HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX10R ZONE.com > Thread: new r1 specs NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
jonwright

Needs a job
posted September 09, 2003 06:31 AM        Edited By: jonwright on 9 Sep 2003 07:31
New R1 Specs

Guys, looks like the 10R better step up!

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/products/unitinfo.asp?lid=2&lc=mcy&cid=5&mid=6

180 HP at the crank? Holy crap.

Ignore this member   
WARBIRD

Needs a job
posted September 09, 2003 06:50 AM        Edited By: WARBIRD on 9 Sep 2003 09:20
jon....................see my posts in necro's MCN issue thread.

http://www.bikeland.org/board/viewthread.php?FID=1&TID=8720&set_time=

Ignore this member   
WARBIRD

Needs a job
posted September 09, 2003 06:53 AM        Edited By: WARBIRD on 9 Sep 2003 09:22
????? Help please..............what do I put at each end to make this address a link?

Thanks to kawachan and necro........

Ignore this member   
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted September 09, 2003 07:26 AM        
What did I say??? You can even go and check the thread and quote me!! ... the name of the Kawi's newest Sportbike should be called "too little too late"... whooop there it is@@!!!!!
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit fish_antlers's homepage. 
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted September 09, 2003 07:28 AM        
quote:
Remember to Breathe

You're looking at our manifesto in metal - everything we've learned in 50 years of competition.

It begins with a third-generation, 998cc, liquid-cooled, short-stroke, 20-valve, in-line four-cylinder engine designed to make 180 horsepower power at a stratospheric 12,500 rpm. The shorter cylinder head is re-angled farther forward to 40 degrees, far enough forward to allow the main frame spars to go over the engine instead of around it.

That straighter load path makes the Deltabox V frame massively strong, even as it makes the bike narrow to better fit the rider. Together with its light, strong and long Controlled Fill die cast truss swingarm, all that power is deployed to the pavement with the help of a fully adjustable piggyback shock absorber.

Titanium exhaust with Yamaha's lightweight Exhaust Ultimate Powervalve (EXUP) is routed under the seat for greater mass centralization. 56 degrees of cornering clearance is a good thing too.

New, five-spoke wheels at both ends are light to spool up fast. Radial-mount forged calipers and 320mm discs provide outstanding braking performance for bending controllably into tight chicanes at the end of long, sixth-gear straights.

These are just some of the features that enable the YZF-R1 to blow the dust out of your synapses every time you hop on and twist the throttle.

The YZF-R1 is our ultimate expression, a perfect example of the mechanical beauty that flows when form is set free to truly express function.

kawachan

Pro
posted September 09, 2003 07:30 AM        
quote:
jon....................see my posts in necro's MCN issue thread.

[link]http://www.bikeland.org/board/viewthread.php?FID=1&TID=8720&set_time=[/link]

Necro told me to put {the link pasted here}

Try that.....

Ignore this member   
kawachan

Pro
posted September 09, 2003 07:33 AM        
uh oh....it worked there too!! bracket url bracket (link here) bracket / url bracket

Ignore this member   
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted September 09, 2003 07:58 AM        
O I C... didnt see it in that thread.....

well... hmmm..

rubber pants

Zone Head
posted September 09, 2003 08:16 AM        
Geeeeze!!!! I think this board should be renamed "Yamaland.org" As it seems some people just don't have the confindence in the new ZX10R! First thing is all we know is spec and appearance and in the appearance deal I like the beloved Kaw best so far by a long shot.... The Honda looks GAY the Yammy looks COMPUTER generated "something outta a CrackerJack box, the Suzuki looks "like it always did" a little bro to the Gaud Awfull Hayabusa!! IMO

speeddemons.com

Ignore this member    Click here to visit Rubber Pants's homepage. 
Ninjaman12R

Needs a job
as a Deal's Gap tour guide.
posted September 09, 2003 08:23 AM        Edited By: Ninjaman12R on 9 Sep 2003 09:30
My .02...........

I think the new R1 is gorgeous, as is the 10R. The Yamaha looks pretty fuckin' cool, a bit more "sexy" than the Kaw IMHO. But the Kaw on the other hand looks like more of a brute which has its' appeal as well. That freakin' 13.7k redline on the R1 really has me sayin' .......Hhhhmmmmmm???

But in the end we will all know who's the boss. Will it be the mighty Gixxer once again? The underdog? (Kaw) That ugly ass POS Honda? Or will the R1 once again rise to the top of the heap? It's a great time to be a sportbike rider fellas. Sit back and enjoy.........

What we're dealin' with here is a complete lack of respect for the law.

Sheriff Buford T. Justice of TEXAS

Ignore this member   
WARBIRD

Needs a job
posted September 09, 2003 08:24 AM        
Thanks kawachan and necro............... Now I know how to make a link.........

Ignore this member   
WARBIRD

Needs a job
posted September 09, 2003 08:29 AM        
quote:

It's a great time to be a sportbike rider fellas. Sit back and enjoy.........
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I heard that!!!!!!!! Took the words right from my mouth Ninjaman. I really feel sorry for the car only guys...............look what we get to play with..............heh heh.

Ignore this member   
Ninjaman12R

Needs a job
posted September 09, 2003 08:45 AM        
Yeah Warbird, we really are lucky. The way I see it is my next bike, no matter which choice I make, will be a bad MF. I'm not saying I'll pick what the mags choose as "Top Dog", it just depends. We all know that ergos on these bikes will not be very forgiving. That's a factor, and so is the $$$$$. I wouldn't pay $1.5k more for the R1 just because it has a few more bhp than the Kaw, or vice versa. I am going to really research these bikes beyond what is read in the rags.

I really like the Kaw, but will admit that as far as visual appeal goes the R1 has already won in my book. Even though there are things about the bike I don't like, overall it looks the slickest to me. Can I get a witness????

Also, I am wondering how bad the exhaust manufacturers are gonna rape us when it comes time to purchase an aftermarket exhaust for the R1??? That's a key question for me because that is usually my (and everyone else I know) first mod. I like to hear that jap inline four banger howl, not the hopped up singer sewing machine crap. The Kaw and the Gixxer pipes will be priced along the lines of what we are used to. The Honda and Yamaha with the underseat arrangement will almost have to be more expensive. How much more? Are we talking full Ti system for $1750, $2000???? That is something that will factor in come purchase time. Just one of many tidbits that a lot of us will ponder before breaking out the checkbook.

Ignore this member   
WARBIRD

Needs a job
posted September 09, 2003 08:57 AM        
I like the traditional exhaust also. Who knows.............maybe that will be a choice along with the undertail design. I really like the Kawasaki.........AND the Yamaha.......AND the Suzuki. The ZX10 looks to be sooo tiny. The R1 is stunning in the looks dept. And then there is the Gixxer 1000........SO fast.....SO good handling..... ( I have one you know..... )

It's just like you said......."It's a great time to be a sportbike rider fellas. Sit back and enjoy......."

Ignore this member   
redelk

Please... speak to the hand.
posted September 09, 2003 09:40 AM        
AMEN, brothers!

Ignore this member    Click here to visit redelk's homepage. 
extremelean

Pro
posted September 09, 2003 11:54 AM        
Completely redesigned short-stroke 998cc, DOHC, 20-valve, liquid-cooled, inline 4-cylinder engine now produces 180 horsepower at an amazing 12,500 rpm (with Ram-Air).

Key words...."WITH Ram Air"

Ignore this member   
extremelean

Pro
posted September 09, 2003 11:55 AM        
Its gonna be a FUN year!!!!

Ignore this member   
TurboBlew

BUSY DOING THE SCHIAVO
posted September 09, 2003 12:21 PM        
Yamaha.... big on promises...short on delivery. YZF600? Are you kidding?

The R6 is ok though.
Lets see... it took Yammy 3 generations to finally come out with Ram Air...lol.
Oh I feel sorry for the R-won camp. I can see them being fast.. but only with a Millholland son aboard.

Ignore this member   
Hells Dark Lord

Needs a life
living life, and loving it.
posted September 09, 2003 01:43 PM        
cant agree with ya on this one Rick...I dont like the R1 at all.....I dont like the looks, and have never liked the ride the R1 delivers....will have to get some seat time to change my mind...Right now the CBR1000RR, and the ZX10R have my attention, and all I can say is that Kawi better step up, or they are gonna get snuffed out.......

I will agree that this is going to be a great year for us sportbike guys, and there should be something out there for everyone.....

I will say that these bikes are the first to make me contemplate getting rid of ZIXER for something else. The liter class bikes are bringing much more to the plate than they have previously, and they are going to be tough to beat. I need a bike that offers the comfort of ZIXER, with the same hp level, and a much lighter weight. If I can get that, I will seel her and buy new....if not, I am prolly gonna buy a new 600 and have fun on the track....

Ignore this member   
Ninjaman12R

Needs a job
posted September 09, 2003 03:19 PM        
I hear ya,,,,

I hear ya Jim, that's why they make chocolate and vanilla. It's all good, and we will all benefit at one point and time from the technology these new literbikes are bringing to the table. I can't wait to ride each of these machines!!!!

Ignore this member   
Hells Dark Lord

Needs a life
living life, and loving it.
posted September 09, 2003 03:48 PM        
amen bro....amen

Ignore this member   
jonwright

Needs a job
posted September 09, 2003 04:32 PM        
quote:
Yamaha.... big on promises...short on delivery. YZF600? Are you kidding?

The R6 is ok though.
Lets see... it took Yammy 3 generations to finally come out with Ram Air...lol.
Oh I feel sorry for the R-won camp. I can see them being fast.. but only with a Millholland son aboard.

OK? Only second by a cunt hair to the Gix 1k on the Cycle World track test? OK? Sheeeet. I have much respect for the R6.

Faster than the Duc 999, faster than all the Kawis. Faster than the Gix 750. Faster than the RC51.

Only the Gix 1k was faster.

Short on delivery? Think not. And I don't even own one.

Extremelean: 180 w/ram air - true, true. Dood - this 10R better kick some ass. That better be what that "Prototype" bullshit is all about in MotoGP (as it should be). I hope that's where the 10R was perfected. Offer any insight?

Ignore this member   
bagster

Zone Head
posted September 09, 2003 06:00 PM        
I can't wait to be the first to see and ride one in this area.
Being a yamaha mechanic can have its perks.

Ignore this member   
TurboBlew

BUSY DOING THE SCHIAVO
posted September 09, 2003 07:37 PM        
quote:
I can't wait to be the first to see and ride one in this area.
Being a yamaha mechanic can have its perks.

How about installing a starter relay on a Maxim or Seca...what kinda perk is that?

Ignore this member   
TurboBlew

BUSY DOING THE SCHIAVO
posted September 09, 2003 07:39 PM        
quote:

OK? Only second by a cunt hair to the Gix 1k on the Cycle World track test? OK? Sheeeet. I have much respect for the R6.

Faster than the Duc 999, faster than all the Kawis. Faster than the Gix 750. Faster than the RC51.

Only the Gix 1k was faster.

Short on delivery? Think not. And I don't even own one.

Come'on Jon .. cut me some slack. I gave da 6 its props...lol

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 2 pages long: 1  2     Next» ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX10R ZONE.com > Thread: new r1 specs NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2023 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.2174859046936 seconds processing time