HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > BIKE CHAT > Thread: Let's Dismantle a 2011 ZX-10R - Bikeland Exclusive!!! NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
chubbynuts

Parking Attendant
posted October 23, 2010 01:20 PM        
I rode it, anyone who says the 2011 ZX10R is no different than a previous model does not know what they are talking about.

11500 or 20000rpm is not what this bike is about. Sure everyone likes to spout off max HP, but does that number tell you how the bike drives off of a corner. This bike is designed to make it easier for a rider to go faster than he ever has before. I'm not happy that the bike has been restricted to sell in our market. However I can honestly say that most riders that have purchased a previous ZX10R can't access the maximum potential of one.

This new bike changes that one glaring fact. With four traction control settings(off,1,2+3) governing over three independent power modes, average riders will be able to pull the trigger off the corner sooner and harder than they have ever before!

The ABS is so good that the average rider will be able to explore those limits as well.

So if you are of the ability and experience level to use the "restricted rpm" (and accompanying HP), chances are that you would also want to tune the bike to suit your riding style, and a race ecu etc would be on your shopping list anyway.

Ignore this member   
1badzx12r

Needs a life
posted October 23, 2010 01:34 PM        
quote:

So if you are of the ability and experience level to use the "restricted rpm" (and accompanying HP), chances are that you would also want to tune the bike to suit your riding style, and a race ecu etc would be on your shopping list anyway.

nawh when i purchase something .. i want the whole thing ..not 1/2 and then have to purchase the other 1/2 separately ..

Ignore this member   
chubbynuts

Parking Attendant
posted October 23, 2010 01:35 PM        
oh....ok
  Ignore this member   
Shane661

Needs a life
posted October 23, 2010 01:38 PM        Edited By: Shane661 on 23 Oct 2010 21:40
quote:
nawh when i purchase something .. i want the whole thing ..not 1/2 and then have to purchase the other 1/2 separately ..

That's probably why you tear all of your bikes apart and rebuild them...right?

I'd love to see your fat ass on this 10R!

Ignore this member   
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted October 23, 2010 01:38 PM        
Maybe we can get a list of parts on the new bike that are manufactured in Thailand and Not japan while we are at it

Ignore this member    Click here to visit fish_antlers's homepage. 
chubbynuts

Parking Attendant
posted October 23, 2010 01:49 PM        
What would be the point? It doesn't matter where the parts are produced if you are willing to put them on your product. Manufacturers quality control is the question you should be asking, not origin of parts.
  Ignore this member   
zx14fan

Zone Head
posted October 23, 2010 02:00 PM        
The zx 10 is not a drag bike its made for road racing thats alot to consider when buying this kind of bike.Max hp is not what road guys look at only or you wouldnt see the ducati road bikes selling like they are in fact doing if people based ther skill on hp alone.
  Ignore this member   
1badzx12r

Needs a life
posted October 23, 2010 02:01 PM        Edited By: 1badzx12r on 23 Oct 2010 22:07

I'd love to see your fat ass on this 10R!

bring your punk ass to texas and look .. got an 05 green zx10r stock

and any bike i mod was because they miss the mark building it..

Ignore this member   
1badzx12r

Needs a life
posted October 23, 2010 02:02 PM        Edited By: 1badzx12r on 23 Oct 2010 22:03
quote:
The zx 10 is not a drag bike its made for road racing thats alot to consider when buying this kind of bike.Max hp is not what road guys look at only or you wouldnt see the ducati road bikes selling like they are in fact doing if people based ther skill on hp alone.

WHEN THE LAST TIME A ZX10 WON A ROAD RACE

BUT they sure are buying the BMW with MAX HP NUMBERS ..Because it ain't won no road races either

Ignore this member   
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted October 23, 2010 03:03 PM        
guess this is okay though...

\

chubbynuts

Parking Attendant
posted October 23, 2010 03:05 PM        
quote:
guess this is okay though...

LOL

Ignore this member   
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted October 23, 2010 03:08 PM        
chubby... .don't look now.... Kawasaki is going to come and threaten you to remove your posts cuz you rode their bike that anyone can buy in a matter of days LOL!

chubbynuts

Parking Attendant
posted October 23, 2010 03:11 PM        
but they don't know who I am
  Ignore this member   
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted October 23, 2010 03:23 PM        
but they're internet tough guys now... running around threatening people to get shit taken offline if they dont like it...

and now YOU have expressed an opinion about what it's actually like to RIDE the bike! Dear fucking God what is this world coming to?? I bet they are Ninja'ing in on your location right now LOL!

1badzx12r

Needs a life
posted October 23, 2010 03:32 PM        
quote:
but they're internet tough guys now... running around threatening people to get shit taken offline if they dont like it...

WUSSIES .. I bet your all for the new bully regulation going before congress

Ignore this member   
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted October 23, 2010 03:32 PM        Edited By: fish_antlers on 24 Oct 2010 00:00
I can just see the meeting at Kawasaki right now.... "Shit - we said we wanted to use the whole Internet to our advantage but we didn't really mean that! !! Fuck! How do I delete all this Internet stuff??"

http://www.dealernews.com/dealernews/LATEST+NEWS/bDealer-meetingb-Kawasaki-claims-top-position-in-J/ArticleStandard/Article/detail/690611?contextCategoryId=48447

quote:
Speaking of all types of customers, Brull said there have never been so many ways to connect with them. “TV, social media, mobile technology, texting, blogging, endless cable channels, video games, bar-scanning technology, apps, i-Ads, live video chat, SMS, online banners, MMS, satellite radio, magazines, online magazines, newspapers, and on and on. … Our strategy is simply to leverage the latest communication technologies blended with traditional media,” he said.

Kawasaki emphasized social networking during the meeting by showing, via a crowd-scanning spy camera and overhead screens, that a staff member in the audience was posting live updates on the company’s Twitter and Facebook pages as the presentation unfolded. Likewise, the company spotlighted its mobile initiatives by continually inviting dealers to text messages to a given number for new-model updates. (As the photo on the right demonstrates, mobile technology was also a hot topic later that day within the marketing area of Kawasaki’s Showcase trade show.)

Brull said that mobile technology has indeed revolutionized viral marketing. “Our marketing is now passed on from one customer to another 24/7,” he said. “Messages are spreading exponentially.”

He noted that more and more consumers — and dealers — are viewing Kawasaki’s website via smartpones. “You have every product spec, feature and benefit in your pocket, and every one of our videos,” he said. “You have every dealership location in your pocket.”

LAB3

Needs a job
posted October 23, 2010 03:39 PM        
quote:
quote:
quote:
I'm trying to figure out why they are upset.

Fish, is this a bike in your possession on loan for testing and reporting on? and you filmed this stuff and they didnt like it? Or do they not want you taking the bike apart?
Or they dont want you showing stuff before the mags do?

??

Apparently the double standard is that they dont want any INDEPENDENT coverage - the same info is okay to be hosted by Motorcyclist, Cycleworld or any Verticalscope run forum - you need to educate yourself on that because a few years back a marketing company named Verticalscope bought most of the biker forums including zxforums, zx-10r.net and more. they also bought motorcycle.com . Part of the promise to OEMs is control of content and material. Kawi has control over those sites - note that there has been raw footage of the 10r on the track and even on the dyno on those sites - topics with pics of guys riding the bike in the wild - riding impressions etc... that's all controlled by verticalcope -

so if something independent that's not part of the spoon feeding information machine is released (say by bikeland or hell for leather) kawi freaks out because they didnt have a chance to control it.

so there is a double standard.

Fish, did I miss your answer to the question? It looks like Bikeland is "Tryinf" to post
information that the factory does not want you to do.

You were asked if you had this bike in your shop and were you doing this??

Ignore this member   
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted October 23, 2010 03:49 PM        
quote:
Fish, did I miss your answer to the question? It looks like Bikeland is "Tryinf" to post
information that the factory does not want you to do.

that would appear to be the case... or more specifically it would appear that they simply don't want Bikeland posting ANYTHING about their bike since everyone else on the planet post whatever the fuck they want.

fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted October 23, 2010 03:58 PM        
quote:
I rode it, anyone who says the 2011 ZX10R is no different than a previous model does not know what they are talking about.

11500 or 20000rpm is not what this bike is about. Sure everyone likes to spout off max HP, but does that number tell you how the bike drives off of a corner. This bike is designed to make it easier for a rider to go faster than he ever has before. I'm not happy that the bike has been restricted to sell in our market. However I can honestly say that most riders that have purchased a previous ZX10R can't access the maximum potential of one.

This new bike changes that one glaring fact. With four traction control settings(off,1,2+3) governing over three independent power modes, average riders will be able to pull the trigger off the corner sooner and harder than they have ever before!

The ABS is so good that the average rider will be able to explore those limits as well.

In its current restricted form - from your honest riding experience with this bike how would you rate the "wow" factor against other Kawi models past and present, or other brands? Would you say the traction control and other features add to the =experience, or do they detract?

zx14fan

Zone Head
posted October 23, 2010 04:09 PM        
WHENS THE LAST TIME A BMW WON A ROAD RACE?MOTO GP
  Ignore this member   
chubbynuts

Parking Attendant
posted October 23, 2010 04:21 PM        

Let me qualify my opinion by saying that I honestly feel that any stock bike is "restricted".

This bike made me say "wow" the first time i tried to change directions under full throttle, reminded me of a much smaller bike.
In my opinion, the traction control adds to the experience. Also the ability to adjust the power output with a simple press of a handlebar mounted rocker switch (on the fly) adds to the experience. Why wouldn't they? Besides you could always turn the traction control off, allowing for some wheel hop etc.

It simply doesn't feel like a beast of a machine, like an 04 ZX10R does. My 2010 Z1000 is more of a handful to ride than this new ZX10R is, and I think that is the best part. It is so easy to ride fast! If you are looking for a sportbike to attack twisties or the track, you should seriously consider this new bike. If you are looking for your next drag bike keep looking.

Now that I think of it, Kieth Code (California Superbike School) changed his fleet of ZX6R's for BMW S1000R's and has had LESS people crashing at the schools as a result. These rider aids allow the exploration of your own limits with a bit of a safety net.

Ignore this member   
1badzx12r

Needs a life
posted October 23, 2010 04:27 PM        
quote:
WHENS THE LAST TIME A BMW WON A ROAD RACE?MOTO GP

WHERE http://www.motogp.com/en/Results+Statistics

Ignore this member   
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted October 23, 2010 04:34 PM        
quote:

Let me qualify my opinion by saying that I honestly feel that any stock bike is "restricted".

This bike made me say "wow" the first time i tried to change directions under full throttle, reminded me of a much smaller bike.
In my opinion, the traction control adds to the experience. Also the ability to adjust the power output with a simple press of a handlebar mounted rocker switch (on the fly) adds to the experience. Why wouldn't they? Besides you could always turn the traction control off, allowing for some wheel hop etc.

It simply doesn't feel like a beast of a machine, like an 04 ZX10R does. My 2010 Z1000 is more of a handful to ride than this new ZX10R is, and I think that is the best part. It is so easy to ride fast! If you are looking for a sportbike to attack twisties or the track, you should seriously consider this new bike. If you are looking for your next drag bike keep looking.

Now that I think of it, Kieth Code (California Superbike School) changed his fleet of ZX6R's for BMW S1000R's and has had LESS people crashing at the schools as a result. These rider aids allow the exploration of your own limits with a bit of a safety net.

Thanks for your input, Ghostrider!

chubbynuts

Parking Attendant
posted October 23, 2010 04:37 PM        
My pleasure
  Ignore this member   
zx14fan

Zone Head
posted October 23, 2010 04:39 PM        
NOT 1 BMW HMM?
  Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 13 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  -  13   Next» ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > BIKE CHAT > Thread: Let\'s Dismantle a 2011 ZX-10R - Bikeland Exclusive!!! NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2023 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.29486680030823 seconds processing time