HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX10R ZONE.com > Thread: where hp figures? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
crazyman1

Expert Class
posted September 16, 2003 01:07 AM        Edited By: crazyman1 on 16 Sep 2003 02:09
where are the hp figures?

okay guys im going nutz, extremelean you must know the figures on the numbers. i'm figuring around the same as r1, about 172 at crank with a little more torque. Is this real close? the hell with the ram air figure, why did they even start that crap. im gonna guess about 156 at the tire when its all said and done.

Ignore this member   
extremelean

Pro
posted September 16, 2003 08:31 PM        Edited By: extremelean on 17 Sep 2003 09:59

Ignore this member   
crazyman1

Expert Class
posted September 16, 2003 08:46 PM        
oh hell yes, i just wet myself. thanks man, we do get the black in america correct.
  Ignore this member   
extremelean

Pro
posted September 16, 2003 10:44 PM        
YES......Black.
LOOK here.... http://www.kawasaki.com/index2.asp

Ignore this member   
bleed green

Parking Attendant
posted September 19, 2003 06:27 PM        
Per a good couple of friends at Kawsaki the numbers are 180 at the wheel with out the help of Ram Air. Th weight is around 364.
  Ignore this member   
frEEk

Administrator
ummm... yeah
posted September 19, 2003 07:17 PM        
uh... i think someone's been pullin ur leg there bleed. or it was that a little hyperbole at work?
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit frEEk's homepage. 
BLEED GREEN

Parking Attendant
posted October 03, 2003 04:36 PM        
He may have been, but I have known him for quite a few years and I am putting some faith in his report.
  Ignore this member   
swft

Needs a life
Full throttle!
posted October 15, 2003 09:20 AM        
Funny, I read 152 at the rear wheel. We will have to wait and see!

Ignore this member   
extremelean

Pro
posted October 15, 2003 11:30 AM        
I'm not wearing any pants.

Ignore this member   
frEEk

Administrator
ummm... yeah
posted October 15, 2003 01:51 PM        
still?!?
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit frEEk's homepage. 
worm~hole

Needs a life
Miles to go before I sleep....
posted October 15, 2003 02:07 PM        
smarty pants

-George Orwell

Ignore this member   
Y2KZX12R

Needs a job
CompetitionCNC.com
posted October 16, 2003 03:08 PM        
extremelean, when are the HP #'s going to be released?

What month?

Ignore this member    Click here to visit Y2KZX12R's homepage. 
swft

Needs a life
Full throttle!
posted October 19, 2003 07:51 PM        
They are never released in the US. Go to the .jp site after the new year, they might be there.

Ignore this member   
extremelean

Pro
posted October 29, 2003 08:32 PM        
I am VERY happy......doobie doobie doo!!

Ignore this member   
zeta xray

Expert Class
posted October 30, 2003 07:30 AM        
EXtremeleaN, you are so damn smug. Getting to play with the object of our affection. While us mere mortals sit around speculating over tiny details and lusting over any little bit of information we can find. Much of it guess, rumor or shear fabrication. Damn. I want my Green ZX10, NOW.
  Ignore this member   
extremelean

Pro
posted October 30, 2003 11:57 AM        
I think you will all be very happy.

Ignore this member   
extremelean

Pro
posted October 30, 2003 11:58 AM        
Patience is a virtue.......Be patient my sons and daughters.

Ignore this member   
Fly Killer

Parking Attendant
posted October 30, 2003 01:07 PM        
yea Extremelan!
Hi people my first post and im waitint 2 for new zx10!!
And im waiting,waiting,waiting,waiting,waiting,waiting,waiting,waiting,waiting,waiting,waiting,waiting,waiting,waiting,

Ignore this member      
zeta xray

Expert Class
posted October 30, 2003 01:24 PM        
"Patience, Hell, I want to kill something"

I am tired of hearing that the snapping turtle look alike R1 is going to be so bad ass. Wow, "Yamaha is the first bike to reach the magical 1 hp per kg mark". Grrrr. The ZX-10R better stomp that pointy beak R1.

Ignore this member   
redelk

Please... speak to the hand.
posted October 30, 2003 01:53 PM        
I waited over a year, from just "talk" to holding the keys in my hands, when it came to the 12R. I don't really care if it's Dec. 31st or Feb. 14th. Just as long as it's green, comes with the rear seat cowl and the service manual arrives shortly after.

I have no doubt that taking delivery of my 10R will be far less emotionally painful as the "it'll be here real soon (for months)" 12R. It'll still be cool enough that I'll have plenty of time to have the bike broken in before the actual "riding season" arrives.

Thanks to the 12R and my previous '97 7R, my expectations of what I want from a sportbike has become very specific. Since I believe the 10R will met or exceed my personal standards, I have to admit that I am very excited on it's impending arrival. Still, I also realize that it will get here... when it gets here. Not a day sooner. I was actually caught off guard when I got the phone call on the 12R's arrival. That call on the 10R will likely be the same... out of the blue.

As soon as I can get a hold of a VIN, I can start the loan and insurance paperwork. Actually, any 10R VIN will do, since we can change it later, if necessary. A week after I got my 12R, I didn't miss my "beloved" 7R on bit. I figure that it will not be any different with the 10R. Though the 12R was a great bike, it is no longer what I want from my personal motorcycle. If I could afford to keep both of them, I would. Since I can not, the point is moot.

The way bikes are distributed to the dealers might be a little different then some folks realize. Of course, those in will see the first and than KMC will start trucking them to their distribution centers. The one for my dealer is 500+ miles away in Houston, TX (I think). Just because my dealer in #1 in the region does NOT mean that they will be the first to see the 10R. A dealer in Houston or Dallas would stand a better chance of getting one before my dealer would.

At the dealers' show in Vegas, KMC "recommended" my dealer order something like twelve 10Rs. I believe my dealer ordered at least ten. Since the 10R has not been released yet, none of the order is showing up on the system yet. Even when they do and they start to arrive in Houston, that still doesn't mean that one is on it's way. There has to be a truck heading this direction.

If one green 10R shows up in Houston, but there isn't a truck heading to Arkansas, it will go to the dealer that has a truck heading in that direction. The only way that ONE 10R would be on the truck to my dealer is if either my dealer or another dealer in this area has units coming. In other words, they will rarely, if ever, ship one bike to one dealer.

Luckily, the Vulcan 2000 is supposed to be released around the same time. That means that there will be trucks coming to this area on a regular basis. So, the first green 10R in Houston that my dealer can get his hands on, can likely be tied into a delivery of other units. Still, odds are, if they are released in December, as planned, it will be 2 to 3 weeks before any of them make the Houston center. If and only IF, my dealer can get his hands on one of the first batch AND there is a truck heading this way, it will be at lease one week (if not closer to 2 weeks) before it gets here.

Still, like any other new bike, even after the shows and magazine test rides, the amount of "Facts" and Detailed Information" will still be scares. Hell, even after the bikes are sold off the showroom, the "debate" over the "numbers" will not end. They haven't for the 12R vs. the Busa and that's after 4 years.

I've always said, I don't ride magazines or "numbers". I ride bikes. I'll be happy if it's here before Feb.

Ignore this member   
extremelean

Pro
posted October 30, 2003 06:55 PM        
Hey red....you uhhh......sound pretty excited.......I would never have known.

LOL

Ignore this member   
redelk

posted October 30, 2003 06:58 PM        
I'm wearing pants.

Otherwise, small children would be scared (and big girls would laugh).

Ignore this member   
extremelean

Pro
posted October 30, 2003 07:23 PM        
I'm sorry

Ignore this member   
redelk

posted October 30, 2003 08:20 PM        
That's okay. I'm used to it.

Ignore this member   
2fast4U

Parking Attendant
posted November 01, 2003 12:58 PM        
details details

When will all of the TBA's be removed from the Kawasaki details page? Does anyone have ACCURATE numbers? Also, if the release date is early in 2004, why does my local dealer say that my ZX10R is set to arrive at the end of this month? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 2 pages long: 1  2     Next» ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX10R ZONE.com > Thread: where hp figures? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2014 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.48152995109558 seconds processing time