HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > BIKE CHAT > Thread: Suzuki's 2nd Gen Hayabusa – Bikeland’s Longterm Review NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
gilberjj

Needs a job
Friend of Fast
posted May 13, 2009 07:26 AM        
^^^ Boats and hoes

Some of you guys are ridiculous. You would be taring him apart if he chose the hayabusa over the 14 no matter what. The busa sells better then the 14, and more people are on fish's side. He thinks the busa is a better bike, and he makes some good points. It's not that he doesn't like the zx14, but he prefers the busa. He makes it very clear that both bikes are good, I don't see what the whole issue is about. Whatever, bring your bike down on Saturday and we'll have a good time.

Ignore this member   
KaiBosh

Novice Class
posted May 13, 2009 08:13 AM        
HOW COULD YOU FISH

lol, people need to get a friiggin' grip already!

Thanks for the informative review, ignore the children.

I picked the 14 because all info I could find said it was way more comfy. Of course I bolted on an LSL kit anyway, but...

Ignore this member   
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted May 13, 2009 08:29 AM        
quote:
He thinks the busa is a better bike, and he makes some good points.

I Never said that , and the review does NOT say that... the review calls it a draw.

read it.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit fish_antlers's homepage. 
Princesskiwi

Administrator
MISTRESS of SMACK
posted May 13, 2009 10:36 AM        
Well a LOT of work went into putting this together and I know because I helped.

This sight started as a Kawasaki site with the launch of the 00 ZX12R.
We have personally bought a lot of Kawasakis and still have one in the Garage now.

I always thought the BUSA was ugly.
I spent the ENTIRE summer trying to take pictures of the bike and find it's "GOOD" side.
Now that it is parked in the garage between the Ducati 1098 and the Kawasaki KLX250SF, it is still UGLY.

And although Fish_Antlers won't let me ride it very often, I understand because it is not a Chick bike - unless you are build like a line backer.
This is a serious bike with a ton of power - more than I need.

But as a passenger THIS IS THE MOST COMFORTABLE BIKE I HAVE EVER BEEN ON THE BACK OF.

I rather go to the Gynocologist with my Inlaws present in the room than get on the back of a C14, again.

Now that the Busa is no longer "The SHORT man's BIG bike" I have seen it differently...and have developed a weird fondness for it.

I trust that bike.
It didn't overheat and blow up and leave us stranded on our road trip to the MotoGP last year.
And I guess I RESPECT it because of the power it has.

I spent the summer on a 14 - remember I was the one who's "Lady Ridden" Kawasaki ZX14 decided to grenade itself?

I would have loved to have spent last Summer on the Busa, but we only bought one and I am really more into the 600's.

But if I had to pick one to ride the Busa or the 14 this summer, I would pick the Busa - only because I have already done all the coast on the 14.

And the year after that?
I would want to ride a DIFFERENT bike to the MotoGP.

But wow - not some of the guys here - it's Kawasaki or nothing!

Is that BRAND Loyalty or BLIND Loyalty?

Ignore this member   
smokinZX14

Needs a life
posted May 13, 2009 11:53 AM        Edited By: smokinZX14 on 14 May 2009 04:26
Well not for me but i can't talk for others...Look you rode a preproduction Mule and you had a problem .. 1000s of zx14s have had no problems , the fact is Fish brings it up every chance he gets ... This is 09 not 06 , 3 years have passed ...

Fishes test on the Busa had nothing to do with the zx14 ...It should have been about the Busa and NOT a zx14 Vs Busa ... It should have been posted only in the Busa zone ..If we want to read it we will , It's pretty easy to find ...

Ignore this member   
1badzx12r

Needs a life
posted May 13, 2009 12:07 PM        Edited By: 1badzx12r on 14 May 2009 02:13
quote:
" I have seen it differently...and have developed a weird fondness for it.

I trust that bike.

and what are you saying ... yada yada yada

i tell you what you and fishy can try this... 1200miles 1 day in 17 hrs ... try that on your busa ...cause it was done on a zx14 ..

then add a turbo throw 11lbs of boost at it and 300 passes on 10k miles with that same bike having 40k miles

Ignore this member   
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted May 13, 2009 12:22 PM        Edited By: fish_antlers on 14 May 2009 02:29
quote:
Well not for me but i can't talk for others...Look you rode to preproduction Mule and you had a problem .. 1000s of zx14s have had no problems , the fact is Fish brings it up every chance he gets ... This is 09 not 06 , 3 years have passed ...

Fishes test on the Busa had nothing to do with the zx14 ...It should have been about the Busa and NOT a zx14 Vs Busa ... It should have been posted only in the Busa zone ..If we want to read it we will , It's pretty easy to find ...

Smokin, you'll need to talk to Kawi about the issue, not me.

Again (man... retyping this over and over is getting to be a fucking drag.... so READ the next paragraph... )

Kawi's engineers replicated and confirmed the issue with the bike - which according to them, remains. If you have a problem, it's with Kawi, not me. Furthermore, if the issue has been resolved (and to date they have not told us otherwise) then it would be Kawi's fault for not communicating it to us. According to their engineers, it's an issue that will effect a small percentage of owners. We see the engineers pretty regularly (last weekend in fact) and to date there's been no changes to the bike to alter this - the C14 was, however fitted with 2 fans to deal with the issue as it is a greater likelihood that a C14 owner will encounter a condition to create an overheat/overtemp situation.

So, have a problem with this? Blame Kawi, not me. Think it's solved? I see the engineers regularly and there's no mention of any change to address this in any 14 revision.

I'm really tired of tying this over and over since apparently there's a small group of members on this site that either have a lack of reading skills, or selective reading comprehension since they can't (even today) process the above information.

**Please put on your thick skin for this next part**

I'll be blunt - fuck off and stop blaming ME for an engineering issue with the bike. I dont work at Kawi. I dont design the bikes. I'm not their employee. I can't help it if you don't like the facts. Really, I can't.

If you're not one of the small percentage of owners this has effected - that's good news!

Shut up and enjoy your bike!

SteveWFL

posted May 13, 2009 12:58 PM        Edited By: SteveWFL on 14 May 2009 03:06
since all you have jacked this thread all to hell and back, may I add I say both those bikes are like HUGE HUGE HUGE, SUV HUGE, and litre bikes/600's are where all the fun lives.

I don't care what brand as they are all a hair split apart nowadays!

1000 CC

600 CC

CBR600RR track bike

Ignore this member   
Princesskiwi

Administrator
MISTRESS of SMACK
posted May 13, 2009 12:59 PM        Edited By: Princesskiwi on 14 May 2009 03:00
Can you Review the Busa without talking about the 14?
I don't know - can you describe night without understanding what day is?

Do you want article's that are written for the LCD (lowest common denominator) or articles that ask questions and challenge conventional thought - unlike most magazines....
????

We don't work as hard as we do just to piss a portion (the ZX14 Zone Heads) of the site off.
We just try to do honest hard work that may or may not be appreciated, because we love doing it.

So, if you get something from it - great, if you don't - then maybe next time....
I appreciate that Bikeland's readers are intelligent and questioning of everything - from the OEM's right down to what we say.

I respect other Member's opinion's and if you want to respect mine - that's cool, if not, whatever - I am going to keep riding and keep writing.

PS - if you are still reading this - we accept Member's work - so if you want to write a story on how great your 14 is or your Busa is - put it together, throw in some pictures and send it to us and we will put it up.

Ignore this member   
smokinZX14

Needs a life
posted May 13, 2009 01:20 PM        
I'll be blunt - fuck off and stop blaming ME for an engineering issue with the bike. I dont work at Kawi. I dont design the bikes. I'm not their employee. I can't help it if you don't like the facts. Really, I can't.
...................................................................................................................................................

Blame you ? I never blamed you for my Kawi or for anyones Kawi problems ...I know you don't work for Kawi and that you couldn't build a bike or anything to do with a bike for that matter ..Where do you get that shit ? you just make it up ?

All the fuck i said was if you are going to do a Busa test do a Busa test and stop bringing up the zx14 ... It that clear ? If it's not i don't know what to say ...
I never said your story was crap and the facts are wrong ...I said stop making it a busa Vs zx14 and post your long term Busa test where it belongs in the Busa zone ...If you had posted it in the Busa zone and not in the zx14 this thread would allready be over as in Dead ..

Stop putting words in type that i never said .. Is that clear ...

Ignore this member   
smokinZX14

Needs a life
posted May 13, 2009 01:27 PM        

I'm really tired of tying this over and over since apparently there's a small group of members on this site that either have a lack of reading skills, or selective reading comprehension since they can't (even today) process the above information.
................................................................................................................................................................

Clearly that would be you fish that can't or will not comprehen...

Ignore this member   
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted May 13, 2009 01:28 PM        
quote:
...................................................................................................................................................

Blame you ? I never blamed you for my Kawi or for anyones Kawi problems ...I know you don't work for Kawi and that you couldn't build a bike or anything to do with a bike for that matter ..Where do you get that shit ? you just make it up ?

All the fuck i said was if you are going to do a Busa test do a Busa test and stop bringing up the zx14 ... It that clear ? If it's not i don't know what to say ...
I never said your story was crap and the facts are wrong ...I said stop making it a busa Vs zx14 and post your long term Busa test where it belongs in the Busa zone ...If you had posted it in the Busa zone and not in the zx14 this thread would allready be over as in Dead ..

First off, sorry for telling you to fuck off... it's just that this is driving us nuts... sometimes it feels like an episode of the X-Files... people at a certain OEM worked really hard to try to stop us from telling what happened ... it's all I'd like to say as it brings back some pretty bad memories for me.

Regardless, we've worked past that many years ago and love the 14. It's a great bike. All our reviews say so.

We get requests over and over and over to compare the bikes... we set out to do a long term review of the busa, and included a small comparo for those who continuously ask us to do one.

ANywho... America's Next tOP model is on so I am going to go watch hot young babes.

smokinZX14

Needs a life
posted May 13, 2009 01:44 PM        
quote:
quote:

First off, sorry for telling you to fuck off... it's just that this is driving us nuts... sometimes it feels like an episode of the X-Files... people at a certain OEM worked really hard to try to stop us from telling what happened ... it's all I'd like to say as it brings back some pretty bad memories for me.

Regardless, we've worked past that many years ago and love the 14. It's a great bike. All our reviews say so.

We get requests over and over and over to compare the bikes... we set out to do a long term review of the busa, and included a small comparo for those who continuously ask us to do one.

ANywho... America's Next tOP model is on so I am going to go watch hot young babes.

No problem Fish ... Really it's not a big deal to me , i just felt and still do the Busa long term test should be placed in the Busa zone for Busas owners to read and not on the zx14 thread .. I really do agree that the test was a good one and well written .. I just wish you would have left out the compairing to two bikes ...The Busa is a great bike ( I have owned two busas ) The story would have been just as good or better if you left the zx14 out of it .. I hope you see my point on this and not read more into it that it really was .....

Ignore this member   
thekaz

Needs a job
spell chequer is bustimicated
posted May 13, 2009 02:41 PM        
quote:
i tell you what you and fishy can try this... 1200miles 1 day in 17 hrs ... try that on your busa ...cause it was done on a zx14 ..

LOL if you seriously think that is some kinda spectacular feat then your quite missinformed LOL

LOL 1200 miles on pavement LOL on a modern superbike LOL

YES YES ALL HAIL YOU ...................

Ignore this member   
gstring

Expert Class
posted May 13, 2009 08:08 PM        Edited By: gstring on 14 May 2009 10:35
quote:
quote:
" I have seen it differently...and have developed a weird fondness for it.

I trust that bike.

and what are you saying ... yada yada yada

then add a turbo throw 11lbs of boost at it and 300 passes on 10k miles with that same bike having 40k miles

how about 3190 miles in 24 hours>

http://www.mcnews.com.au/NewsArchives/2009/March/Pirelli_24hours.htm

lol...

Ignore this member   
gilberjj

Needs a job
Friend of Fast
posted May 13, 2009 08:15 PM        Edited By: gilberjj on 14 May 2009 10:16
CHECK THIS OUT........ First million miles Harley

One of Dave's records was 30k miles in 30 days.

http://www.bikernet.com/bikebarn/PageViewer.asp?PageID=2633
http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/1/3314/Motorcycle-Article/Harley-Davidson-Million-Mile-Motorcycle.aspx

http://www.bikernet.com/bikebarn/PageViewer.asp?PageID=2634
Some little know facts about Zien’s FXRT and the wear and tear of a million miles.

The bike has original fenders, gas tank, oil tank, triple tree, handlebars, primary and tranny case (the main shaft is original but the gears have all been replaced).

There is no kill switch on the bike (ok, for the newbie bikers, that’s the on/off switch)
No kickstand (he had to lean the bike on curbs, against trees, etc)
No neutral or oil lights, tachometer doesn’t work, no horn and the odometer worked but the speedometer arm was broken so he guessed at speed.

He had the motor rebuilt 10 times, with a remanufactured motor being installed last October in Yuma, Arizona at Bobby’s Territorial Harley-Davidson. The bolts holding the lower cases together had metal fatigue and have tyme serts holding them in.

The bike utilizes a roach clip jumper cable system from battery to coil for hard to start cold mornings. It has as an auxiliary 6-gallon fuel cell with John Deere petcocks to increase mileage on his endurance rides. On one leg of this journey he ran 31,000 miles in 31 days for another record.

The transmission was overhauled three days before his last leg ride to Florida. Due to excessive pressure buildup, the primary was drilled and vented one week before the final leg journey. Although the bike has a kick peddle, Zien uses a Phillips screw driver, which he inserts into a hole drilled in his starter, to bring the beast to life.

The bike has seen 105 rear tires and 65 front tires, 17 stators, 9 seats and Zien has worn out 13 pairs of engineer boots while riding Suzanna Ala Sha-Luck A Lay Ya, the name he affectionately calls his bike.

Ignore this member   
slates

Expert Class
posted May 13, 2009 10:23 PM        
I don't see anything wrong with the write up...you are entitled to your opinion. I'm not sure how you as a taller individual are more comfortable on the Busa than the 14, but it's your opionion. I agree that the "overheating" issue should be less focused on since it happened on a preproduction 14. I think the issue too is with the 14s guage and what it registers. It can be a bar above the halfway with the fan running but it's still not going to overheat. I wouldn't want to be stuck in traffic in the summer in Phoenix with it, but there are members here that live in that region and say they haven't had problems. The 14 can distribute heat on the riders legs, which is great in the cooler weather, but bad in summer especially when stuck in traffic.

I agree with the Princess in that you can't do a write up and not compare them. I would think almost everyone that has purchased a 14 considered buying its competition. It will be nice to see if Kawi takes this and Brock's feedback when they do the next revision to the 14.

Keep up the good work...keep the info. coming...anything to increase the activity and posts on the board keeps our mundane lives more interesting.

Ignore this member   
reggiegroober

Expert Class
posted May 13, 2009 10:36 PM        
quote:
I think Fish did an article on the 1198 a while back. He said something like he would rather ride a fresh warm turd then the 1198 but still thought it was better overall then a 14. I will do some digging and see if I can find it.

PMSL

Ignore this member   
1badzx12r

Needs a life
posted May 14, 2009 03:49 AM        
quote:
quote:
[quote

how about 3190 miles in 24 hours>

http://www.mcnews.com.au/NewsArchives/2009/March/Pirelli_24hours.htm

lol...

well i was only 1 man not a crew of 25.. and i was on a public roadway not a closed course with rider change out every 20 minutes ... i still don't see any body doing what i did except iron butt guys on goldwings ..

Ignore this member   
thekaz

Needs a job
posted May 14, 2009 04:10 AM        
quote:
... i still don't see any body doing what i did except iron butt guys on goldwings ..

maybe try visiting some other forums

http://www.advrider.com/ is full of guys who do stuff like that on a regular basis.

I have done it but just never say it becuase its nothing special. I do admit riding my ZX12 for 12-16 hours is a hell of alot easier than my first highway bike a GT750 Water Buffalo.

Plus 1200 miles in 17 hours is only an average of 70MPH or so which is kinda slow next time try and average 90-100 over the entire distance traveled

Ignore this member   
Princesskiwi

Administrator
MISTRESS of SMACK
posted May 14, 2009 04:16 AM        
When we do the Coast we do 12-15 hour days on the bike - I am not sure about the miles per day...some of the best roads loop back on themselves several times....

We try to take as many days as we can - looking for good roads, found some amazing ones and got trapped on some REAL goat trails - but it makes each trip interesting.

Ignore this member   
dubious

Needs a life
Needs more time to ride!
posted May 14, 2009 05:21 AM        Edited By: dubious on 14 May 2009 19:45
quote:
quote:

- I like the case, cylinder and crank stability of a monoblock engine. It truly is superior in every mechanical and physical manner, but more difficult to work on.

enlighten me on the more diffucult .. cause ive pulled pistons with only removal of head and oil pan .. other than boring its all the same stuff ..

You couldn't have used a rod bolt stretch guage like your supposed to have then

Can`t even get an accurate torque reading on the rod bolts with the crank still in it.

You can do a top end in frame on the busa, or over bore it without tearing the entire engine apart, try that with a 14....

I was stating why I like my 14 and you called me out on it...

you are such a T bagger....

Ignore this member   
thekaz

Needs a job
posted May 14, 2009 05:34 AM        
quote:
When we do the Coast we do 12-15 hour days on the bike - I am not sure about the miles per day...some of the best roads loop back on themselves several times....

We try to take as many days as we can - looking for good roads, found some amazing ones and got trapped on some REAL goat trails - but it makes each trip interesting.

For finding good unkown roads these guys are pretty good

http://www.destinationhighways.com/

Ignore this member   
dubious

Needs a life
Needs more time to ride!
posted May 14, 2009 08:11 AM        
quote:
since all you have jacked this thread all to hell and back, may I add I say both those bikes are like HUGE HUGE HUGE, SUV HUGE, and litre bikes/600's are where all the fun lives.

I don't care what brand as they are all a hair split apart nowadays!

1000 CC

600 CC

1000 and 600 are fun to ride too!

Ignore this member   
1badzx12r

Needs a life
posted May 14, 2009 11:45 AM        
quote:
quote:
... i still don't see any body doing what i did except iron butt guys on goldwings ..

Plus 1200 miles in 17 hours is only an average of 70MPH or so which is kinda slow next time try and average 90-100 over the entire distance traveled

no 90-100 for me its illegal

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 5 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5     Next» ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > BIKE CHAT > Thread: Suzuki\'s 2nd Gen Hayabusa – Bikeland’s Longterm Review NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2015 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.46128392219543 seconds processing time