HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > BIKE CHAT > Thread: TRE vs Flies - Low End Performance of the ZX-14 Evaluated **UPDATE SEPT 20, 2006 ** NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
Stalwart

Needs a job
How's that change workin' out?
posted June 18, 2007 09:03 AM        
Instead of just stirring the pot, Fishie likes to drop in a hand grenade for effect!

Ignore this member   
Shuriken

Parking Attendant
posted August 17, 2007 03:30 AM        Edited By: Shuriken on 17 Aug 2007 03:32
Hi Guys,

First absolutely great article Brock!!!!!!!!!

I have a ZZR (ZX14) 2006 and couldn't live with the restrictions too.
Besides the Akrapovic slip ons,
I have a GIPro (healtech) TRE, it a kind of advanced TRE with a gear indicator.
You can switch this thing between 4 different set ups and a 5th: TRE-off
I've set it in 6th gear all the time, but you can also choose 1st gear, TRE lets the CPU think it is in 5th, and gears 2-6 in 6th gear (makes it any sense:-)).
And yes, i have added a PC III usb and a customized map was made (AFR is a flat 12)
It pulls 180 HP and 145nM at the back wheel on a conservative dyno

Ignore this member   
wiler2006

Parking Attendant
posted February 03, 2010 04:31 PM        
quote:
quote:
So, who's the numbnuts who asked about a map for the TRE and plate removal? Oh, yeh. That would be me. I thought maybe the TRE did something besides move the sub-plates. You know...Like something to do w/the timing?

Oh, well. I never pretended to know. That's why I gave Brock a substantial hunk of money. I'm happy w/the TRE, Gen. 3, PC set-up.

Good job, guys.

I thought it did as well. On their website they state that ignition maps are different in different gears and that 6th has the most advance. You're not the only numbnuts, i guess.

I really want to see a test with both the TRE and secondary butterflies removed. TRE stands for Timing Retard Eliminator. The timing on the zx-14 is retarded a bit in gears 1-4. The TRE gets rid of the retard on the timing by tricking the ECU on the bike into thinking it's in 6th gear. The secondary butterflies opening earlier is a side effect of the ECU thinking the bike is in 6th gear. Top fuel dragsters have the timing retarded in the lower rpms because the motors in the things produce so much power. It's probably a similar story with the zx-14.

Check out the product description
http://store.58cycle.com/product_p/tre%20zx14%2006.htm

Ignore this member   
Wheelie

Needs a life
Old Man
posted February 03, 2010 04:36 PM        
quote:
quote:
quote:
So, who's the numbnuts who asked about a map for the TRE and plate removal? Oh, yeh. That would be me. I thought maybe the TRE did something besides move the sub-plates. You know...Like something to do w/the timing?

Oh, well. I never pretended to know. That's why I gave Brock a substantial hunk of money. I'm happy w/the TRE, Gen. 3, PC set-up.

Good job, guys.

I thought it did as well. On their website they state that ignition maps are different in different gears and that 6th has the most advance. You're not the only numbnuts, i guess.

I really want to see a test with both the TRE and secondary butterflies removed. TRE stands for Timing Retard Eliminator. The timing on the zx-14 is retarded a bit in gears 1-4. The TRE gets rid of the retard on the timing by tricking the ECU on the bike into thinking it's in 6th gear. The secondary butterflies opening earlier is a side effect of the ECU thinking the bike is in 6th gear. Top fuel dragsters have the timing retarded in the lower rpms because the motors in the things produce so much power. It's probably a similar story with the zx-14.

Five O on the scene, 10-4!!!

wee

Ignore this member   
Wheelie

Needs a life
Old Man
posted February 03, 2010 04:38 PM        
whats a tre, YES! I get to say it LAB3 lol

wee

Ignore this member   
Wheelie

Needs a life
Old Man
posted February 03, 2010 04:39 PM        
quote:
quote:
quote:

Good job, guys.

did he just compare a top fuel dragster to a zx14? weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Ignore this member   
Hellmutt

Needs a job
selling bridges to immigrants
posted February 03, 2010 05:16 PM        
quote:
quote:
quote:

Good job, guys.

If you check out www.brocksperformance.com (and I believe there's a thread or 2 on this site) that explains Brocks' testing on this very subject using dyno run vs. dyno run -- but basically there isn't much difference according to his results it seems to be fairly miniscule.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit Hellmutt's homepage. 
LAB3

Needs a job
posted February 03, 2010 06:24 PM        
quote:
whats a tre, YES! I get to say it LAB3 lol

wee

And I thought I was Old........... Trinity Rail Express goes right my your house :-)

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 8 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > BIKE CHAT > Thread: TRE vs Flies - Low End Performance of the ZX-14 Evaluated **UPDATE SEPT 20, 2006 ** NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2011 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.691565990448 seconds processing time