Needs a life
Miles to go before I sleep....
posted September 24, 2005 09:18 PM
Edited By: worm~hole on 25 Sep 2005 04:24
...c'mon, Kawasaki!!!!... After reading the specs of the ZX-14, these are my humble opinions
1) Why STILL no digital speedo/analog tach? You'd think that for a street bike, the digital speedo is the best method for data aquisition/comprehension. It could possibly spare the rider the grief of a speeding ticket because he/she doesn't have to squint to decifer his/her indicated speed.
2) Who thinks of these bodywork designs? I guess a quasi-tear-drop shape is mostly efficient aerodynamically, but who wants to be seen riding a tear-drop shape on the street? Look at the Duc 916 or MV F1000. Or Kawasaki's own ZX-10. Or Yamaha's R1. Beautiful shapes. Beautiful to look at. Beautiful to be seen riding on. In the end, the majority of buyers/riders want awesome and achingly beautiful asthetics.
3) Always offer a black colored bodywork option. Black is baaaaad. Makes riders feel badASSmotherfucker....even if they're not. Black ALWAYS sells.
4) Give up absolute top-speed bragging rights and its proven shapes for beautiful slower shapes that are mostly ridden on the streets. No one except the fringe land-speed lunatics (and I mean that in an endearing way for you speed freaks ) are willing to ride an fugly-ugly bike on the street. These ARE street bikes, right?
5) How difficult would it be to make the foot controls and handlebars adjustable to suit a variety of riders? A few holes here, a few holes there, presto chango, decent ergos for you and me.
6) Never forget the "face" or shape of a bike. The face and shape is everything. Its the first thing most of us look at....and remember.
7) Kawasaki...change out your focus group next time design or redesign a bike. Ask the enthusiasts at bikeland.org for input, for instance. Its sorta obvious that most of us think you've lost your asthetic focus with the ZX-14. The power is good (as it usually is with a Kawasaki), but the asthetics are killin' most of us. There's no 'mean, green, fighting machine' look with this bike. It looks fat and disturbed.
8) I can't draw worth a shit to make the bike look better, but I can tell you what appeals to me.
____________ “We sleep safe in our beds because rough men
stand ready in the night to visit violence on those
who would do us harm.”
posted September 24, 2005 11:44 PM
The ZX-12 was out-sold by the ugly ass Busa because of speed.
There is ( imo) no better looking bike than the 04-05 ZX-10r but the other
manufacturers with thier underseat exhaust and analog tachs have faired
better? What is Kawa to do? Stay loyal to it's constituency, or loyal to it's
I am a Kawasaki fan and am pleased in the company's direction.
It's attention to detail, fit and finish and all out, sheer performance!
I believe that the 06' ZX-10r and ZX-14 have the chance to go down in
history as two of the all time greats in motorcycling history.
If they don't live up to my expectations this coming year, I will be totally
____________ ''The angle of my dangle is inversely proportional to the heat of my meat''Will Ferrell
posted September 24, 2005 11:59 PM
These are my thoughts exactly. This bike will sell out fast regardless of what some think . Overall it's a MONSTER and will be widely accepted as such. There will surely be other models in the future with this motor ,like a nakid bike maybe? I could ride it 'till something prettier comes along. I don't think it's ugly at all , but then again, I have a V-Strom that looks wicked to me.lol.
posted September 25, 2005 01:02 PM
Actually a needle type speedometer is more easily interpreted by the brain than a digital speedo. Simply seeing the position of the needle relays a fairly accurate sense of speed to the rider....