HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > BIKE CHAT > Thread: Any members near SLC? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
frEEk

Administrator
ummm... yeah
posted February 16, 2012 09:01 AM        Edited By: frEEk on 24 Feb 2012 16:57
Any members near SLC?

So it is time for me to go bald, since y'all met our charity drive donation goal, and I could use a hand with the shearing event. Specifically Looking for someone who could offer a bit of their time to act as videographer. I'm on the road now with a fairly tight schedule, but hoping we may a member interesting in participating at one of these times and locations:

Salt Lake City UT (arriving eve of 26, and staying for a few days)

Schedule may change slightly, but i will be hitting those towns. Places nearby (on the way) on the first eve or leaving morning are also possible.

Would be extra helpful if my helper could recommend a hair shop that would be good for this. Which is to say, doesn't mind having the cut filmed, can do a full (razor) shave, and a hot hairdresser to detract from my ugly mug is good too.

Thanks!

Ignore this member    Click here to visit frEEk's homepage. 
ddpete3

Pro
posted February 16, 2012 12:26 PM        
I think you need either a classic male barber shop or the nearest military facility.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit ddpete3's homepage. 
nabrxx

Needs a job
posted February 16, 2012 03:51 PM        
freek...

Big sky and Jackson Hole are some the the most kick ass skiing you will find anywhere...buy food at the supermarket at big sky though, the restaurants are weak...You should be hitting park city while driving from big sky to jackson, another outstanding ski opp...just saying.

Ignore this member   
frEEk

Administrator
ummm... yeah
posted February 16, 2012 08:05 PM        
nabrxx, never had heard of Big Sky before htis trip, but Jackson Hole is a name I've heard thrown around alot for years. Park City (Utah right?) is coming after CO when I get into UT. Still got 23 resorts to go before I get home... that that's another story. theskidream.com if you're interested.

ddpete, problem with those options is they ain't gonna have no hot hairdressers

Still need a production assistant. Certainly we got some members in one of those areas? Or is this going to wait till Colorado where I know we have some members?

nabrxx

Needs a job
posted February 16, 2012 09:04 PM        
I checked out theskidream...you lucky bastard.

When you hit park city Utah, you MUST hit Alta/Snowbird it's a real challenge and if you are looking for off the beaten path powder, hit Solitude. Dear Valley is a blast but the place is entirely well groomed, they even have tissue boxes at the lift, Snowbird/Alta is worth a couple of days. Park City and The Canyons are ok, but nothing fantastic...dude this ski trip is an enviable experience, I will be vicariously enjoying it. This year my honey and I opted for a two week bicycle ride in the Tuscany region of Italy so no cash left for my yearly run out west for what you will discover to be the best snow I have ever found. Enjoy!!

Ignore this member   
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted February 17, 2012 08:51 PM        
Any helpers out there?

Ignore this member    Click here to visit fish_antlers's homepage. 
frEEk

Administrator
ummm... yeah
posted February 18, 2012 08:38 PM        
Doesn't seem like it. Maybe in the CO or SLC areas.

nabrxx... not as lucky as u may think. it is a bit of a grind with the schedule being so thin. no down time at all. strill (trying to) work full time in eves. Now doing this without having to work, and with no schedule to stick to... man that would be fun. But hey, i can't really complain. All the spots you mentioned on on the list. Canyons _may_ get skipped as most seem to think it isnt worth a stop.

Biking thru Tuscan doesnt sound to bad either Well, until you get shit stolen. Many of those italians got zero respect for tourists.

fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted February 19, 2012 07:00 AM        
Freek - did any members get a hold of you to help you ? Are you good to get the hair cut off?

frEEk

Administrator
ummm... yeah
posted February 19, 2012 05:23 PM        
Nobody yet.

Maybe I need to remind people that the lack of forum features and so-so IM system is my fault, then there should be a few peeps wanting to participate in my ordeal.

Schedule has changed a bit too. See original post.

nabrxx

Needs a job
posted February 20, 2012 05:48 AM        
Physically it is demanding. When I have gone out west to ski for 12 days straight I started upping my miles on the biccyle to the 200 miles a weeks range 6 weeks ahead of time and people I spoke to STILL thought I was courting injury with that much skiing that many days in a row...so far I have lucked out and not hurt myself but I wasn't trying to work at night and I wasn't driving long distance most nights. Hang in and be smart. Bet you're glad you weren't skiing up in Washington state last night with the avalanche bullshit going on with people dying and what not. ...any ski bunny action yet?

Ignore this member   
frEEk

Administrator
ummm... yeah
posted February 20, 2012 05:56 PM        
Geez, 12 days in a row is pretty nuts man. Don't know that I could do that at my best. I do have every other day off to drive so I get some rest. And I've skied enough years (with enough lessons to boot) that I can get around with relatively little effort compared to what I expended 10 years ago before I learned to ski properly.

Yeah heard the avy mentioned in the tram to the top of Big Sky this morning. News made the rounds. Sucks, especially when you were counting on patrol to keep you safe. Got in one spot today where the snow was definitely wanting to slide pretty bad too.

fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted February 20, 2012 07:43 PM        
enough ski talk! Let's stay focused... sounds like you're trying to avoid that haircut!!

members lets help him out! Anyone near freek who can lend a hand?

thanks!!

Rideharder

Zone Head
posted February 20, 2012 10:28 PM        
Try posting it in the LIBRARY? :}

Ignore this member    Click here to visit Rideharder's homepage. 
H2 to ZX12

Needs a job
two stroke power
posted February 21, 2012 12:05 PM        
Nice Ski Trip there Freak! I just got back from skiing Breck, Vail, Keystone, A basin, and Beaver Creek. Leave next week for Tahoe (Heavenly, Kirkwood, Squaw Valley..) I hit UT in December (Snowbird, Alta, Solitude, Canyons).

I'd keep the hair until the ski trip is over. lol

Ignore this member    Click here to visit H2 to ZX12's homepage. 
frEEk

Administrator
ummm... yeah
posted February 24, 2012 08:56 AM        
Hot damn H2, where you find all that time? You nipping at my heals on the volume of resorts. Here's hoping Tahoe has some snow for ya, last i heard they were still hurting (one person at Jackson yesterday said Kirkwood is in the best condition of the bunch).

Also, update to the schedule. There has GOT to be someone in the SLC area that wants to assist.

H2 to ZX12

Needs a job
two stroke power
posted February 24, 2012 11:41 AM        
I've got a timeshare in all three places, so I hit them every year. Are you using liftopia.com?
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit H2 to ZX12's homepage. 
Elis7

Novice Class
Hoser.
posted February 24, 2012 07:18 PM        
I keep clicking the SBW section in the post 3 above me

Bananabikeman where are you?

Ignore this member   
almost_les

Zone Head
posted February 24, 2012 09:46 PM        
i live in the slc area. there is also a bikini cuts nearby

http://saltlakecity.cityvoter.com/bikini-cuts/biz/9992

Ignore this member   
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted February 24, 2012 10:03 PM        
Can you sling a camera for freek?

frEEk

Administrator
ummm... yeah
posted February 24, 2012 10:40 PM        
H2 u know how to live right.
Nope, just paying full pop at the window. $5 off isn't worth the hassle. Costco deals are good but then u have to hock the extra tick iin the morning, which sucks.

almost_les, that sounds like a freakin' awesome place for this Funny thing is, years ago I had almost that exact idea. If you're willing to donate your time as our first unit cameraman (second unit is just my GoPro on a shelf) I'll give em a call to see if they're game.

davej

Expert Class
posted February 25, 2012 04:38 PM        
I live in Suger House, SLC, both my GD's are models. Just don't know if your for real or looking to get laid. They get offers all the time, most are just predators.

Ignore this member   
frEEk

Administrator
ummm... yeah
posted February 25, 2012 07:01 PM        
davej, i'm certainly for real about getting the hair chopped off (I better be given the membership has donated $2100 because of it and pretty sure they want video proof!)
You saying your GDs are hairdressers and models? Models are a great thing, but if they can't make me bald (sure they could by marrying me, but i'm looking for something a bit quicker) then they ain't gonna work for what we need here. And to be clear, the eye candy is just an extra thank you to the members for donating... that and something to even out my ugly mug,which will be uglier when bald and shaven.

frEEk

Administrator
ummm... yeah
posted February 26, 2012 08:43 AM        
Arriving in SLC tomorrow evening or Tuesday morning. Anybody game?
almost_les

Zone Head
posted February 26, 2012 05:37 PM        
tuesday morning would work for me. you bring the camera. i'd have to be all done by 1pm

Ignore this member   
frEEk

Administrator
ummm... yeah
posted February 26, 2012 07:26 PM        
Sorry les, looks like my schedule is getting borked. At this point it is looking like Thursday afternoon (or early morning). Trying to confirm that now.
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 2 pages long: 1  2     Next» ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > BIKE CHAT > Thread: Any members near SLC? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2023 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.21474599838257 seconds processing time