HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > BIKE CHAT > Thread: Think you can ride? How 'bout tangling with these Harley riders? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
silver

Novice Class
Too Old to care
posted April 06, 2010 05:25 AM        
Whatever...........

Ignore this member   
bluechris

Expert Class
hungry fool
posted April 29, 2010 02:39 AM        

quote:
This is a fast Bagger: +1

Ignore this member    Click here to visit bluechris's homepage. 
salsa1

Needs a life
posted April 29, 2010 03:32 AM        Edited By: salsa1 on 29 Apr 2010 18:33

Ignore this member   
salsa1

Needs a life
posted April 30, 2010 04:36 AM        
Worm shows us how a wheelie is done!!

height="385">

Way to go wormie!!!

Ignore this member   
FastestBusaAround

Needs a life
I eat Fish...
posted May 02, 2010 10:23 AM        
quote:
Seem quick around corners for a harley...not bad...

What turns me off is the lawn mower sound they tend to make....

God is good!!

That'd be some badass lawnmower dude. Last time I checked, they sound like anything BUT a fucking lawnmower, unless you mean this lawnmower?

Or this one?

Ignore this member    Click here to visit FastestBusaAround's homepage. 
fast07dyna

Parking Attendant
posted June 25, 2010 02:10 PM        
Looks like some people get it ! It's true most harley riders are just in the way. But a few
have the bike set-up and the balls to push the bike to the cornering limit. I wish that when
I made this video it was early in the day. (late sunday national park everyone is leaving)
We like to sit at the last gas station before the park and follow the sportbikes as they leave
into the park. We get by the weak at the end of the pack then stay on the rest. We have
changed some minds and opened some eyes. 8 years ago when I rode a sportbike the
300lb Man on the 800lb bike in front of me in this video kicked my ass on his FXDX (dyna sport) and opened my eyes.

Ignore this member   
INTIMIDA2OR

Needs a life
RED rider!
posted June 25, 2010 05:58 PM        
One cruiser out there sportbikes need to know about is the Victory vision.
With a good rider it will keep up just fine.
We we're on a ride just recently here in Socal to a place called the rock inn and I set my fun pace. Not my usual fast pace.
Usually that pace will lose all the cruisers and even the slower sportbikes leaving just 2 or 3 bikes behind me.
Well the victory was there right in 3rd and he wasn't going anywhere.
That was pretty surprising.
But I couldn't have that so we headed for a tight fun little road called little tujunga where the big victory didn't have anything for me
He was like damn I can't do that this bike's to big to throw around in the really tight stuff lol!

*Lee*

Ignore this member   
jamming

Expert Class
plazme blue 08 zx14
posted June 26, 2010 12:35 PM        
There is "no" victory that would hold in our rides. The V-twin motors and no brakes to speak of, just can't do what a correctly set-up rider can on almost any japenese bike. Brake fade and weight with no lean angle and chicane transition is almost a joke on big twins. And the 14 just leaves them in the straits, I can't imagine them even hanging with a 600 even in big sweeping roads. I raced a 75 thousand dollar S&S powered Harley with my almost stock 14, And my buddies Victory vegas was along for the ride. The ride was mostly straight and a fun, but i was bored after 15 miles of leaving, then waiting, leaving then waiting for a catch up. At the end of our 160 mile ride i promised my self to never do it again. But to each person speed is relative to there experience i guess.

Ignore this member   
TedG

posted June 26, 2010 12:44 PM        
I'm sorry but physics is physics. And no basic harley even with a strong motor is a match for a liter bike with a good rider. Period. The handling, clearance, power to weight just isn't up to a modern sport bike. Yes there are guys that can go relatively fast, but that is relative to other harleys.
Green 2005 ZX10R
2009 Concours Black ABS

Ignore this member   
worm~hole

Needs a life
Miles to go before I sleep....
posted June 26, 2010 04:40 PM        
quote:
I'm sorry but physics is physics. And no basic harley even with a strong motor is a match for a liter bike with a good rider. Period. The handling, clearance, power to weight just isn't up to a modern sport bike. Yes there are guys that can go relatively fast, but that is relative to other harleys.

...I agree about the physics, but there are TONS of posers on sportbikes who get spanked by a talented rider on a Harley who's not scared to slide the Hog and throw sparks behind him in the twisties...don't ask me how I know

-George Orwell

Ignore this member   
aliveagain

Needs a life
posted June 27, 2010 02:05 AM        
Who gives a flying fuck if someone is faster then the next. It ain't about speed,it's about having fun. And if you can't have fun unless you are at 90% or better speed then perhaps you should take a look at your ego. I rented a scooter in Belize and had a blast riding the roads.What business is it of mine if someone enjoys riding any particular brand and has fun? Who cares as long as he is enjoying himself or herself(PK).

Ignore this member   
worm~hole

Needs a life
Miles to go before I sleep....
posted June 27, 2010 02:21 AM        
....that's so true, aa!

-George Orwell

Ignore this member   
TedG

posted June 27, 2010 03:19 AM        
Ok, I have to agree about having fun. But the title of this thread is not about harley fun, but an oxymoron fast harleys.
So think about this. On the street or back roads anyone who rides at over 70% is a fucking idiot. Period. So a decent rider on a modern sport bike at 70%, means a harley rider is at 85% just to keep up and at that point he is not having fun. So the sport bike slows down to harley speed and now he is not having fun.
Green 2005 ZX10R
2009 Concours Black ABS

Ignore this member   
aliveagain

Needs a life
posted June 27, 2010 06:49 AM        
Because the sport bike slowed down he is not having fun? The highs and lows of drug use bring the expectancy of fun to such a high level that the normal fun becomes mundane.So it is with the sport bike. After getting use to the adrenalin rush of one speed, the rider must now continue to push the limits in order to have the same rush. Am I wrong? How fast did you ride when young?And this is for us relics, sure the equipment is better but how much faster are you riding to have this so called fun. Case in point would be a turbo rider. After getting use to the boost, they all want more. Perhaps the Harley riders have it right about the ride. And if a Harley is going around scraping metal, he is still a squid with something to prove.

Ignore this member   
TedG

posted June 27, 2010 07:02 AM        
We could go around and around all day. But the title of the thread denotes fast harleys and I am saying ....uh no.
Green 2005 ZX10R
2009 Concours Black ABS

Ignore this member   
aliveagain

Needs a life
posted June 27, 2010 10:49 AM        
quote:
We could go around and around all day. But the title of the thread denotes fast harleys and I am saying ....uh no.

That is rather subjective no?

Ignore this member   
SteveWFL

posted June 27, 2010 11:10 AM        
fast and harleys in the same sentence

CBR600RR track bike

Ignore this member   
fast07dyna

Parking Attendant
posted June 27, 2010 11:16 AM        
quote:

Think outside the box for a second. Modern sportbikes are made to do 200mph, go
0 to 60 in 2secs, and take corners at blinding speed. On the street the world is slow and dangerous. (cars,dirt,oil,harleys ha ha , etc) .Harley are made more for the real world.
So sportbikes have to conform to the real world. When I made this video and wrote
"fast harleys ripping up Hwy 20" and did not say harleys are faster then sportbikes.
But I can tell you that if you know how to ride a harley in the corners and have it set-up
right you can keep up with sportbikes in the corners. Now this is not the norm; because
everyone want to stay in the box. I and rider the in front of me (my mentor) Kill other
harley riders in the corners and do very well against sportbikes. Watch the video
from 6 min on and tell me that is slow. Most sportbike guys can't take it any faster.

Ignore this member   
SteveWFL

posted June 27, 2010 11:18 AM        Edited By: SteveWFL on 28 Jun 2010 02:19
"But I can tell you that if you know how to ride a harley in the corners and have it set-up
right you can keep up with sportbikes in the corners."

the same rider on that harley and sport bike set up right will go a LOT LOT LOT LOT faster one the sport bike. your point?

bring the harley to the road atlanta track days with us next weekend, I'm open-minded to it performing. I'd really like to see it

CBR600RR track bike

Ignore this member   
TedG

posted June 27, 2010 11:27 AM        Edited By: TedG on 28 Jun 2010 02:40
quote:
quote:

Think outside the box for a second. Modern sportbikes are made to do 200mph, go
0 to 60 in 2secs, and take corners at blinding speed. On the street the world is slow and dangerous. (cars,dirt,oil,harleys ha ha , etc) .Harley are made more for the real world.
So sportbikes have to conform to the real world. When I made this video and wrote
"fast harleys ripping up Hwy 20" and did not say harleys are faster then sportbikes.
But I can tell you that if you know how to ride a harley in the corners and have it set-up
right you can keep up with sportbikes in the corners. Now this is not the norm; because
everyone want to stay in the box. I and rider the in front of me (my mentor) Kill other
harley riders in the corners and do very well against sportbikes. Watch the video
from 6 min on and tell me that is slow. Most sportbike guys can't take it any faster.

I did look at it and just did it again. So did you jump off and push the bike around those corners? But I really have been around many fast guys with well set up harleys, and in the end they can't match the performance of a liter bike.
How fast does your harley go? Probably not as fast as 2nd on a ZX10.
Yes the street is a limiting factor, but in every condition the sport bike is better equipped to deal with it.
Remember I was responding to the orig post title.
Green 2005 ZX10R
2009 Concours Black ABS

Ignore this member   
fast07dyna

Parking Attendant
posted June 27, 2010 02:28 PM        

I did look at it and just did it again. So did you jump off and push the bike around those corners? But I really have been around many fast guys with well set up harleys, and in the end they can't match the performance of a liter bike.
How fast does your harley go? Probably not as fast as 2nd on a ZX10.
Yes the street is a limiting factor, but in every condition the sport bike is better equipped to deal with it.
Remember I was responding to the orig post title.

I agree with most of what you just said ! The problem is that alot of sportbike riders do not
use the bikes for what they are built for. I can ride a sportbike faster then I can ride my
harley. I am a complete moron when I get back on a sportbike and I'am to Old for tickets/ jail time. If my wife let me I would have a sportbike for the track and the harley for the road.
I can travel 500 miles in a day and still give alot sportbike riders a run for they money.
My harley goes 130mph and I must be really good or their are alot useless sportbike riders.

Ignore this member   
TedG

posted June 27, 2010 03:56 PM        
You said it yourself. You can ride a sport bike faster. I was trying to take the rider equation out of it. So let's assume equal riders. My ZX10 shifts out of second at 130 ish with the front wheel in the air. As for the crap riders, my C14 makes short work of 95% of them on their sport bikes. But that 5% can stay with or leave me. I will put my C14 up against any harley on any twisty road. And the 10?? Well.
Also those liter bikes can do that off the showroom floor. A 65 hp harley is barely up to wheezing its way to the gas station off the showroom floor.
But I will give you this, a good rider on a harley that has had some money pumped into it can beat a crappy rider on a sport bike, Seen it happen more than once.
Green 2005 ZX10R
2009 Concours Black ABS

Ignore this member   
SteveWFL

posted June 27, 2010 09:30 PM        
quote:
The problem is that alot of sportbike riders do not
use the bikes for what they are built for.

what kind of logic is that? whats that say for Harley? lol that'll never change. the mini-cooper guys can beat the sportbike poser riders.

using people that can't ride sportbikes as comparison makes a very weak point for your harley debate whether on the street, twistie streets, or track environment.

we're right back to slow harleys.
CBR600RR track bike

Ignore this member   
FastestBusaAround

Needs a life
I eat Fish...
posted June 27, 2010 10:36 PM        
Geezzzzzz....why the fuck is this even debatable?. Same (capable) rider on sport and Harley...which bike's going to finish 1st??

Doesn't take a fucking rocket scientist to figure that one out. I've had dozens of each and currently own a '99 Road King that does 130 as well...with 120 RWHP/TQ. I don't give a fuck who you are...I'll beat the pig times to the end of the course/track/ride/whatever, by a week on my sportbike - and get there in one piece, with my bike intact as well...can't say the same for my speed wobbling Road King though. Much as she's pretty to look at - she's noisy and slow at best.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit FastestBusaAround's homepage. 
salsa1

Needs a life
posted June 27, 2010 10:49 PM        Edited By: salsa1 on 28 Jun 2010 13:50
Harleys are heavy and slow...why pay that much money for a incompetent motorcycle.....???

People are entitled to slow.......hey it's their money right...whatever then...

isgood!!

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 9 pages long: 1  -  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9     Next» ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > BIKE CHAT > Thread: Think you can ride? How \'bout tangling with these Harley riders? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2015 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.38509106636047 seconds processing time