN.

The slower-to-turn long-wheelbase Busa sold more bikes. Kawasaki is in business to make money. Quicker quarter miles will sell more bikes than quicker turning will, in this category. Me, I don't like that choice... but it makes sense to sell bikes.

Ignore this member   
All times are PST(US) < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: When is Kawi going to update their website? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

Copyright 2000-2011 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.213835000992 seconds processing time