HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > BIKE CHAT > Thread: Kawasaki's new Police Edition Concours14 NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
Thread: Kawasaki\'s new Police Edition Concours14 [ This thread is 2 pages long: 1  2   ]
SLVR_BLT

Zone Head
Chicken Strips!
posted May 07, 2010 04:21 PM        
call Ponch for CHPS sequence II lol

Ignore this member   
salsa1

Needs a life
posted May 07, 2010 07:44 PM        
The guy in the ZX-10R is smiling cause he looks forward to chasing down a few cars without using the radio....

At least he can run right up to just about any car out there before needing to....

He is not smiling for nothing....he can't wait to get out there...and flog it legal to boot......

Ignore this member   
TedG

posted May 07, 2010 07:59 PM        
I love a 10r as much as anyone, but if you have to spend a whole day on a bike, the C14 is a much better choice. Anyway few vehicles on the road can out run it. And it has sport bike handling.
Green 2005 ZX10R
2009 Concours Black ABS

Ignore this member   
worm~hole

Needs a life
Miles to go before I sleep....
posted May 08, 2010 02:28 PM        
....I would think the C14-P would be very useful on very high-speed freways where motorists usually operate 15~55mph over the posted speed limits (55~65~70~ect)...there it can stretch its legs and catch up to speeders who are already doing 100mph ...

...imagine a cop's radar screeching that a 100mph bogey is approaching on a freeway/interstate...imagine the cop securing his lidar/radar device, snicking the trans into 1st, and within a short time/distance pull up, snap a license plate pic (front/rear cycle-mounted camera), and pull the speeder over...

...now imagine wielding this same beast on surface streets on speeders who average 10-over the posted speed limits on shorter, multiple driveway, signaled, and signage surface streets where speed limits are usually posted between 15~20~25~30~35~40~45~50~55 mph ....I'd think there re better motorcycles for this kind of traffic enforcement duties

...stilll....a super-badass-bike...and I wish I was working on one

-George Orwell

Ignore this member   
TedG

posted May 10, 2010 11:36 AM        Edited By: TedG on 10 May 2010 23:27
quote:
....I would think the C14-P would be very useful on very high-speed freways where motorists usually operate 15~55mph over the posted speed limits (55~65~70~ect)...there it can stretch its legs and catch up to speeders who are already doing 100mph ...

...imagine a cop's radar screeching that a 100mph bogey is approaching on a freeway/interstate...imagine the cop securing his lidar/radar device, snicking the trans into 1st, and within a short time/distance pull up, snap a license plate pic (front/rear cycle-mounted camera), and pull the speeder over...

...now imagine wielding this same beast on surface streets on speeders who average 10-over the posted speed limits on shorter, multiple driveway, signaled, and signage surface streets where speed limits are usually posted between 15~20~25~30~35~40~45~50~55 mph ....I'd think there re better motorcycles for this kind of traffic enforcement duties

...stilll....a super-badass-bike...and I wish I was working on one

How can you say that when you have not ridden one? That is all first gear stuff on a C14 and it can wheelie up to those speeds. In a second or two you are up to speed and in control and never have to shift. And the good thing is that it is very controllable and not abrupt because of the secondary flies and adjustable cam timing. Try that on your "other motorcycle".
Green 2005 ZX10R
2009 Concours Black ABS

Ignore this member   
All times are PST(US) [ This thread is 2 pages long: 1  2   ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
Quick Reply:

Email Notification: Send all replies to your email address.
BIKELAND > FORUMS > BIKE CHAT > Thread: Kawasaki\'s new Police Edition Concours14 NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

Copyright 2000-2011 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.216236114502 seconds processing time