HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > BIKE CHAT > Thread: Think you can ride? How 'bout tangling with these Harley riders? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
salsa1

Needs a life
posted July 01, 2010 07:58 AM        
quote:
The worst think that happened here is you quoted the nastiest, stupidest, religious zealot ever. Go fucking wash. I'm serious.

I though Bush was the worst.....

Do I own you that much Ted....???

Go moderate the empty connie section...lol

isgood!!

Ignore this member   
FastestBusaAround

Needs a life
I eat Fish...
posted July 01, 2010 08:24 AM        
For all those that don't know it yet - this place is a HOG FREE zone.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit FastestBusaAround's homepage. 
FastestBusaAround

Needs a life
I eat Fish...
posted July 01, 2010 08:27 AM        
quote:
quote:
Think you can ride? How 'bout tangling with these Harley riders?

How did this end up beening about which bike is faster and handles better?

No other Video on the net has a couple of big harleys taking corners that fast period.

For Harley Riders we are very fast in the corners.

It is about the rider and because we are very fast for harleys in the corners, under

130mph we can keep up with joe normal sportbike dude,

Now you pro riders who hammer it right up to just before the corner and use the full

force of that great brake system will out brake me and leave me in the dust. But most

street riders do not do that. I get down to this road in the video a couple times a year and

alot of groups of sportbikes go up it. So next time I will take a video up the same road

with me passing some sportbikes and then keeping up with the rest and post for you boys

"For Harley Riders we are very fast in the corners."
Fast is relative. The title is "Think you can ride? How 'bout tangling with these Harley riders?"
And I say there are a great many sport bike/sport touring riders that would embarrass you guys, not because you can't ride but because the equipment you chose is inferior. You are the ones tooting your horn. Again physics is physics and on a twisty road fast Harley is an oxymoron. And that guy on the wing would eat you alive.

The guy on the Wing - you mean Yellow Wolf? The guy can ride - and that's the bike to do it with, if you remember to keep your foot ABOVE the shifter in corners -

TedG

posted July 01, 2010 09:27 AM        
quote:
quote:
quote:
Think you can ride? How 'bout tangling with these Harley riders?

How did this end up beening about which bike is faster and handles better?

No other Video on the net has a couple of big harleys taking corners that fast period.

For Harley Riders we are very fast in the corners.

It is about the rider and because we are very fast for harleys in the corners, under

130mph we can keep up with joe normal sportbike dude,

Now you pro riders who hammer it right up to just before the corner and use the full

force of that great brake system will out brake me and leave me in the dust. But most

street riders do not do that. I get down to this road in the video a couple times a year and

alot of groups of sportbikes go up it. So next time I will take a video up the same road

with me passing some sportbikes and then keeping up with the rest and post for you boys

"For Harley Riders we are very fast in the corners."
Fast is relative. The title is "Think you can ride? How 'bout tangling with these Harley riders?"
And I say there are a great many sport bike/sport touring riders that would embarrass you guys, not because you can't ride but because the equipment you chose is inferior. You are the ones tooting your horn. Again physics is physics and on a twisty road fast Harley is an oxymoron. And that guy on the wing would eat you alive.

The guy on the Wing - you mean Yellow Wolf? The guy can ride - and that's the bike to do it with, if you remember to keep your foot ABOVE the shifter in corners -

Gold wings are amazing motorcycles. Not only are they the very best at what they are designed for, but excel at things that one wouldn't expect. Ripping through a twisty road for one.
Green 2005 ZX10R
2009 Concours Black ABS

Ignore this member   
SteveWFL

posted July 01, 2010 11:51 AM        
goldwings are the BOMB! When I get my AARP card I'm dumping the C14 for one
CBR600RR track bike

Ignore this member   
salsa1

Needs a life
posted July 01, 2010 12:07 PM        
Just ask Renee...

Ignore this member   
fast07dyna

Parking Attendant
posted July 01, 2010 01:00 PM        
quote:
quote:
Just came across this site because it showed up on my youtube video when it was posted
here. Man ! I didn`t post it here. Some of you boy`s really came down on me. I will have to
go and kick my pitbull and beat the hell out of my wife(sister) to make me feel better.
It is me in the video. It was are last ride of the year at the end of sept and the first time
I used the video recorder. The lead bike is a 07 roadglide, it is totally stock he just fills his
airshocks to the Max.He has ground his foot boards right down but it does not slow him
down . My bike (video bike) is a 07 dynaglide with 1 inch lift aftermarket shocks, fork brace,
sport demon tires.

I apologize on behalf of many knuckleheads here...heck you showed the video and are still bashed with no slack...some of that was in fun......Rice burners and hogs carry their stereotypes with them...

Not everyone with a sport bike could easily keep up with you in my estimation...been riding over 35 years....

Would never buy a Harley myself but you have done well and showed good proof....

more power to ya...

isgood!!!

Thanks for the kind words!

Ignore this member   
TedG

posted July 01, 2010 02:29 PM        
15 seconds with the guys I ride with and you wouldn't even see their tail lights they would be so far ahead. Fast harleys
Green 2005 ZX10R
2009 Concours Black ABS

Ignore this member   
FastestBusaAround

Needs a life
I eat Fish...
posted July 01, 2010 03:18 PM        
quote:
quote:
quote:
Just came across this site because it showed up on my youtube video when it was posted
here. Man ! I didn`t post it here. Some of you boy`s really came down on me. I will have to
go and kick my pitbull and beat the hell out of my wife(sister) to make me feel better.
It is me in the video. It was are last ride of the year at the end of sept and the first time
I used the video recorder. The lead bike is a 07 roadglide, it is totally stock he just fills his
airshocks to the Max.He has ground his foot boards right down but it does not slow him
down . My bike (video bike) is a 07 dynaglide with 1 inch lift aftermarket shocks, fork brace,
sport demon tires.

I apologize on behalf of many knuckleheads here...heck you showed the video and are still bashed with no slack...some of that was in fun......Rice burners and hogs carry their stereotypes with them...

Not everyone with a sport bike could easily keep up with you in my estimation...been riding over 35 years....

Would never buy a Harley myself but you have done well and showed good proof....

more power to ya...

isgood!!!

You're being praised by the resident donkey-fucking janitor - and you're thanking him for the kind words? Hate to tell you but PUTO only rides bicycles....

Here he is in all his glory - little dated, but still funny

FastestBusaAround

Needs a life
I eat Fish...
posted July 01, 2010 03:27 PM        Edited By: FastestBusaAround on 1 Jul 2010 22:28
quote:
15 seconds with the guys I ride with and you wouldn't even see their tail lights they would be so far ahead. Fast harleys

Actually Ted, mine eats 1800 GL's...so it is fucking fast! I can wheelie it in 1st and 2nd. Now fast for that pig is a straight line, and it's relative to the word "fast"...

Don't try that in corners though - fucking thing tank-slaps in a straight line - LMFAO

TedG

posted July 01, 2010 03:30 PM        
quote:
quote:

Actually Ted, mine eats 1800 GL's...so it is fucking fast! I can wheelie it in 1st and 2nd. Now fast for that pig is a straight line, and it's relative to the word "fast"...

Don't try that in corners though - fucking thing tank-slaps in a straight line - LMFAO

Shit it probably slaps if you take a hand off the bar to wave at someone.
Green 2005 ZX10R
2009 Concours Black ABS

Ignore this member   
TedG

posted July 01, 2010 03:33 PM        Edited By: TedG on 1 Jul 2010 23:04
More reasons you can't wave

Afraid it will invalidate warranty.

Leather and studs make it too hard to raise arm.

Refuses to wave to anyone whose bike is already paid for.

Afraid to let go of handlebars because they might vibrate off.

Rushing wind would blow scabs off the new tattoos.

Angry because just took out second mortgage to pay luxury tax on new Harley.

Just discovered the fine print in owner's manual and realized H-D is partially owned by those rice-burner manufacturers.

Can't tell if other riders are waving or just reaching to cover their ears like everyone else.

Remembers the last time a Harley rider waved back, he impaled his hand on spiked helmet.

They're jealous that after spending $30,000,they still don't own a "fast bike"
Green 2005 ZX10R
2009 Concours Black ABS

Ignore this member   
TedG

posted July 01, 2010 04:07 PM        
"When I bought my Harley, what I really needed was a Big Johnson," said one Harley owner." But I see now that riding a Harley is no replacement for having a Big Johnson."
Green 2005 ZX10R
2009 Concours Black ABS

Ignore this member   
FastestBusaAround

Needs a life
I eat Fish...
posted July 02, 2010 05:58 PM        
quote:
quote:
quote:

Which is why I DON'T wave - ROTFLMFAO

TedG

posted July 02, 2010 07:08 PM        
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Which is why I DON'T wave - ROTFLMFAO

I wave at everyone on a bike, just to see tank slappers.
Green 2005 ZX10R
2009 Concours Black ABS

Ignore this member   
FastestBusaAround

Needs a life
I eat Fish...
posted July 02, 2010 07:53 PM        
Good thinking Ted!

I usually just throttle hard and lift it to stop the slap...

I'll be watching for guys like you out there.

TedG

posted July 02, 2010 07:57 PM        
quote:
Good thinking Ted!

I usually just throttle hard and lift it to stop the slap...

I'll be watching for guys like you out there.

Guys like me catch a few of yous off guard. That happens when the vibration gets to your brain.
Green 2005 ZX10R
2009 Concours Black ABS

Ignore this member   
salsa1

Needs a life
posted July 03, 2010 05:42 AM        Edited By: salsa1 on 3 Jul 2010 12:43
quote:

You are very welcome...remember it's the net...anything goes here...true or not....the majority wins (the argument)..we know better.....

take care!!

isgood!!

Ignore this member   
TedG

posted July 05, 2010 01:25 PM        
What bikes will really surprise you are BMW adventure bikes. I was riding a really nasty twisty road yesterday and a BMW passed me going in the other direction and he was going quickly.
I went to the top and turned around and then ran him down and passed him....but he stepped it up a bit and hung in when he had no business going that fast. I looked in the mirror and I could see him not that far back. He was cooking.
Green 2005 ZX10R
2009 Concours Black ABS

Ignore this member   
FastestBusaAround

Needs a life
I eat Fish...
posted July 05, 2010 03:09 PM        
The GS'S are serious handlers Ted...they're not terribly quick in a straight line, but can easily scrape the aluminum rear cases in the turns. I have a few friends who can really ride - and they have the GS'S and adventure tourers. I did a Dragon ride a few years back with one of them, who's an ex bike racer/ex state cop. He blew everything away passing on the inside/outside/topside LOL - with sparks flying from both sides of the cases...and he didn't skip a beat. The sport bike riders were freaking with this guy passing them on the Gap like they were standing still - on knobby tires too. These bikes are serious contenders.

fasterspider

Needs a job
Red is faster
posted July 05, 2010 06:09 PM        
Those GS's are heavy bikes but, they handle amazingly well.
There is a guy who does some way out stunts with one on Mulholland doing 100' long stoppies and wheelies all the way up the hill around the bend.
His opposing cylinder head covers are both sraped up looking bad but, it is because he drags the cylinders in the turns leaving a spark trail in broad day light.
Ray #1

2010 VFR1200F

Your mama said it was so.

Ignore this member   
TedG

posted July 05, 2010 07:31 PM        
I know a few guys that can ride the wheels off those things. This guy was good, the section he hung in there on was a bit tricky. You have to be careful because all the corners are blind.
Green 2005 ZX10R
2009 Concours Black ABS

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 9 pages long: 1  -  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > BIKE CHAT > Thread: Think you can ride? How \'bout tangling with these Harley riders? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2011 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.829112052917 seconds processing time